<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Jeremy Lin 2018-2019 season game thread.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:32 am
Posts: 4547Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
supraman wrote:
Everyone wanted him out of Atlanta but the system suited him well. In hindsight we were wrong to wish him leave atlanta

I’ve been thinking a little about this. Not sure...the question is why is he playing so poorly? Is it because his talent level is not high enough to be able to perform on a team of this high level? Or is it because he hit a wall recovering from his injury and time off coincidently exactly at the wrong time? Is it because the mental pressure of needing to perform is too much for him to handle after everything he’s been through? If he stayed in Atlanta, would his performance have dropped this badly? Not sure...but I’m sure that at this point, every shot he misses makes him feel even more pressure.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:39 am
Raptors signed Jodie Meeks...signaling he end of Lin’s time with the Raptors.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:45 pm
User avatarPosts: 3021Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:34 am
Yeah it's over, he went 1-9 today

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:31 am
User avatarPosts: 4750Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
Had Lin stayed in Atlanta, he would probably only get to average 5-10 minutes a game these days as Trae Young is now a ROTY candidate putting in big minutes.

Since the move to Toronto, I've watched every nationally televised Raptors game. Lin looks frustrated with the refs and sometimes his teammates. He's hit a wall. but at least he's not injured.

On a side-note, Jimmer Fredette was just signed by the Phoenix Suns. He went 1-10 in his latest game. If Fredette doesn't stay in the NBA, I doubt any other Chinese CBA guard ever gets to the NBA.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:39 am
User avatarPosts: 3021Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:34 am
yaominginfohere wrote:
Had Lin stayed in Atlanta, he would probably only get to average 5-10 minutes a game these days as Trae Young is now a ROTY candidate putting in big minutes.

Since the move to Toronto, I've watched every nationally televised Raptors game. Lin looks frustrated with the refs and sometimes his teammates. He's hit a wall. but at least he's not injured.

On a side-note, Jimmer Fredette was just signed by the Phoenix Suns. He went 1-10 in his latest game. If Fredette doesn't stay in the NBA, I doubt any other Chinese CBA guard ever gets to the NBA.

Fredette isn't the best guard in the CBA, he is a volume shooter and number one option on a mediocre team so he just takes tons of shots each game. His a one dimensional player. Even on a cba team i would take guo Ailun over him any day, who is showing significant improvement, hope he gets a shot at the nba. His better than most the foreign ex nba guards in the cba.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:45 pm
User avatarPosts: 15529Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Lin will be playing in China next year. Or he should be for his own good.

There is no sympathy in professional athletics. You perform at the level or you GTFO.

We all saw it coming when Yao retired at 30 years old, same age as Lin currently.

There is a million reasons why an Asian American guy can no longer play at the NBA level, mental or physical.

That is why Linsanity was so amazing, being a transient moment, Dark Star winning.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:05 am
Malorkayel wrote:
Lin will be playing in China next year. Or he should be for his own good.

There is no sympathy in professional athletics. You perform at the level or you GTFO.

We all saw it coming when Yao retired at 30 years old, same age as Lin currently.

There is a million reasons why an Asian American guy can no longer play at the NBA level, mental or physical.

That is why Linsanity was so amazing, being a transient moment, Dark Star winning.

Yao Ming retired because he got injured again, as he was overplayed, after Mutumbo, Yao Ming's backup got injured.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:06 am
yaominginfohere wrote:

wahahahaha, there are tons of Chinese point guards way better than this Jimmer Fredette guy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:33 pm
Watching the Raptors vs. Chicago game right now...and continue to be impressed by Kyle Lowry's leadership. Lin checked into the game, and Lowry was all smiles and chatting with Lin, and as they are playing, Lowry definitely showing trust in Lin. Green, too (although Green has been a long-time friend with Lin, so that is not as surprising.).

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:04 pm
Jeremy Lin has surged again.

Offline Profile