Why?

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:14 pm
User avatarPosts: 4895Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
PhilNYC wrote:
cadburykiller wrote:
His agents really should be fired.

Why?

Because his agent got 5 other free agent point guards he's gotta find teams for.
Also, agent is not Asian. he won't see the importance of getting keeping an Asian in NBA.

I got a bunch of brothers. If Lin decides to play in Taiwan to play with his brother, i would totally understand that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:06 am
Posts: 4802Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
yaominginfohere wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:
cadburykiller wrote:
His agents really should be fired.

Why?

Because his agent got 5 other free agent point guards he's gotta find teams for.
Also, agent is not Asian. he won't see the importance of getting keeping an Asian in NBA.

I got a bunch of brothers. If Lin decides to play in Taiwan to play with his brother, i would totally understand that.

So you’re willing to blame the agent and not the teams whose GMs aren’t willing to give him a chance? Or your willing to believe that Lin would play for any team regardless of role?

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:22 am
User avatarPosts: 113Location: Bordeaux (FRANCE)Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:47 am
His season was not so bad , at midseason multiple teams were on him.
NBA GMs know he still can play . How is it possible that his agents failed so hard to keep the links with these teams. He just had few bad games that 's it.
I can understand the mental exhaustion of Jay , he always had to fight for all the asian ballers , being the only one in the NBA.
I think if that was just for him he would retire right now. But he knows that keeping his place in the league is so important for all of the asian ballers all around the world.

Situation is really critical right now.
Maybe the best thing to do would be to wait for the blazers , kings or magic to change their mind and call him mid season (after other players being cut).
Playing in asia would be the worst case scenario for his image.
But that's true a good one for his peace of mind .
Russia i'm afraid that things don't workout and then the doors of the NBA would be definitly closed for him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:59 am
Posts: 4802Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
cadburykiller wrote:
His season was not so bad , at midseason multiple teams were on him.
NBA GMs know he still can play . How is it possible that his agents failed so hard to keep the links with these teams. He just had few bad games that 's it.
I can understand the mental exhaustion of Jay , he always had to fight for all the asian ballers , being the only one in the NBA.
I think if that was just for him he would retire right now. But he knows that keeping his place in the league is so important for all of the asian ballers all around the world.

Situation is really critical right now.
Maybe the best thing to do would be to wait for the blazers , kings or magic to change their mind and call him mid season (after other players being cut).
Playing in asia would be the worst case scenario for his image.
But that's true a good one for his peace of mind .
Russia i'm afraid that things don't workout and then the doors of the NBA would be definitly closed for him.

No one was watching him when he was with Atlanta. But when it came time to really step up in Toronto, he didn't just play mediocre...he was bad. And from that, any team looking to be a contender probably got cold-feet about Lin. Combine that with his age and his injury history, I can totally understand GMs who would be hesitant to sign Lin for a significant role....

...and there's the rub. Lin himself said that he only wants to take roles that give him an opportunity to play. He's not interested in being the 3rd PG or the 4th combo G. Given what I mentioned above, its reasonable for a GM not to guarantee a role. So I'm not ready to blame the agents when Lin has set criteria for them that may not be achievable.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:01 am
User avatarPosts: 113Location: Bordeaux (FRANCE)Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:47 am
I understand your point and agree with you for the most part.
The timing of his shooting slump was really horrendous and GM indeed are probably colder about Jay. But as you know many players with bad season, bad timing about poor performances manage to sign surprisingly good contracts. NBA agents efficiency is mostly about network and personal influence , Jay 's situation was bad but not to the point to finish out of the league.
Even in France where Jay has never been loved much , many NBA fans are shocked that he has no offer at this point with several players considered less talented already signed with garantee contracts.
Maybe you're right and the main problem are Jay's conditions. If
that 's the case he has to accept a contract as a 3 rd PG and make his way through the rotation. It's unfair as usual, that 's the always harder path of an asian in the West.
Think that Jay knows all that and won't give up even if that's really a way of the cross.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:52 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Jeremy just rejected a 2-year US$ 5M offer from CSKA Moscow !! He said he is not interested in playing in Europe as of now, while he continues to seek NBA offers. Failing that, he could still explore opportunities in CBA of China.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2847714

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:07 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Jeremy
was in Hangzhou today participating in "2019 Joe Tsai Foundation Outstanding Sports Principals Award:Launch Ceremony" event.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:57 pm
User avatarPosts: 4895Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
pryuen wrote:

Jeremy just rejected a 2-year US$ 5M offer from CSKA Moscow !! He said he is not interested in playing in Europe as of now, while he continues to seek NBA offers. Failing that, he could still explore opportunities in CBA of China.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2847714

Lin is smart. If he plays in Russia he's just another chinaman.

If he plays in China, he becomes the biggest superstar since Yao Ming.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:37 am

Jeremy's 5year deal with Adidas had ended.

Immediately he was signed by Xtep in China for
US$ 7.5 Million for 3 years !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://pandaily.com/jeremy-lin-signs-w ... spokesman/

Offline Profile