<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Lin circumspectly buying in on BLM and anthem protest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:25 pm
just as you thought he would (as an Asian millennial) ....

http://nypost.com/2016/09/26/when-thoug ... statement/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 2329Location: Brooklyn, NYJoined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:17 pm
He's being smart about it at least.

It's what BLM should be doing. instead of rioting looting, shooting cops, getting theirs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 374Location: New YorkJoined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:12 am
Without a doubt JLin is as brainwashed as most Asian Americans who grew up in the states, although his recent sticking up for our people has given me at least some hope.

In this case, I think it's a combination of Asians4blacklives and saying the right thing in a league where 75% of its players are black...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 4893Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
Yaofan15 wrote:
Without a doubt JLin is as brainwashed as most Asian Americans who grew up in the states, although his recent sticking up for our people has given me at least some hope.

In this case, I think it's a combination of Asians4blacklives and saying the right thing in a league where 75% of its players are black...

yeah man, the black players in the league are already hating Lin... don't want to provoke them anymore.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:07 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Yaofan15 wrote:

Well, I won't go THAT FAR to say Jeremy had been brainwashed. What he said and done so far on this subject matter were just being POLITICALLY CORRECT as well as CONSISTENT with his RELIGION !!! I believe to him NOT ONLY Black Lives Matter but ALL Lives Matter. On his Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/Weibo, he often sent out words of condolence/sympathy to fans in China, Taiwan, and ROTW in cases of droughts, floods, earthquakes, natural disasters or major tragic happenings.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:19 am
User avatarPosts: 15804Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Lin is more mature and experienced with the media. Public image really matters in the NBA, we're talking hundreds of millions of dollars worth of contracts at the most elite level. These next 3 years are Lin's PEAK years, he is at his prime.

Don't be like Lance Stephenson.

Offline Profile