<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Jeremy Lin in LA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:11 pm
Posts: 314Location: CaliforniaJoined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:20 pm
It seems that Lin, along with some other Rockets, are currently (or maybe already left?) training at UCLA. Anyone have any more info on their training schedule? (Pryuen maybe?) I might drop by the gym to see if I can see them if I have a better idea of their schedule.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:29 pm
they're at UCLA beyond that maybe Lakersground or clutchfans would have more detailed info

if you really wanted to know you could contact the Chinese club at UCLA and I'm sure they know someone who knows someone. for sure some Chinese kids are hanging around

tell them you're going to take pictures for Yao's site or other nonsense, Chinese kid will take anything that sounds official very seriously

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
temuchin wrote:
they're at UCLA beyond that maybe Lakersground or clutchfans would have more detailed info

Well, there is LITTLE IF NONE INFO at that particular thread about this mini-camp on clutchfans site (EXCEPT all kind of ********** about trading of Jeremy and Omer Asik), which is supposedly to be held in privacy, and to be kept with MINIUMUM publicity to avoid Houston Rockets being pealized, as it is against NBA policies/rules that teams held such voluntary workouts in the off-seasons.

As far as I gathered, the original idea was initiated by Dwight Howard and Chandler Parsons right after the signing of Dwight Howard. They thought some informal gathering/training of the few core players will provide the players an opportunity to get to know each other's game earlier, as well as building rapport and chemistry.

Chandler Parsons was the co-ordinator, and
initially just 4 players (Howard, Parsons, Harden and JLin) were supposed to join, and the mini-camp was originally planned to be held in Florida, Chandler Parsons' home state.

But since Jeremy Lin had already started his own training in Los Angeles (in USC, Stanford, and UCLA) for over a month since mid June already and James Harden had also been playing in the Drew League in Los Angeles, after some initial touch-bases, Chandler Parsons decided to move the venue of the mini-camp from Florida to Los Angeles.

And the scale of the mini-camp had expanded to include almost every other Rockets, except the 3 newbies just recently signed: Robert Covington, BJ Young, Jordan Henriquez.

As of latest the following Rockets are/will be there in the mini-camp:

• Dwight Howard
  • Chandler Parsons
  • James Harden
  • Jeremy Lin
  • Greg Smith
  • Patrick Beverley
  • Isaiah Canaan
  • Terrence Jones
  • Omri Casspi
  • Reggie Williams
For personal reasons, Donatas Motiejūnas (not in USA currently), Omer Asik (in Chicago working-out on his own), Francisco Garcia are not joining the mini-camp.

They had started working out in Wooden Centre of UCLA from yesterday (July 17) already.

So, koensayr, just go there and take some photos of them and post them here !!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:51 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
An article by Jason Friedman on Rockets.com about Day 1 of the team-building mini-camp at UCLA.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/chemistry-lesson

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:06 am
thanks for the info Pryuen. I was hoping for more of a specific time of the day they might train. I do work on campus, so it's a short walk for me, and they are probably at 1 of the 2 gyms (one of them usually has NBA players playing there in the summer).

Guess I'll just have to borrow someone's camera and go take a stroll and see how my luck is.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:49 pm
User avatarPosts: 1682Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:25 pm
I think they might be there in the mornings. Access to the gyms that they're playing in might be blocked off by security, but you might be able to see them in the weight rooms.

If you looked at these tweets and the other pics, you will notice the times they are posted. I would try between 9am-1pm and get there early before the crowd hits.

[quote]Andrew Tran ‏@trandreww 16 Jul
Just finished my work out with Jeremy Lin @ UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles) http://instagram.com/p/b1fy8YFwZH/

10:54 AM - 16 Jul 13 from Los Angeles, CA

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:41 pm
I dropped by both places today around 11am. I think they probably had just finished. I might go back again tomorrow a bit earlier.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:03 pm
Looks like I missed JLin. Seems his last day at UCLA was a day before I went to check out the gym.

Offline Profile