<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Apparently Jeremy Lin is enjoying some downtime in Iceland

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:28 pm
Ran into a fan getting ice cream and went over to the kid's house for a little one-on-one.

https://www.facebook.com/1252578602/vid ... 700440341/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:44 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

YEAH..... Jeremy and his family except without his big brother Joshua and sister in law (Patricia), who are expecting their first born child soon, were in Iceland for almost 1 week now, visiting all Iceland's big cities (Reykjavik, Vik, Akureyri etc.) since May 17.

Here are some AWESOME photos and GIFs of Jeremy in Iceland.

Bumping into a fan at the airport in Reykjavik.

Scenic pictures in Reykjavik and Vik

Doing the Running Man Challenge with Babylin Joseph

One-on-One with fan in Akureyri

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 6:47 pm
User avatarPosts: 4893Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
Lin committing that dribbling turnover against that Icelandic kid is totally unacceptable. Hopefully, no NBA team GM watches this video.

robWu wrote:
Ran into a fan getting ice cream and went over to the kid's house for a little one-on-one.

https://www.facebook.com/1252578602/vid ... 700440341/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:56 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
yaominginfohere wrote:
Lin committing that dribbling turnover against that Icelandic kid is totally unacceptable. Hopefully, no NBA team GM watches this video.

YEAH THAT HAD TO BE CAREER-ENDING for Jeremy to have committed that dribbling turnover, fell behind 1 ~ 4 in that 1-on-1, got scored 5 times by that Icelander, and just won the 1-on-1 by 7 ~ 5 !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

That 14-year-old Icelander Julius Agustsson ain't just orindary groupie or fan. He is Iceland's U15 national team player !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

He is considered one of the best basketballers of his age group in his city (and country); he was Final MVP in February in a national U15 tournament, leading his team to win; the lad scored 25 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals in that Final. He was a member of the Iceland U15 natioal team, and will represent his country to play in 2016 Copenhagen Invitational in June.

Julius Agustsson said even though he had gone with his father, a basketball coach too to Boston to watch his favorite NBA team Boston Celtics in a NBA game, he never thought it possible that he would have bumped into a NBA player in that small city of his, and had a 1-on-1 with him.

He said he sets his sight high, wants to go to the States for his university, and follow the footsteps of Jeremy to become a NBA player one day.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:10 am
Posts: 4802Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
Yeah, that looked like a pretty serious one-on-on game... :roll:

Am headed to Iceland in June. Will see if I can find the kid and ask him about Jeremy's jump shot...

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:25 am
Wow, I didn't realize that Icelander kid was on a national team. His U15 credentials is similar to Zhou Qi. He probably learned a few things from Jeremy Lin in their 1-on-1. He'll need to credit Lin if he ever gets to the NBA.

Good knowledge pruyen.

It's already late May and there was still snow in the mountains. I just wonder why anyone would vacation in Iceland?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:43 am
Posts: 4802Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
yaominginfohere wrote:
Wow, I didn't realize that Icelander kid was on a national team. His U15 credentials is similar to Zhou Qi. He probably learned a few things from Jeremy Lin in their 1-on-1. He'll need to credit Lin if he ever gets to the NBA.

Good knowledge pruyen.

It's already late May and there was still snow in the mountains. I just wonder why anyone would vacation in Iceland?

Iceland population is around 300K, so they probably had a tough time finding enough kids to field a U15 National Team...

I am going to Iceland for vacation in part because I'll be in England and my flight back has a layover in Iceland...figured why not spend some time to check it out? It's supposedly very beautiful....

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:48 am
it is funny that Lin looks more excited than the kid in these pictures

it's like lin is the fan and the kid is the celebrity

lol he's a nice kid. with his goofy grin and ice cream. happy to be in iceland and experience god's creation etc

reminds me of Lin in his suit. good guy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:22 pm
Ok, it looks like Lin won't be able to hide his shame from committing that turnover on the Icelandic kid because the video is now posted on ESPN, http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/cha/

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 15804Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
ESPN should worry about their own sht, no one willing to pay money for that channel if it wasn't a part of "basic cable".

But yeah, ESPN is the meme sports channel now. Simmons was get huge money being a memelord and then he angers NFL and gets REKT.

Lesson to all the fake journalists to know where the checks comes from.

Offline Profile