<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Nets Training Camp Thread

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 15804Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
PhilNYC wrote:
I've been spending some time reading the articles and comments on NetsDaily.com. It appears that a lot of Nets fans have done their research on Lin and know his game pretty well. Doesn't seem like they are falling for the "bad defense, can't go left" memes that are out there and really do appreciate the things that he brings to the table.

Very happy for him...

But you said you hate Brooklyn Nets.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:27 pm
Posts: 4802Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:
I've been spending some time reading the articles and comments on NetsDaily.com. It appears that a lot of Nets fans have done their research on Lin and know his game pretty well. Doesn't seem like they are falling for the "bad defense, can't go left" memes that are out there and really do appreciate the things that he brings to the table.

Very happy for him...

But you said you hate Brooklyn Nets.

Yes, that's right. What does that have to do with Nets fans on NetsDaily.com being well-informed about Lin?

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:42 pm
Fwiw, I hated the Knicks (still do)...but loved Linsanity.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:51 pm
Well, they do say there is a fine line between love and hate.

As for fans, I wouldn't rate Nets daily any better than average. However, if you're used to sht like cluckfaps HOU, then yeah, Nets dey b smart.

I actually liked the Charlotte fans. They never seem to get too excited or too down... and for the most part, was happy to have their team be relevant again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:07 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
Well, they do say there is a fine line between love and hate.

As for fans, I wouldn't rate Nets daily any better than average. However, if you're used to sht like cluckfaps HOU, then yeah, Nets dey b smart.

I actually liked the Charlotte fans. They never seem to get too excited or too down... and for the most part, was happy to have their team be relevant again.

I liked the Charlotte fans, too. But I do think that many of them took some time to really appreciate Lin...not because they were biased against him, but because they simply didn't do much research into Lin after they signed him. Part of it has to do with the fact that Charlotte doesn't have many die-hard fans.

Lakers have a good amount of knowledgeable fans, but too impatient. They also have, like any big market team, their share of idiots. Houston fans are, as you say, sht.

With the Nets fans on NetsDaily, I see a lot of fans quick to note how good Lin's defense was last year, cite info about his driving efficiency, and all the other stuff that we on this board know but casual fans wouldn't know.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:35 pm
To quote Melon, "Lin is the Nets franchise player, believe it or not."

Nets Daily actually did their job in promoting Jeremy Lin. So, it's no surprise that their readers know a few Lin stats.

I've been on ND since 2008 with the Yi trade. The only consistent carry over from that era is reader turnover. Net Income would ban people for language, meme names like PenIsland, waking up the wrong side of the bed. There was also a mass banning where Nets fans were fed up with Coach Avery... people were posting "FCK AVERY, BAN ME". There were bans for PJ and Yi, Deron Willams... the tradition goes on.

So, what you're seeing at ND is a fresh batch of posters, geeked up to watch Jeremy Lin lead the team to 32 wins.

Yeah, that's not bad.

Offline Profile