<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Jeremy Lin & Nets Off season Thread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:20 am
Posts: 4644Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/6/22/158 ... sibilities

Jeremy: “I’ve always loved two combo guards playing together. I’ve always been an advocate of that, whether it’s me playing alongside Patrick Beverley or playing alongside Kemba [Walker],” Lin told The Post. “Me and Kemba’s pairing was the most fun I’ve had.

“Playing alongside another person who is dynamic makes the game easier. … I’m excited to share the backcourt with him. I’ve already reached out to him. We’ve texted a bit, so it should be cool.”

Hollis-Jefferson: “We’re getting really young. D’Angelo is going to come fit right in, because he’s willing to work. He’s humble. I know him already,” said RHJ, who’s only 22 himself. Russell, despite two years at a starter for the Lakers, is still only 21. He’ll be the youngest player on the team once the trade is officia.

He, too, isn’t worried about Lin and Russell meshing.

“Jeremy is one of the most unselfish people I ever met, so he’s willing to sacrifice some things,” Hollis-Jefferson said. “And once our coaches meet with D’Angelo and see his feeling for things, I’m sure he’s willing to sacrifice too. In the end people want to win.”

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:23 am
User avatarPosts: 12436Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
PhilNYC wrote:
https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/6/22/15851664/jeremy-lin-texting-dangelo-russell-and-seeing-possibilities

Jeremy: “I’ve always loved two combo guards playing together. I’ve always been an advocate of that, whether it’s me playing alongside Patrick Beverley or playing alongside Kemba [Walker],” Lin told The Post. “Me and Kemba’s pairing was the most fun I’ve had.
but Lin has never played w someone as lazy as lazy D

PhilNYC wrote:
Other than Russell, who else on the Lakers would have made it easy to unload Mozgov's contract with some certainty that they could replace him with a high draft pick?
let's be honest.
    Nets would much prefer LAL's other #2 pick, Brandon Ingram, who actually has
    shown vision, skills and the work ethics to be successful against NBA competition.
    he is versatile, can score inside, mid range and outside, can defend 1-4, and has
    earned the trust of his coaches to bring the ball up to the front court. when asked to be
    the point forward, he has shown better play-making skills than lazy D

btw, Ingram is one year younger than lazy D
the only reason the Nets didn't get Ingram was Magic Johnson would not even discuss it.

the fact that the Nets were willing to settle for lazy D underscores how desperate they are :!:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:46 am
User avatarPosts: 15605Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Lakers homers need to tone it down. D'Lo is fine, he's not generational player, but his production was okay for a starter. Plus he is 21 and cheap.

Mozgov won a ring with the Cavs, he's the best center Nets have currently. Now Brook got traded.

Yes, it feels a little like running in place, but maybe Nets will pick up another piece in FA. The trade didn't make the Nets worse.

Again, Magic Johnson is a nub GM. He got Lonzo Ball, and recycled D'Lo to do it. But Mozgov was Mitch's mistake out of desperation.

End of the day, it was an even trade. Don't make it out like the Lakers did anything spectacular like how Bos fcked Brooklyn. People have been shtting on Brooklyn for losing 2 years now, and then sucking Sixers ****** even though they lose every year for like 6 years now.

NBA definitely set some stupid narratives. Smart fans would realize that the Warriors will most likely win every year if they keep Durant. Every other team is irrelevant, Warriors REKT every team in the playoffs and almost swept Cavs too, if the Refs didn't GIFT game 4 to the Cavs.

Nets had to go YOUNGER, that's what they did with the trade. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:55 am
Dr. No wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:
https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/6/22/15851664/jeremy-lin-texting-dangelo-russell-and-seeing-possibilities

but Lin has never played w someone as lazy as lazy D

PhilNYC wrote:
Other than Russell, who else on the Lakers would have made it easy to unload Mozgov's contract with some certainty that they could replace him with a high draft pick?
let's be honest.
    Nets would much prefer LAL's other #2 pick, Brandon Ingram, who actually has
    shown vision, skills and the work ethics to be successful against NBA competition.
    he is versatile, can score inside, mid range and outside, can defend 1-4, and has
    earned the trust of his coaches to bring the ball up to the front court. when asked to be
    the point forward, he has shown better play-making skills than lazy D

btw, Ingram is one year younger than lazy D
the only reason the Nets didn't get Ingram was Magic Johnson would not even discuss it.

the fact that the Nets were willing to settle for lazy D underscores how desperate they are :!:

Why is it so important to you to convince everyone that Russell is lazy and the Nets are desperate? What are the Nets desperate about? Are you saying they are desperate to replace Lin? Desperate to trade Lopez? Desperate to take on Mozgov's contract? Desperate to sign a lazy player? Not sure what this trade solves in terms of desperation.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:57 am
Malorkayel wrote:
Mozgov won a ring with the Cavs
riding the coattails of LBJ, Kyrie, Love and Co.

Quote:
End of the day, it was an even trade.
:lol:

PhilNYC wrote:
What are the Nets desperate about?
画 公 仔 唔 使 画 出 肠 :!:
    PRY will translate

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:27 am
User avatarPosts: 15605Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Lakers fans are fcking CANCER.

Lakers have MAGIC JOHNSON as their GM purely from nepotism.

Mozgov won a championship as the starting center on the team. No one fcking said he was an all-star. It was MITCH and stupid fcking LAKERS that signed him to that bad contract. So, MAGIC decides to dump D'Lo to spotlight MITCH's mistake.

So, if the trade is bad it's not D'Lo is bad. D'Lo was picked by the Lakers at #2. It's that LAKERS FCKING SUCK at management.

Brook Lopez for D'Lo and Mozgov is fine. LAKERS fans are CANCER. LAKERS is a SHTTY team, and I laugh when Lakers fans think they're not a basement bottom team.

MORANUS compelled to shoot of his hyperbole load with anything involving LAKERS.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:29 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
PhilNYC wrote:

Why is it so important to you to convince everyone that Russell is lazy and the Nets are desperate? What are the Nets desperate about? Are you saying they are desperate to replace Lin? Desperate to trade Lopez? Desperate to take on Mozgov's contract? Desperate to sign a lazy player? Not sure what this trade solves in terms of desperation.

Well you just can't ARGUE OR REASON with Canto Moranus !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

He once formed a BIASED OPINION on SOMEONE OR SOMETHING, he will stick with it and continue to beat the dead horse !!!

YEAH D'Angelo Russell is a LAZY GUY, a SELFISH BALL HOG, does not know anything about team basketball, UNWILLING to run and pass, but YET the TOP ASSIST PROVIDER of the Lakers in last season !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:36 am
Malorkayel wrote:
blah, blah, blah
:lol:

pryuen wrote:
YEAH D'Angelo Russell is a LAZY GUY, a SELFISH BALL HOG, does not know anything about team basketball, UNWILLING to run and pass, but YET the TOP ASSIST PROVIDER of the Lakers in last season !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
yet, his coach would bench him, the team's leading assist guy, for a couple of game and then move him to another position where he was more effective

it deja vu all over again :!:
    PRY cutting n pasting info from the internet pretending that he has the inside info,
    when he can't even see the BIG picture :!: :roll:

a la
      the West Admas neighborhood in LA,
      LA Chinatown
      InO burgers

Last edited by Dr. No on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:36 am
Dr. No wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:
What are the Nets desperate about?
画 公 仔 唔 使 画 出 肠 :!:
    PRY will translate

Google Translate read this as "Do not make a picture".

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:47 am
the phrase conveys " intuitively obvious :!: "

the literal translation
    when you draw a picture of a person,
    you don't have to draw their intestines :!:

Last edited by Dr. No on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile