<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Steve Nash Foundation Charity Game: LA Showdown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:13 pm
Posts: 4509Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
He was one of my favorites too...had he not been injured and decided to play football seriously, I think he would have been the greatest RB ever. And I don't believe he was a juicer...he didn't seem to care enough about being the best to do it. He just was the best...

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Yeah there's no tangible evidence he used steroids just the type of his injury and the fact that he was just inhuman. You could be right there's no way to fault anyone who believes he was straight.

Back then people still watched the news and sports would come on and he'd be doing amazing stuff like RUNNING ALONG A WALL TO MAKE A ROUTINE PLAY it was so awesome. Or you'd go to school and someone would tell you he heard about something Bo Jackson did and then you'd go home and wait for the news to watch it. I can't even think of kids today who can look forward to seeing something that amazing, maybe Usain Bolt run in the Olympics or Yuna Kim or something

Jackson is up there with Barry Sanders and a couple other ppl who you could anticipate something just amazing and they'******* something even better like it was routine. You talked about Messi in the other thread and you can see him doing ****** that you didn't even know was possible and probably isn't except for him. It's not run and dunk and yay you were 6 inches higher than someone and you dunked, it's a way they saw spaces and could see gaps and lines of acceleration and things in a way that normal humans cannot and they have the body control to execute on it.

The thing about Bo Jackson is that this dude was country strong. He wasn't like Lebron built in some AAU bubble and living his life trying to prove he is worthy. Bo Jackson could pick up a rock and probably kill you with it. A lot of his attitude reminds me of all those stories about Jim Thorpe, who was considered the best athlete of all time before we knew about black athletes and would just walk into the gym or the field without even practicing or caring and pick up a ball and be better than everyone at everything they had spent their entire careers trying to be good at.

One cool thing about Bo is that he was asked once to describe his play in one word, they were going for "power" or "unstoppable" or "greatest" or something but he said "HUSTLE." That's an old school country response right there. He's had a sort of a old time Southern black folks attitude: honest pay for an honest day sort of thing that doesn't even exist any more in America

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 15490Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:39 am
Posts: 4509Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
My favorite Bo Jackson highlight reel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0GCixb2QjI

Offline Profile YIM