Author Message

<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Nets trade guard Jeremy Lin to Hawks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:15 am
User avatarPosts: 15698Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Like I said before, Lin had a very serious injury that was career threatening. We fans will have to look at Jeremy Lin beyond the NBA.

life happens


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:46 am
Posts: 4668Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
If I remember correctly, Dominique Wilkins is one of the commentators for Hawks games. He has always been notoriously anti-Lin during games. Also saw that Wilkins is a "VP of Basketball and Special Advisor to CEO" with the Hawks. Hopefully he's not someone who will be trying to undermine Lin in the organization.


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:55 am
User avatarPosts: 113Location: Bordeaux (FRANCE)Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:47 am
You're right Wilkins is one of the worst Lin basher in the US...


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 15698Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Trade is not bad if Lin is still hurt and spending most of this season recovering and not playing. Next move will be retirement, or 1 year vet min contracts until retirement.

However, if Lin is healthy to play, he will not get substantial minutes with the HAWKS and most likely will be pressured to negotiate a Buyout for this contract.

Asian Man can't get that NBA moneys, taking away from Da Brothas.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Malorkayel wrote:
Trade is not bad if Lin is still hurt and spending most of this season recovering and not playing. Next move will be retirement, or 1 year vet min contracts until retirement.



Well, if Jeremy could still play , even at 60 to 70% of his previous capability level, given his popularity in China, he can join as expat, and get as much as US$ 3 to 3.5M contract in ambitious teams like Xinjiang or Shandong, if player like Ty Lawson can earn that much playing for Shandong.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am


SO LIFE GOES ON !!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Despite got traded away from New York, the big market in NBA to Atlanta and facing uncertainty and new competition there in the new team, Jeremy has to put aside his agony/frustration, and is now in Beijing, doing filming for a basketball-related variety show for Zhejiang Satelitte TV and Youku !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

He is STILL AS POPULAR AS EVER, mobbed by the fans.

The show called Dunk of China will feature Jeremy, Guo Ailun, Jay Chou, and Li Yifeng (popular Chinese actor).

Jeremy might have to stay in Beijing a couple of days for pre-filming of the show.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:06 am
Posts: 4668Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
I am a little surprised that not a single one of Lin’s Brooklyn teammates tweeted anything about this trade.


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:54 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
PhilNYC wrote:
I am a little surprised that not a single one of Lin’s Brooklyn teammates tweeted anything about this trade.



Well IRONICALLY the ONLY guy from Brooklyn Nets that posted about Jeremy was his Taiwanese boss Joe Tsai. :shock: :shock: :shock:

He posted 2 tweets the day after Jeremy's trade to Atlanta Hawks was announced.

Chinese fans said it's CROCODILE'S TEARS 猫哭老鼠假慈悲 !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:


Quote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/joetsai1999?p=s

Sean Marks has kept me updated on our team's moves during this offseason. He and his team are doing terrific work to build the Nets for the long term. I love Jeremy Lin because he represents the underdog in all of us -- truly first class on and off the court.



Quote:

Jeremy is not only exciting to watch, he sets an example for perseverance and leadership. We are great friends, and I will follow his progress no matter where he is.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:36 am
Posts: 4668Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
Trade is not bad if Lin is still hurt and spending most of this season recovering and not playing. Next move will be retirement, or 1 year vet min contracts until retirement.

However, if Lin is healthy to play, he will not get substantial minutes with the HAWKS and most likely will be pressured to negotiate a Buyout for this contract.

Asian Man can't get that NBA moneys, taking away from Da Brothas.


His playing time will be determined by whether the Hawks are able to trade Schroeder or not...and his health, of course. Also, will need to see what the new coach wants to do regarding what kind of basketball system they will use.


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:37 am
Posts: 4668Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
pryuen wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:
I am a little surprised that not a single one of Lin’s Brooklyn teammates tweeted anything about this trade.



Well IRONICALLY the ONLY guy from Brooklyn Nets that posted about Jeremy was his Taiwanese boss Joe Tsai. :shock: :shock: :shock:

He posted 2 tweets the day after Jeremy's trade to Atlanta Hawks was announced.

Chinese fans said it's CROCODILE'S TEARS 猫哭老鼠假慈悲 !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:


Quote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/joetsai1999?p=s

Sean Marks has kept me updated on our team's moves during this offseason. He and his team are doing terrific work to build the Nets for the long term. I love Jeremy Lin because he represents the underdog in all of us -- truly first class on and off the court.



Quote:

Jeremy is not only exciting to watch, he sets an example for perseverance and leadership. We are great friends, and I will follow his progress no matter where he is.


There is some question regarding whether that is Joe’s actual Twitter account. Before the news of his buying the Nets, that account only hand a few hundred followers...you’d figure that the COO of Albaba would have more than that.


Offline Profile YIM

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 2 of 8
75 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum