Author Message

<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Preseason Game #6 Thread - 10/20/2016 - NY Knicks @ BKN Nets

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:56 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Malorkayel wrote:

Again, I didn't like how Kenny managed the minutes. Vasquez and Bennett combo was left on the floor for an entire quarter... with that the Nets were down double digits. But Lin and Lopez was put back in LATE in the 4th to cute the lead down to 4.... then Knicks regained an 8 pt lead and Nets starters were done.


Well, NOT SURE IF you had watched the game !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

TheSmoket wrote:
Image


Jeremy was benched for his breather shortly after this great cross-court assist after playing close to 8 minutes of 3Q.

At that time Brooklyn Nets had a 5 point lead.... 75 ~ 70.

But then without Jeremy on court, the Brookyln Nets just crumbled and let the Knicks have a 17 ~ 3 run to take a 9 point lead (87 ~ 78) into 4Q.


If I was not wrong, Jeremy started for 4Q, and led the team back by scoring 13 points of his 24 points in 4Q to be within striking distance. He was then taken out towards the end probably for precaution as you said he hit his knee.

But I agreed that it's a HEADACHE for Kenny Atkinson on how to manage and spread Jeremy's minutes in 48 minutes. As demonstrated in the preseason games, EVERY TIME Jeremy was taken out for his breather, the team would start to dig out deep holes and get blown away by the opponents !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:24 am
Posts: 4802Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
Nets lose as I predicted. Kenny is stupid, Lin hit his knee in the 4th quarter. Hope it's not serious.

Lin end the night with 24 pts, 6/9 fg , 10 asst, 8 TO, 29 min.

Again, I didn't like how Kenny managed the minutes. Vasquez and Bennett combo was left on the floor for an entire quarter... with that the Nets were down double digits. But Lin and Lopez was put back in LATE in the 4th to cute the lead down to 4.... then Knicks regained an 8 pt lead and Nets starters were done.


It's preseason, the coaches aren't concerned with winning/losing. They want to see decision making, chemistry between players (or lack thereof), running sets and combos, etc in order to help them make lineup decisions, etc. Of course, they also want to give minutes to players to help them get into better game-shape, too.

With the Nets' bench as weak as it is, I'm sure he wanted to give them more playing time now to get them experience because they probably won't play nearly as much once the season starts.


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:34 am
User avatarPosts: 15804Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
pryuen wrote:
Malorkayel wrote:

Again, I didn't like how Kenny managed the minutes. Vasquez and Bennett combo was left on the floor for an entire quarter... with that the Nets were down double digits. But Lin and Lopez was put back in LATE in the 4th to cute the lead down to 4.... then Knicks regained an 8 pt lead and Nets starters were done.


Well, NOT SURE IF you had watched the game !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

TheSmoket wrote:
Image


Jeremy was benched for his breather shortly after this great cross-court assist after playing close to 8 minutes of 3Q.

At that time Brooklyn Nets had a 5 point lead.... 75 ~ 70.

But then without Jeremy on court, the Brookyln Nets just crumbled and let the Knicks have a 17 ~ 3 run to take a 9 point lead (87 ~ 78) into 4Q.


If I was not wrong, Jeremy started for 4Q, and led the team back by scoring 13 points of his 24 points in 4Q to be within striking distance. He was then taken out towards the end probably for precaution as you said he hit his knee.

But I agreed that it's a HEADACHE for Kenny Atkinson on how to manage and spread Jeremy's minutes in 48 minutes. As demonstrated in the preseason games, EVERY TIME Jeremy was taken out for his breather, the team would start to dig out deep holes and get blown away by the opponents !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:


Calm down, Lin didn't start the 4th. Lin enters the game 7:37 in the 4th, Lopez enters 8:26. The game was out of reach by the Nets at that point. Kenny is bad at game flow management and timeouts.

Don't know why you're jumpy.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:44 am
User avatarPosts: 15804Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
PhilNYC wrote:
Malorkayel wrote:
Nets lose as I predicted. Kenny is stupid, Lin hit his knee in the 4th quarter. Hope it's not serious.

Lin end the night with 24 pts, 6/9 fg , 10 asst, 8 TO, 29 min.

Again, I didn't like how Kenny managed the minutes. Vasquez and Bennett combo was left on the floor for an entire quarter... with that the Nets were down double digits. But Lin and Lopez was put back in LATE in the 4th to cute the lead down to 4.... then Knicks regained an 8 pt lead and Nets starters were done.


It's preseason, the coaches aren't concerned with winning/losing. They want to see decision making, chemistry between players (or lack thereof), running sets and combos, etc in order to help them make lineup decisions, etc. Of course, they also want to give minutes to players to help them get into better game-shape, too.

With the Nets' bench as weak as it is, I'm sure he wanted to give them more playing time now to get them experience because they probably won't play nearly as much once the season starts.


Yes, it's preseason. However, it's also practice for a rookie head coach to properly manage his team in the last preseason game. Horncek coached the game better than KA. He made the right time outs and he inserted the proper rotations of players. Both team's starters played around similar amount of minutes.

Knicks beat the Nets twice, they also beat Celtics at BOS. Knicks is projected to better than the Nets... but I see the Nets shooting themselves in the foot and handicapping themselves with shtty lineups. Stuff they could have squared away internally.

What I'm saying is that Nets is projected to be the worst team in the NBA and their Star players are 28 years old. That is a bad combination.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:37 am
Posts: 4802Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:
Malorkayel wrote:
Nets lose as I predicted. Kenny is stupid, Lin hit his knee in the 4th quarter. Hope it's not serious.

Lin end the night with 24 pts, 6/9 fg , 10 asst, 8 TO, 29 min.

Again, I didn't like how Kenny managed the minutes. Vasquez and Bennett combo was left on the floor for an entire quarter... with that the Nets were down double digits. But Lin and Lopez was put back in LATE in the 4th to cute the lead down to 4.... then Knicks regained an 8 pt lead and Nets starters were done.


It's preseason, the coaches aren't concerned with winning/losing. They want to see decision making, chemistry between players (or lack thereof), running sets and combos, etc in order to help them make lineup decisions, etc. Of course, they also want to give minutes to players to help them get into better game-shape, too.

With the Nets' bench as weak as it is, I'm sure he wanted to give them more playing time now to get them experience because they probably won't play nearly as much once the season starts.


Yes, it's preseason. However, it's also practice for a rookie head coach to properly manage his team in the last preseason game. Horncek coached the game better than KA. He made the right time outs and he inserted the proper rotations of players. Both team's starters played around similar amount of minutes.

Knicks beat the Nets twice, they also beat Celtics at BOS. Knicks is projected to better than the Nets... but I see the Nets shooting themselves in the foot and handicapping themselves with shtty lineups. Stuff they could have squared away internally.

What I'm saying is that Nets is projected to be the worst team in the NBA and their Star players are 28 years old. That is a bad combination.


Hornecek maybe had different things he wanted to look at. Porzingas only played 21 minutes, Noah played 20 minutes, so they got significantly less than what they would get during the regular season. And none of the Knicks starters played down the stretch in the 4th quarter. That's the thing about pre-season...nobody is game-planning against their opponent, because they are mostly interested in looking at their own players to give them a chance to run things they work on in practice.

The Nets will lose a lot of games because they have very little depth and will get killed when second unit is in. Heck, outside of Lin and Lopez, their starters aren't anything great either, tho Lin orchestrating will be a positive for the team. I'm not going to judge Atkinson for rotations and stuff until we get into the regular season.


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:53 am
User avatarPosts: 15804Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Knicks were playing a back to back. Hornecek coached rings around KA. Bench on the Nets rosters are NOT even young. SKil, Vasquez, Hamilton, especially Scola. The young guys except RHJ are getting sent to the D-league.

So again, I'm saying Kenny is bad at managing game flow and roster rotation.


It's preseason, but games are played vs other preseason rosters and other teams are not trying to win the games either but Nets are the WORST in preseason already.

And finally, KA let Jennings punk the Nets and Baker rough up Lin. Lin almost got seriously hurt when they bumped Knees. KA putting starters vs Knicks scrubs that were playing HARD. And Nets had fcking Vasquez openly saying he don't give a fck about preseason and wanting to HEROBALL and lost the game vs BOS.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:21 am
Posts: 4802Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
Knicks were playing a back to back. Hornecek coached rings around KA. Bench on the Nets rosters are NOT even young. SKil, Vasquez, Hamilton, especially Scola. The young guys except RHJ are getting sent to the D-league.

So again, I'm saying Kenny is bad at managing game flow and roster rotation.


It's preseason, but games are played vs other preseason rosters and other teams are not trying to win the games either but Nets are the WORST in preseason already.

And finally, KA let Jennings punk the Nets and Baker rough up Lin. Lin almost got seriously hurt when they bumped Knees. KA putting starters vs Knicks scrubs that were playing HARD. And Nets had fcking Vasquez openly saying he don't give a fck about preseason and wanting to HEROBALL and lost the game vs BOS.


Not sure what the age of the bench guys has anything to do with what I said.

And again, I'm saying that preseason games coaches don't really care about game flow, and roster rotation is only important to the extent that it allows the players to work on some things and let the coaches see things about the players and teamwork that they can't see during a scrimmage in practice.

And yes, every team plays each other with this mind-set in preseason, so the outcome doesn't mean much at all. Every team has different things they want to look at and try out. And as you said, things like back-to-backs and stuff will also impact how a coach approaches a game.

And yes, if Vasquez says he doesn't give a fck about preseason and wanted hero ball, I'm sure the coaches will remember that when they are deciding whether they can depend on Vazquez to play with effort for the team or not.


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:40 am
User avatarPosts: 15804Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Yeah, it's FCKING PRESEASON, everyone knows this, Damn it, Phil.

I'm talking about this game in context of it being the last game in the preseason. This game is the best sample for evaluating team performance before the season starts. As most teams are looking at the last game in PRESEASON as a dressed rehearsal. The macro level of adjustments should ALREADY have been figure out by now.

FCKING LAST GAME IN PRESEASON, Kenny looked lost as to how to run his team. He's actually making dumb assumptions that "OFFENSE WILL TAKE CARE OF ITSELF". Also, how much does he need to EVALUATE, Scola, Kilpatrick, Vansquez, Hamilton and Bennett? Playing them together for an entire quarter and getting REKT by Melo Knicks starters?

Dude, Nets got crushed with that sht lineup at the end of 3rd. Fcking call a timeout and do your fcking JOB. No coach should let his team get REKT like this. Especially an exhibition game. I mean 14 year old kids doesn't let it happen to them in video games. This is like a Chinese National Team level of coaching... WTF???

And finally, Kenny did eventually react too late, putting Lin and Lopez back in the game after 4 minutes have past in the 4th quarter. Lin bust his ***** to try and win the game for coach and almost gets his knee RIP on a knee to knee collision vs the rookie Baker. It was no joke the collision was front to side of Lin's knee. Luckily, Lin's right leg wasn't firmly planted.

Kenny did everything wrong in the 2nd half of the game. He lost AND he exposed his star players to injury during garbage time of garbage time.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:03 am
User avatarPosts: 2329Location: Brooklyn, NYJoined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:17 pm
Lin's minutes should go like this: first 8 minutes Q1 & 3, last 8 minutes Q2 & 4 , plus whatever extra is needed 4th Q. so ranges is about 32-36 minutes. Which I think is great.

Team still needs to work on team defense. stop falling for every ball fake, and pick up the switches better. Vazquez needs to run the 2nd unit better. let a 5 point lead in 3rd goto a -8 loss.

my favorite play of the night was lin's steal on melo. Melo got pissed at Lee that he wasn't warned on the blind side.

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:05 am
User avatarPosts: 15804Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Also, watching O'Quinn out rebound the Nets scrubs 1 vs 4 is sick. This happened for way too long without in game adjustment. Something that even a Rookie coach should have done.

I'm starting to question if KA is a lame dunk Byron Scott level of coach and gonna be replaced in 2 seasons. Because I'm already hearing that Lin is out in 2 seasons.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 2 of 5
41 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum