Author Message

<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Is Jeremy Lin still a free agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:50 pm
Posts: 4660Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
The only positive about this for me is that I can cancel my NBA League Pass subscription...


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:02 pm
Posts: 1497Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:49 pm
He's done. His NBA career is over. He's kinda like a second Marbury, who got abandoned by NBA.
Wish him best of luck in China.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:50 pm
Posts: 1373Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:36 am
Can someone who follows the CBA closely break down how good his team is? and do they have a chance to win the title?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:54 pm
Posts: 1497Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:49 pm
Read threads about Beijing Ducks on this forum 5-7 years ago.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:55 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
directshoot wrote:
Read threads about Beijing Ducks on this forum 5-7 years ago.



LOL !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

STILL DIRECTSH****T !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Beijing Capital Steel Ducks CRACKED and was FADED TEAM since the Stephon Marbury era.


If I was not mistaken, they did not make it to the Final 4 for the past 3 to 4 seasons.

And last season, they cracked in the quarter final to Shenzhen New Century Leopards after leading 3 ~ 1 in the playoff to end up crashing out 3 ~ 4.


Personally think if the Beijing team can make it to the Final 4 this year, it will be already an achievement.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:36 pm
Posts: 1373Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:36 am
pryuen wrote:
directshoot wrote:
Read threads about Beijing Ducks on this forum 5-7 years ago.



LOL !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

STILL DIRECTSH****T !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Beijing Capital Steel Ducks CRACKED and was FADED TEAM since the Stephon Marbury era.


If I was not mistaken, they did not make it to the Final 4 for the past 3 to 4 seasons.

And last season, they cracked in the quarter final to Shenzhen New Century Leopards after leading 3 ~ 1 in the playoff to end up crashing out 3 ~ 4.


Personally think if the Beijing team can make it to the Final 4 this year, it will be already an achievement.


Does Lin count against the 2 foreign players limit?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 1045Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:37 pm
hate to say it, but I dont think he ever put in the necessary work to get to the next level. He didnt improve over the course of his professional career in any serious way. The offseason is when you get better, and my hunch is that he primarily worked out with his personal friend/trainer and not other NBA players and professional skills trainers. The offseason is crucial and spending several weeks in Asia without laser-like training is not going to cut it in today's guard rich league.

I hope he gets another chance at the NBA and pulls off another linsanity type feat cuz it's just depressing to see him donning a CBA jersey.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:04 am
Posts: 4660Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
LAYAOFan wrote:
hate to say it, but I dont think he ever put in the necessary work to get to the next level. He didnt improve over the course of his professional career in any serious way. The offseason is when you get better, and my hunch is that he primarily worked out with his personal friend/trainer and not other NBA players and professional skills trainers. The offseason is crucial and spending several weeks in Asia without laser-like training is not going to cut it in today's guard rich league.

I hope he gets another chance at the NBA and pulls off another linsanity type feat cuz it's just depressing to see him donning a CBA jersey.


At least early in his career, he did put in a lot of work in the summer...shooting coaches, Mo Williams' summer camp, handling work with The Professor, etc. No question his left hand and his defense improved dramatically in those years. He stopped in the later years...once he was with the Nets, he was limited by his injury recovery, and of course had his Asia tours to keep him busy.


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:17 am
Posts: 1497Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:49 pm
I guess after he injured during the Nets' season and said "I'm done!", NBA eventually lost interest of him.

He's also getting old. The average age of NBA players is 26 and he's 31 already. He's absolutely a veteran. He's more of a tutor than a backup for Young in Atlanta.

Remember Marbury left to CBA at age 31 too. He's about the same.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:55 pm
User avatarPosts: 12439Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
PhilNYC wrote:
LAYAOFan wrote:
hate to say it, but I dont think he ever put in the necessary work to get to the next level. He didnt improve over the course of his professional career in any serious way. The offseason is when you get better, and my hunch is that he primarily worked out with his personal friend/trainer and not other NBA players and professional skills trainers. The offseason is crucial and spending several weeks in Asia without laser-like training is not going to cut it in today's guard rich league.
At least early in his career, he did put in a lot of work in the summer...shooting coaches, Mo Williams' summer camp, handling work with The Professor, etc. He stopped in the later years...once he was with the Nets, he was limited by his injury recovery, and of course had his Asia tours to keep him busy.
concur w LAYAOFan’s take

Phil’s comment on his later years suggests complacency


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 6 of 7
69 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron