Author Message

<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Preseason Game #1 Thread -- 10/06/2016 -- Pistons @ Nets

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:00 pm
User avatarPosts: 2161Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:06 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KbGstiQUk8

All Lin highlights 21 pts first W.....


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 4893Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
natedogg22 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KbGstiQUk8

All Lin highlights 21 pts first W.....



Lin did good in his first preseason game with his new team. But I just hope God tells him to dunk those easy layups and not tell him to be so humble... he's got new fans he's gotta impress.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:21 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
yaominginfohere wrote:
natedogg22 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KbGstiQUk8

All Lin highlights 21 pts first W.....



Lin did good in his first preseason game with his new team. But I just hope God tells him to dunk those easy layups and not tell him to be so humble... he's got new fans he's gotta impress.



Well, NOT SURE WHAT you want !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jeremy just got 11 shot attempts,
and 8 of them were 3-pointers, and he made 2/3 of his 2-pointers, all penetrations into the paint, and 5 of 8 of his 3-pointers.

THAT WAS 7/11 FG%, 5/8 3-pointer%, PRETTY DAMN IMPRESSIVE ALREADY !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

That 1 vs 5 penetration into the paint was DAMN IMPRESSIVE ALREADY.... and there was this big defender coming in from the blind side, and therefore a dunk seemed INAPPROPRIATE.

Image

As for the only miss of his layup was this one,
which I believe was about his timing/speed and there was a Piston player chasing after him.

Image


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:33 am
Posts: 4802Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Good to get a win to start things off. Lin's 3pt shooting form looked great, so hopefully he's done with any adjustments that he's been working on over the last year. Would have liked to see more assists from him as the PG, but I'm sure that will come. Overall, the Nets looked ok for a 1st pre-season game, especially with all the new players, but they still have a long way to go as individuals and as a team. Looking forward to the next one.


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:47 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
PhilNYC wrote:
Good to get a win to start things off. Lin's 3pt shooting form looked great, so hopefully he's done with any adjustments that he's been working on over the last year. Would have liked to see more assists from him as the PG, but I'm sure that will come. Overall, the Nets looked ok for a 1st pre-season game, especially with all the new players, but they still have a long way to go as individuals and as a team. Looking forward to the next one.


Well, I'M SURE his assist # will go up.

As a matter of fact, he should have got quite a number of assists in this game, but either his team mates wasted his passes, or they got fouled before they could convert Jeremy's passes into baskets/points.

The MOST GRATIFYING thing to see is for at least the past 3 ~ 4 seasons, Jeremy FINALLY got back his starting position as the point guard, the FLOOR GENERAL of the team, and has FULL CONTROL of the ball that he can now use his skills, basketball IQ, creativity, court vision to create his own shots or make his team mates better. Those were SEVERELY LACKING during his years with Houston Rockets, LA Lakers, and even at Charlotte Hornets.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:29 am
User avatarPosts: 2329Location: Brooklyn, NYJoined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:17 pm
pistons left jeremy open alot. ish smith was just about 1 step too far to cover effectively.

atkinson was quoted saying he would like to get lin's assists up, but saying it was a carry over from his role in previous teams. But he was wanted lin to shoot if he was open ..


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:41 am
Posts: 4802Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
TheSmoket wrote:
pistons left jeremy open alot. ish smith was just about 1 step too far to cover effectively.

atkinson was quoted saying he would like to get lin's assists up, but saying it was a carry over from his role in previous teams. But he was wanted lin to shoot if he was open ..


I dunno if I'd say they "left him open a lot"...but rather that the Nets actually moved the ball pretty well which gave players (not just Lin) a lot of open looks because of how the Pistons' defense had to rotate. Good to see the team playing together, even if it was a little rusty sometimes.


Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:56 am
User avatarPosts: 2161Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:06 pm
This pre-season opener is a huge departure from the McKale's fiasco back in the Philippines. Lin is his best when is in control and playing relaxed and loose. This is how it should be all season long barring injuries.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:57 am
User avatarPosts: 15804Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Funny to read the haters saying that Lin always be superstar in preseason.

And conveniently leave out the difference was McHale and Scott would bench Lin arbitrarily, regardless of performance.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:46 am
Posts: 4579Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:12 am
pryuen wrote:

Image[/color][/size]



lol CNBC just showed this clip 4x and basically said Lin sucks

why was he on CNBC?

I'm seriously just posting this so mal can be mad about it


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 2 of 3
30 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron