<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Injury Update for Jeremy Lin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:13 am
User avatarPosts: 12453Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
Well, from my personal experience, accupuncture works, AT LEAST FOR ME !!!

Due to my work habits (lengthy hours at the computer and desk), I used to have cervical spondylosis, also known as cervical osteoarthritis or neck arthritis 颈椎病. It was so severe that I fet pain whenever I rotated my head from one side to another.

When I retired and returned here to live, I went to see/consult this famous accupuncturist in the city I live.

After 6 months of treatment (2 treatments per week), I had made immense improvement in my neck arthritis. For 5 years now, I no longer felt pain in my neck during rainy days, and I can also rotate my head from one side to another without feeling the pain I experienced before.
i had the similar malady w acute shoulder/neck/spine tightness, all knotted up, which triggered the chronic need to crack my neck.
  • when driving,
      in looking back to check traffic, i had to turn my entire torso around
      instead of just turning my neck.
  • when swimming
      had difficulties w the free-style stroke

saw chiropactors, which help a bit. but i need to keep going back for weekly treatments.

same for accupunturists

a friend / relative recommended QiGong treatment; had 2 treatments by this Taoist monk.
    the acute tightness is gone, able to swim / turn my neck freely; haven't
    had the need to see a chiropractor/acupunturist/qigong master in ~~ 10 years.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:42 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Jeremy travelled with the team to Miami.

He was seen doing some shooting practice prior to the game, as well as cheering and raving support for his team which went down narrowly 104 ~ 96 to the host team.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:44 am
User avatarPosts: 2329Location: Brooklyn, NYJoined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:17 pm
so in line with 3-5 week timeline, Lin stated hopefully to return in 2-3 weeks.
which would probably be just after all-star weekend.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:04 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Jeremy showed up on home court for some shooting practice prior to the New York Derby vs New York Knicks.

Seems like getting better and better.

But without him, win is so difficult, as the Nets once again went down narrowly to the Knicks 95 ~ 90.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:53 am
pryuen wrote:
yaominginfohere wrote:

how effective is Accupuncture? Western culture don't use this. Western medicine treats muscles directly at the source.... but I hear from some people, accupuncture works wonders on aching muscles.

Well, from my personal experience, accupuncture works, AT LEAST FOR ME !!!

Due to my work habits (lengthy hours at the computer and desk), I used to have cervical spondylosis, also known as cervical osteoarthritis or neck arthritis 颈椎病. It was so severe that I fet pain whenever I rotated my head from one side to another.

When I retired and returned here to live, I went to see/consult this famous accupuncturist in the city I live.

After 6 months of treatment (2 treatments per week), I had made immense improvement in my neck arthritis. For 5 years now, I no longer felt pain in my neck during rainy days, and I can also rotate my head from one side to another without feeling the pain I experienced before.

Since when is sitting on your bum playing WOW all day count as work?

because it's hard to imagine a retired person + 5 years of age speak the way you do,fully ladden with profanities.

don't tell us you are both!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:27 am
Posts: 4668Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
knoxxx wrote:
because it's hard to imagine a retired person + 5 years of age speak the way you do,fully ladden with profanities.

don't tell us you are both!

Why is that so f*&^ing hard to imagine?

:shock:

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:29 am
Posts: 4668Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Gotta say that I don't understand why it's taking so long for Lin to recover from this hamstring injury.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:47 am
https://twitter.com/NYPost_Lewis/status/831559152627490816

Quote:
Kenny Atkinson expects Jeremy Lin to play in Denver after the #NBA all star break #Nets @JLin7

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:48 am
https://twitter.com/_Verts/status/831560451146276864
Quote:
Atkinson says Jeremy Lin practice today, should play at Denver on Friday.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:36 pm
http://nypost.com/2017/02/14/jeremy-lins-hell-is-just-about-over/
Quote:
Jeremy Lin’s hell is just about over
by Brian Lewis

Jeremy Lin’s hamstrings have hampered the Nets’ season, holding him to just 12 games and contributing to the team’s league-worst record. But the point guard finally resumed practice Tuesday and is expected to play in Denver on Feb. 24, the Nets’ first game after the All-Star break.

“He did pretty much everything, even a little extra afterwards, played a little full-court,’’ Nets coach Kenny Atkinson said. “He’s going to get that 10-day All-Star period to get his rhythm, get in better shape, work on his cardio. So, good news. He looked good, shot the ball well. His conditioning he’s got to work on a little bit. It’s a little different than being on a bike or a treadmill.

“We’ve got to see the minutes [in Denver], how that looks, the gradual buildup. … I’m not sure exactly what that minutes restriction is going to look like or if there’ll be one.”

Whatever minutes Lin plays in Denver will be a boost. Lin has missed 43 games, all but one of those due to a trio of left hamstring strains. He was averaging 13.9 points, 5.8 assists and 3.3 rebounds, and brings a veteran stability and leadership that are absent from rookie Isaiah Whitehead and 23-year-old Spencer Dinwiddie.

“I just think it’s big,’’ Atkinson said. “I just think it gives the whole organization, our team, some stability [to] see all of our players with a guy of Jeremy’s caliber and experience, really.

“Just watching him in the pick-and-roll, both offensively and defensively, there’s a level of understanding, a level of athleticism is what you see, speed and force. It’s kind of striking when you’re seeing it. So it’ll be good. I think it’s well-needed, especially with us struggling.”

The Nets (9-46) go into Wednesday’s game against the Bucks with the worst record in the NBA. Their 13-game losing skid is the longest in the league this season, and their 15-game slump at home is a club record. Lin’s absence is a huge part of that.

“It’s definitely been a different challenge,’’ the former Knicks sensation said. “I’ve never experienced this challenge of not being able to play and having to watch. It’s been difficult. It’s been really, really hard to watch. I feel for the guys because they’re playing hard, they’re playing the right way, they’re moving the ball, trying to do the right things.

“They’re giving effort, and sometimes it doesn’t happen. Sometimes, we have a good lead, we’re in control, and we lose it. I’m not going to lie, it wears on everybody. I walk in there, and I just feel bad. I feel bad. I’m a little bit upset at myself. I just feel bad for the whole situation, really.”

Offline Profile