<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Dedicated Thread of Jeremy Lin's 2016 China/Taiwan Tour

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:49 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

So it's about time to create this thread to cover events of Jeremy's upcoming China/Taiwan Trip.

As he will probably be a free agent once again this summer his China/Taiwan Tour had been moved up to early part of June, so as to leave him sufficient time for negotiation/contract signing by July 7.

Unlike last year he will visit Taiwan first (June 10 ~ June 17), and then China (June 17 ~ 27) before flying back to USA.

This trip is again sponsored by his endorsers: Adidas and Tag Heuer, and on June 26 in Beijing, Jeremy will pick up another new commercial endorsement from BoxFish !!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:59 am
Posts: 4802Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
When are teams actually allowed to start contacting players? I'm assuming they can start that right after the Finals are over, right? Or is it just during that moratorium period from July 1-6?

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:42 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
PhilNYC wrote:
When are teams actually allowed to start contacting players? I'm assuming they can start that right after the Finals are over, right? Or is it just during that moratorium period from July 1-6?

NOT TOO SURE about whether it is LEGITIMATE to contact free agent players (and their agents) before the moratorium period begins.

But it seemed like BEFORE July 1, NONE
of the coaches or General Managers are allowed to mention PUBLICLY AND SPECIFICALLY their interests about free agent players, or begin contract negotiation with players (and agents??) OR ELSE they will be heavily penalized/fined, and offers/contract signing have to be concluded within 5 days, i.e. before July 6, I think (The moratorium period used to be 10 days I remembered, but shortened to half, i.e. 5 days in the latest NBA rules).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:56 pm
Posts: 4802Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
The point of the moratorium is to give teams time to figure out the specifics of their cap situation after the cap for the next year is announced by the league. Without knowing the cap number (which I believe is announced on July 1), it wouldn't make any sense for a team to make an offer...and similarly, players like JLin who have player options use that date as when they decide on what to do with their option.

Seems like it would make sense for teams to be able to at least start reaching out to agents/players at the end of the playoffs to start expressing interest at least.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 4893Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
What is BoxFish? some sort of chinese education app?

I think Lin would do well endorsing Kumon. So many Asian parents already got their kids into Kumon. Lin would be able to get every other parent to sign up for Kumon too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:20 am

Jeremy had arrived Taiwan at the Taoyuan International Airport early this morning !!!

His fans there were as CRAZY as EVER !!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:37 am
User avatarPosts: 2329Location: Brooklyn, NYJoined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:17 pm
addidas tour game

Team Jeremy vs lil Bro Team Joseph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWZHZhsObEk&sns=tw

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:53 pm
TheSmoket wrote:
addidas tour game

watched 2-3 min of game action and had to stop. I'd be the 2nd best player on that court for sure. 3rd at worst.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 4893Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
TheSmoket wrote:
addidas tour game

A couple of thoughts and questions.

THOUGHTS

-If Lin gets hurt in any of these activities and demonstrations he will lose 10+ Million dollars.

-Lin's Mandarin has really improved since Linsanity.

QUESTIONS

-Why are they playing black people rap music in Taiwan? Doesn't Jay Chou has some basketball songs they could play?

-Any of these players have a chance at NBA?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:42 am

Photos of Jeremy in that friendly vs Babylin Team yesterday.

Offline Profile