Author Message

<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Jeremy Lin 2018-2019 season game thread.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 15469Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Lin padded extra 4 pts and 2 rebounds in garbage time vs Knicks. Like a true vet.

8 pts, 5 rebs, 1 ast, 1 stl.

Dominique sounded like the usual, praising Lin like squeezing blood from a rock. Didn't hesitate calling out Lin for dribbler pass him.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 4733Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
I guess we need to lower our expectations this season. Lin still has yet to make a 3-pointer this season (includes preseason) and has finished negative in the +/- rating in all games.

Good news is, Lin didn't get hurt.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:21 am
Posts: 4493Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
The Hawks played really poorly. Trae Young looks like he’s got no idea what he’s doing. Vince Carter looked sad.

Lin was subbed in for 3-4 minute spurts. It will suck if that’s he way they are going to play him. I’m guessing Lin gets traded before the all star game.


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:01 am
User avatarPosts: 4733Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
PhilNYC wrote:
The Hawks played really poorly. Trae Young looks like he’s got no idea what he’s doing. Vince Carter looked sad.

Lin was subbed in for 3-4 minute spurts. It will suck if that’s he way they are going to play him. I’m guessing Lin gets traded before the all star game.



They're not going to be able to trade Lin for anything of value if they only play him 14 minutes a game.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:37 am
User avatarPosts: 15469Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
There is little chance of Lin being traded. His contract is $13 mil expiring and his on court value is worthless to the Hawks. He is a warm body that is backup/babysitter for Trae Young.

Basically, there is only few scenarios where he is part of a package deal for Hawks to bring in a Max contract player on another tanking team.

However, the Hawks are developing Trae Young 100% this season. They don't really care about winning, and bringing in a vet like Rudy Gay.

This with the trend of NBA Vets signing 1 year contracts, and also straight up waiving deadbeat players like Jochem Noah. The NBA is slave to the star gravity players, the rest of the league are complementary components.

Lin can get money, or TRY to get stability for less money. Only Superstars can get both.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:51 pm
User avatarPosts: 15469Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Tonight, Lin with 17 min played.

9 pts 2 reb 2 asst.

I watched the first half Lin was playing backup in few minute stretches, and at no point did he play with Young on the floor at the same time.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:34 am
Posts: 4493Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
There is little chance of Lin being traded. His contract is $13 mil expiring and his on court value is worthless to the Hawks. He is a warm body that is backup/babysitter for Trae Young.

Basically, there is only few scenarios where he is part of a package deal for Hawks to bring in a Max contract player on another tanking team.

However, the Hawks are developing Trae Young 100% this season. They don't really care about winning, and bringing in a vet like Rudy Gay.

This with the trend of NBA Vets signing 1 year contracts, and also straight up waiving deadbeat players like Jochem Noah. The NBA is slave to the star gravity players, the rest of the league are complementary components.

Lin can get money, or TRY to get stability for less money. Only Superstars can get both.


The expiring contract is what makes Lin tradable. There was already talk that the Suns need a PG, so something like that could lead to a multi-team deal where Lin gets moved. For now, it's pretty obvious that Lin is really only on the team for insurance in case Young gets hurt...barring that, he'll get his 15 minutes per game to give Young a rest and that's it.


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:32 pm
Posts: 8230Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
damn vince carter is still playing and as a starter too. this team must be tanking. feel bad for lin playing for a garbage team in garbage time. he should play in china to be honest. all teams will not give him any good minutes.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 4733Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
Lin needs to play this season injury-free. He is now considered injury prone and no other team will invest in him for their future. Its a shame because Brooklyn Nets gave Lin a chance to be a starter.

Another season-ending injury would essentially be a career-ending injury for Lin... like what happened to Yao Ming.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:37 pm
Posts: 4493Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
shokenchi wrote:
damn vince carter is still playing and as a starter too. this team must be tanking. feel bad for lin playing for a garbage team in garbage time. he should play in china to be honest. all teams will not give him any good minutes.


They just beat Cleveland...


Offline Profile YIM

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 1 of 21
204 posts
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum