<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Jeremy Lin's new team for 2016-2017 is...

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 4893Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
Jeremy Lin could make a return to New York.

Quote:
"Jeremy Lin has not given any details yet about the team where he is heading but based on a report, Lin fueled the rumors about him leaving the Charlotte Hornets when he praised Brooklyn Nets new head coach Kenny Atkinson in an interview with the New York Post. Some says that this could be a sign that Lin will be playing for the Nets next season.

“When I wasn’t playing much, we were working out before practice, and after practice, he was picking apart my game, teaching me what it’s like to play in Coach D’Antoni’s system,” Lin said.

Atkinson was credited for the emergence of ‘Linsanity’ where Lin started from being a back up player to becoming one of the starters for the New York Knicks in 2012. He was considered one of the person behind Lin’s success in his basketball career."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:38 pm
It'll come down to role and his comfort level with Atkinson vs Clifford.

If Atkinson says hey come join me, you'll play start, he's gone.

If it's a bench role for both teams I say a toss up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Jeremy had indicated that he will opt out of his contract with the Hornets this summer, but he would be very much interested to sign a longer contract (with better terms) to return to Charlotte playing for Steve Clifford and his team mates.

Quote:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports ... 13027.html

MAY 2, 2016

Guard Jeremy Lin says he would ‘love’ to
return to Charlotte Hornets next season

BY RICK BONNELL
rbonnell@charlotteobserver

Charlotte Hornets guard Jeremy Lin, who can opt out of next season on his contract, says he’d very much like to re-sign with the franchise this summer.

"I would love to," Lin said Monday. "I don’t like moving every year, I don’t like packing and unpacking boxes. So we’ll see. But I’m definitely interested in coming back."

Lin played for the New York Knicks, Houston Rockets and Los Angeles Lakers before signing with the Hornets in July. He played both point guard and shooting guard for the Hornets and found this season the most enjoyable of his career.

"This is the most fun I’ve had in my six years" in the NBA, Lin said. "Being around a great group of guys and a coaching staff that really cares. I’ve learned so much about the game of basketball, particularly at the defensive end."

Lin indicated he plans to opt out of his contract, which would pay him about $2.2 million next season. Ideally he’d sign a longer-term deal with the Hornets, and Lin said money won’t be the overarching factor in where he signs.

"My biggest thing is I want to have fun and be happy,” he said. “I’ve been paid on the lower end and had a blast, and I’ve been paid on the higher end and not enjoyed it at all.

"Honestly, money has never been the most important thing. Money is important because it shows how a team values you. But beyond that I don’t care all that much about money. Me coming here (for slightly more than $2 million a season) showed that."

Lin said the chemistry the Hornets developed this season was special and rarer than fans might realize.

"I definitely want to play with these guys and this coach," Lin said, referring to Steve Clifford. "When you bounce around a lot the way I have, seeing a lot of organizations, there’s a lot about this one that I can appreciate in terms of my experience, that maybe I didn’t have in other situations.

"From the (preseason) China trip we knew this team really got along. I kind of expected there’d be bumps and bruises along the way as far as guys getting along with each other, but really there wasn’t. I’ve never seen a group of guys at the professional level (where) all the guys 1 through 15 got along together. It wasn’t uncommon for all 15 of us to do something together.

"That’s really, really rare."

Lin said he also appreciates Clifford’s candor and honesty.

"He’s not one to sugar-coat or lie to you, which is why a lot of guys love playing for him," Lin said.

"What he told me from the beginning is pretty much how it went. I felt like for me, some of the adjustment was playing in such different roles. But that wasn’t because of false expectations, it was just about guys getting hurt."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:32 am
Posts: 4802Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
yaominginfohere wrote:
Jeremy Lin could make a return to New York.

Quote:
"Jeremy Lin has not given any details yet about the team where he is heading but based on a report, Lin fueled the rumors about him leaving the Charlotte Hornets when he praised Brooklyn Nets new head coach Kenny Atkinson in an interview with the New York Post. Some says that this could be a sign that Lin will be playing for the Nets next season.

“When I wasn’t playing much, we were working out before practice, and after practice, he was picking apart my game, teaching me what it’s like to play in Coach D’Antoni’s system,” Lin said.

Atkinson was credited for the emergence of ‘Linsanity’ where Lin started from being a back up player to becoming one of the starters for the New York Knicks in 2012. He was considered one of the person behind Lin’s success in his basketball career."

Reading the recent NY Post article, it appears that the quote from Lin was actually a quote from when Lin was on the Knicks (so they are not recent comments):

http://nypost.com/2016/04/17/jeremy-lin ... new-coach/

During the height of Linsanity, then-Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin was effusive in his praise of Atkinson.

“I mean this guy wakes up at 6 a.m. every morning,” Lin said. “I’ll text after a game at midnight, one o’clock when I go home, and I’ll say, ‘Hey, can I look at those turnovers? Can I look at the upcoming team? How they run pick-and-rolls?’ And he’ll have the film ready when I walk into the facility the next morning.

“When I wasn’t playing much, we were working out before practice, and after practice, he was picking apart my game, teaching me what it’s like to play in Coach D’Antoni’s system.”

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 2237Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:42 am
Again, we will never guess which team Lin will go to. My wild guess is he will go to DC and suck up to John Wall.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:01 pm
User avatarPosts: 2161Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:06 pm
Just incase no NBA team wants him, Jeremy will always have a starting spot waiting for him in the Taiwanese Super League.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:31 am
User avatarPosts: 15804Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Why wouldn't NBA teams want Lin? Oh... you're just shtposting again.

As for Lin, he has to opt out of his 1 year deal. Even Barkley told Dwight Howard that any player with value would not hold on to a 1 year option.

Not sure where he would end up though. He would be fine as long as it's not that underwater shttown HOU.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:17 pm
User avatarPosts: 4893Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
victorhe wrote:
Again, we will never guess which team Lin will go to. My wild guess is he will go to DC and suck up to John Wall.

If history is any indication, you are probably right. Lin has never gone to the team that he's rumored to go to.

So far, Lin is rumored to go to the Nets and Hornets -- so we can now eliminate those two teams.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
Lol....what team/coach would be the perfect situation for Jeremy? It was supposed to be the lakers til he got there. :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 15804Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Netsdaily is saying Lin is worth 10 to 12 mil per year in FA, 3/32 deal?

http://www.netsdaily.com/2016/5/9/11639 ... dy-started

Hornets giving Batum the max, not much leftover for Lin unless they trade Lamb first. They also have to consider resigning Marv Williams. Al Jefferson is most likely gone... but you never know.

I can see Hornets signing Seth Curry... not Lin.

Coach Clifford kind of raised the white flag after Batum getting hurt in the first round. Lin's role in game 6 and 7 were diminished. I don't think they actually want Lin to drag Hornets into the 2nd round only to lose. Similarly, the Heat gave up vs Raptors after the injury to Whiteside.

Clifford is pragmatic, he gave Lin opportunities, but Lin isn't his go to horse. Jordan literally has his own brand, it's against his own interest to promote Lin too much.

In hindsight, Lakers didn't give 2 flying shts about winning. So, no point looking into that wasted year with Lakers.

as for underwater city of HOUlantis, I can see Morey getting his ***** fired. Dwight is gone, they're not getting Whiteside. It's basically FIRESALE over there. Morey is going to Savehisownass.

Offline Profile