<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Trade Rumors for Jeremy Lin ..............

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:43 am
Posts: 4668Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
yaominginfohere wrote:
If history is any indication, Lin will NOT be traded to Philly, Pelicans, Kings, nor Pacers. No rumor with Lin has ever turn out true.

Yeah, this is most likely. Teams will not give a 1st rounder for Lin. Most tanking teams are already in 2nd and 3rd year of their tank, expiring contracts are easy to be had. Also, the teams that actually need Lin can grab him this summer in Free Agency.

Lin should use this season to get healthy and get that money this summer.

I've not seen anywhere that indicates the Hawks are looking for a 1st rounder for Lin.

There are a few teams that need another PG for this season heading towards the playoffs because of injuries...that will be the motivation for trading for Lin before the trade deadline. But agree that those teams may not have anything to offer that the Hawks would want.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:24 am
User avatarPosts: 12452Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
PhilNYC wrote:
I've not seen anywhere that indicates the Hawks are looking for a 1st rounder for Lin.
someone in the Land of Lakers blog made references to Brad turner w that innuendo.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:07 am
Dr. No wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:
someone in the Land of Lakers blog made references to Brad turner w that innuendo.

If it's true, it probably means that the Hawks value having Lin there as Trae's mentor and would only care about getting something big back for him.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 4779Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
None of the rumors came true.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:34 pm
User avatarPosts: 15698Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
This is now a Lin free agency thread.

crystal ball telling me Lin will sign a 1 year $9 mil deal with the Bobcats.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:56 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
This is now a Lin free agency thread.

crystal ball telling me Lin will sign a 1 year $9 mil deal with the Bobcats.

Nah...I think he'll go for less money for a longer contract. I'm guessing he's tired of moving every year.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:36 pm
Rumor from this article,

https://theathletic.com/809430/2019/02/ ... is-career/

The Hawks is willing to buyout Lin's contract. But the terms of the buyout was not disclosed. Lin is not so bad to flat out waive him. However, Lin would be stupid to eat a loss on negotiating the buyout.

Like I said before, Lin should get healthy, he still has a few years of NBA left in him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:04 am
Malorkayel wrote:
Rumor from this article,

https://theathletic.com/809430/2019/02/ ... is-career/

The Hawks is willing to buyout Lin's contract. But the terms of the buyout was not disclosed. Lin is not so bad to flat out waive him. However, Lin would be stupid to eat a loss on negotiating the buyout.

Like I said before, Lin should get healthy, he still has a few years of NBA left in him.

Based on that article, doesn’t sound like Lin feels like he isn’t healthy and would be happy to move to another team. All will depend on whether his agent can find a team that would sign him.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:46 am
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1095028881273380864

If it's true, this would be very cool...

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:30 pm
Lin now a Raptor. He boughtout his contract with Atlanta and will sign with Toronto.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtwOF9ZDoBg ... _copy_link

Quote:
jlin7
THANK YOU to the Hawks so much for this opportunity. Coming off of 2 years of being injured, you helped me become myself again on the basketball court and allowed me to experience the joy of hoops again!

Thank you to the Ressler family, to Travis, to Coach Pierce, to my teammates. An organization that does things the right way, treats people the right way! What an honor it's been to get to play with Vince the (goat) and to watch these young guys develop. The future is bright for Atlanta!!! I truly mean that!

Everyone who knows me knows how big my dreams are and that I have so much left to give to the game. Hyped to join the Raptors!! Galatians 6:9 #WeTheNorth #NeverDone

Offline Profile