<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Game Thread #35 -- 01/06/2016 - CHA Hornets @ PHX Suns

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:46 am
Posts: 4646Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
What I did like about this game was that JLin was looking to get into the paint more than he has in the past few weeks. Unfortunately, this is part of what led to his increase in turnovers. And no question the turnovers were why Clifford took him out in the final minutes.

The team overall is not playing the same way as it did early in the season. Total assist numbers are definitely down.

Also, officiating seemed pretty lopsided recently against the Hornets. Not why they lost yesterday, but it's definitely been a factor recently...

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:02 pm
User avatarPosts: 4764Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
This highlight clip of Lin from the Suns game shows that some of the turnovers should have been fouls in Lin favor,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3_hKKTr9bw

If you watch it, you'll see the refs in position to call those fouls are the black refs. Black refs rarely call fouls in Lin favor. They favor the black players. Am i the only one who has noticed this? It's been going on for years.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:05 pm
pryuen wrote:

Despite feeling a bit down about his inability to take care of the ball and poor defense of the team, Jeremy nevertheless stayed behind to share his faith and took a group photo with his Phoenix fans after the game.

I saw those 4 ladies holding the "LIN" signs at the Golden State Warrior game as well. It seems they may be on a tour of Lin games.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:20 pm
Posts: 4646Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
yaominginfohere wrote:
This highlight clip of Lin from the Suns game shows that some of the turnovers should have been fouls in Lin favor,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3_hKKTr9bw

If you watch it, you'll see the refs in position to call those fouls are the black refs. Black refs rarely call fouls in Lin favor. They favor the black players. Am i the only one who has noticed this? It's been going on for years.

The non-called charge that Jeremy should have drawn at 5:15 in this video blew me a way...

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:39 pm
PhilNYC wrote:
The non-called charge that Jeremy should have drawn at 5:15 in this video blew me a way...

The way the refs treat Lin, we should be lucky the refs didn't call a blocking foul.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:38 pm
User avatarPosts: 2329Location: Brooklyn, NYJoined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:17 pm
the ladies are part of a lin fan group in Taiwan I think,
who had spent a 3 week vaca following the hornets. phx was their last game of the trip before heading back if i remember correctly..

they are pretty active on twitter.

Offline Profile