<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Game Thread #42 -- 01/20/2016 - CHA Hornets @ OKC Thunder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:22 am
User avatarPosts: 2329Location: Brooklyn, NYJoined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:17 pm
Hornets look for their first road win of 2016, but it will be tough against the OKC Thunder,
8PM ET @ Chesapeake Energy Arena

Hornets look to improve on their 4-14 road record with an upset. but the Thunder has been playing some good ball. Can the hornets do it, after an inspired performance by walker with 52 points monday. Will they be able to build on the win?

Probable Starters

Hornets
PG -- Kemba Walker
SG -- Nicolas Batum
SF -- PJ Hairston
PF -- Marvin Williams
C -- Cody Zeller

Thunder
PG -- Russel Westbrook
SG -- Andre Roberson
SF -- Kevin Durant
PF -- Serge Ibaka
C -- Steve Adams

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:28 pm
Almost a guaranteed loss.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 4764Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
directshoot wrote:
Almost a guaranteed loss.

You're so pessimistic. but yeah, i would bet on OKC.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 15641Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
couchducknephew is a master of the obvious. I almost guarantee this. LOL!

I bet you that if OKC didn't win, they would have 100% lost

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:01 pm
User avatarPosts: 2329Location: Brooklyn, NYJoined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:17 pm
Lin finished
27:56
16 Points on 6-11 shooting, 0-1 3 pointers, 4-4 from the line
-8 +/-
1 Rebound
2 Assists
4 Fouls
2 Turnovers

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:14 pm
So, am I like the only Lin fan who has noticed this? Lin rarely gets any foul calls in his favor from BLACK refs. This game against the Thunder is another good example of it. The calls Lin got were from the white female ref and the bald white ref. The black ref, didn't make any calls for Lin even though in some cases he was supposed to be the one to make the call since he is in the part of the court to make those calls.

I've been tracking this over the past 10 games, and in the past 10 games, Lin has gotten NO calls from any of the BLACK refs. In many games where there are TWO black refs, Lin is screwed.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:58 pm
Posts: 4646Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
yaominginfohere wrote:
So, am I like the only Lin fan who has noticed this? Lin rarely gets any foul calls in his favor from BLACK refs. This game against the Thunder is another good example of it. The calls Lin got were from the white female ref and the bald white ref. The black ref, didn't make any calls for Lin even though in some cases he was supposed to be the one to make the call since he is in the part of the court to make those calls.

I've been tracking this over the past 10 games, and in the past 10 games, Lin has gotten NO calls from any of the BLACK refs. In many games where there are TWO black refs, Lin is screwed.

Of course. Has been happening for years.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:56 pm
PhilNYC wrote:
yaominginfohere wrote:

Should someone report this to CNN or ESPN or Barack Obama? because if white refs aren't calling fouls for black players, we'd have riots all over Oakland, St Louis, Detroit, Philadelphia, etc.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:56 am
Posts: 4646Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
yaominginfohere wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:
yaominginfohere wrote:

Should someone report this to CNN or ESPN or Barack Obama? because if white refs aren't calling fouls for black players, we'd have riots all over Oakland, St Louis, Detroit, Philadelphia, etc.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/02/sport ... .html?_r=0

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:38 am
PhilNYC wrote:

Thanks PhillNYC, I see someone has noticed the bias in NBA officiating. Although that article was posted in 2007 -- way before Lin entered the league. And that was mostly a white-black racial issue. Now today, it's an anti-asian issue.

Offline Profile