Yao Ming Mania!
http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/

Houston Rockets Big 4 on 2013~14 Media Day
http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16468
Page 9 of 11

Author:  tharock220 [ Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

Malorkayel wrote:
I wanted him to narrow down his talking points. Not throwing out names and sets.

He mentioned MJ, Kobe, Nash, Payton, Shaq, triangle offense. Those are good yes?

And then concluded that Harden = PG.

That's how I saw it.


I was responding to Pry. I said Harden is better at doing what Jeremy does well than Jeremy which is why he has the ball. I brought up the players you mentioned when you guys decided iso-ball at the end of games was a bad idea, and then you told me post plays aren't isos.

I don't know what turd chin is saying in this thread. I haven't read more than a sentence or two of her last several posts directed at me.

Author:  temuchin [ Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

lol nice summary. no mention of going to 2 different threads to talk "overlapping skillsets" how Payton and Kobe are similar players, triangle offense being created to provide 2 inlets to the post, your high school schematics of a read and react offense, Jordan in the 90s, how post plays for Shaq are "isos", how the best player has to dominate the ball and your stating that different positions don't matter, except when they matter

moranus poster. /end

Author:  temuchin [ Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dr. No wrote:
temuchin wrote:
the problem on Harden's end is that he doesn't trust his teammates reads. he thinks he's still a 6th man whose responsibility it is to score the ball without consideration of his teammates.
there you go again,
    pretending to be able to read people's mind :roll:
:oops: :oops: :oops:


and this Moranus.

the entire premise of a read and react offense is that Harden makes a decision based on how his teammates move and make cuts whether to pass the ball or take the shot himself.

if he's keeping the ball every time it means he doesn't trust the reads and reactions that his teammates made. in other words he thinks the ball in his hand is a superior option than passing the ball. ergo he doesn't trust his teammates he only trusts his own shot.

not a difficult concept you 2 moranuses simmer the ****** down.

Author:  PhilNYC [ Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dr. No wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:
Playing to draw the foul isn't something he sets out to do (I believe Harden does)...
if JLin possess elite 1 on 1 skills, doesn't have to be as good as Harden's, he too would go "hero" hall; but, the Harvard grad is smart enough to know his limitation

those w elite 1 on 1 skills would go hero ball, those less blessed would not


I don't believe Harden has "elite 1 on 1 skills", and this was painfully obvious in the playoffs where the officiating allows for more contact and Harden ended up with a huge number of turnovers. I do believe that Harden has unique 1 on 1 skills...basically in the form of a very wide frame, , very strong and physical, excellent burst and a long stride, which forces defenders into contact. But he is limited with his right hand (similar to Jeremy being limited with his left hand) and generally doesn't have elite ball handling.

Author:  PhilNYC [ Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

tharock220 wrote:
Malorkayel wrote:
I wanted him to narrow down his talking points. Not throwing out names and sets.

He mentioned MJ, Kobe, Nash, Payton, Shaq, triangle offense. Those are good yes?

And then concluded that Harden = PG.

That's how I saw it.


I was responding to Pry. I said Harden is better at doing what Jeremy does well than Jeremy which is why he has the ball. I brought up the players you mentioned when you guys decided iso-ball at the end of games was a bad idea, and then you told me post plays aren't isos.

I don't know what turd chin is saying in this thread. I haven't read more than a sentence or two of her last several posts directed at me.


Harden is in fact better at a lot of things than Jeremy is...but those things are mostly about scoring the ball, not playmaking. Jeremy is a better playmaker overall. It's why, when Jeremy runs the point, everybody seems to get involved...whereas when Harden runs the point, Harden becomes a league top-5 scorer. That said, I think the Rockets are better suited at crunchtime to let the playmaker get his teammates get involved more than letting the not-quite-Elite-level-ISO guy play Heroball...

Author:  nig1 [ Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

we can all agree Lin is an all-star in the off-season, shoots 80% from 3pt land and dominates everyone in practice. Retardurkel and basketball expert already cast in their votes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  Malorkayel [ Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

story time with niqq. 2 sentences, 1 about Lin. lol

why not more smileys?

Author:  tharock220 [ Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

PhilNYC wrote:
letting the not-quite-Elite-level-ISO guy play Heroball...


That's the best argument against Harden. The fact that he isn't Kobe rather than Lin should be the one with the ball. The offense doesn't run better with Lin.

Author:  temuchin [ Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

The best argument against Harden is some retard straw man argument no one is saying?

There's no argument "against Harden" you ****** moranus. He just needed to quit dominating the ball and jacking up shots. This is something that even McHale recognizes now that he has a semblance of a clue what else he can run other than Isobeard-and-pray

It's called a ****** game plan empowering Harden to try to do more than he can do.

Author:  pryuen [ Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

temuchin wrote:
The best argument against Harden is some retard straw man argument no one is saying?

There's no argument "against Harden" you ****** moranus. He just needed to quit dominating the ball and jacking up shots. This is something that even McHale recognizes now that he has a semblance of a clue what else he can run other than Isobeard-and-pray

It's called a ****** game plan empowering Harden to try to do more than he can do.


Well, the RISK is that McFAIL is CLUELESS !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

It seems he could not solve the ball handling/possession issue between Jeremy and James Harden, and tends to opt Patrick Beverley over Jeremy as the starting point guard. :shock: :twisted: :x :evil:

In Manila, so far in all the 5vs5 internal scrimmage, he is relegating Jeremy to play together with the bench players, and teamed the starters with Patrick Beverley.

PROBABLY because he knew that all Patrick Beverley did well is to just bring the ball up the court, and then just pass the ball to James Harden for him to initiate offense. And when Patrick Beverley plays from the bench, he is NOT AS GOOD AS Jeremy to organize offense and very often Houston Rockets' offense becomes stagnant, lose their momentum, and lose their lead.

Maybe McFAIL feels that by playing Jeremy from the bench will help to provide the energy, spark, and offense for the 2nd team.

Page 9 of 11 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/