<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Yu Jia: LA Lakers' Offer to Jeremy Lin Could Not Be Matched

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:11 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Well, it is NOT A SECRET that it is NOT 100% that Jeremy Lin will be returning as a New York Knicks.

Lin's agent Roger Montgomery had publicly expressed Jeremy Lin's intent to test the free agent waters, and that a new New York Knicks deal ain't no slam dunk

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/o ... z1vYjri500

Of all the hot pursuers, LA Lakers seemed to be a pretty eager one.

ESPN Chris Palmer had heard it through the grapevines, and posted on his Twitter the other day.

And over the weekend, Yu Jia, the famous CCTV5 basketball commentator/analyst in China, who is very amicable and close with Jeremy Lin, while promoting his new book on Linsanity "Witnessing A Miracle: Jeremy Lin" in Dongguan had disclosed that the
LA Lakers had made Jeremy Lin an offer that the New York Knicks might not be able to match.

Here are the EXACT quotes from Yu Jia:

Quote:

http://sports.qq.com/a/20120528/000337.htm

据我所知,湖人给林书豪开了一份报价,如果我了解到的那份报价是真的话,我认为尼克斯可能无法匹配这样的报价。

As far as I know, the Lakers had made an offer (to Jeremy); if what I understand that the offer is true, I think that the New York Knicks may not be able to match that offer."

So what do you guys think???

Would it be a good move for Jeremy
to the LA Lakers and to play alongside Kobe Bryant ???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:00 pm
I've got my reservations about him playing with LAL at the moment. I get the feeling the roster will change quite a bit next year and it seems to be really hard to see how his chances are. Bottom line is hopefully he gets minutes on a team that's got a winning chance. The Lakers will probably be in that category but I'm worried about the change in environment and uncertainties affecting his ability to build on this past season. If he does go there though, I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot on this board about how Kobe keeps chucking shots.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 15493Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Don't posting this garbage. Lakers is not a team that has a lot of cap room to offer anything the Knicks can't match.

NYPost is a sh1tty news paper too, they said Linsanity was RIP. Also, I don't care about dumb Chinese fvcker Yu Jia.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:59 pm
LA has too many other needs and too many insecurities to have offered Lin, they definitely cannot be offering him before they know what they're going to do with Gasol and other big pieces.

I'm sure they're listening to offers but Montgomery's statement was more amateur pressure on Knicks FO than any indication of a brewing deal

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:10 am
Yu Jai is just another ignorant reporter. Some ignorant people like pryuen still read from these reporters who have not done any research.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:08 am
User avatarPosts: 12415Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
And over the weekend, Yu Jia, the famous CCTV5 basketball commentator/analyst in China, who is very amicable and close with Jeremy Lin, while promoting his new book on Linsanity "Witnessing A Miracle: Jeremy Lin" in Dongguan had disclosed that the[/color] LA Lakers had made Jeremy Lin an offer that the New York Knicks might not be able to match.

Here are the EXACT quotes from Yu Jia:

That so-called famous analyst doesn't know sh it about the NBA scene; He must be famous for publicizing his ignorance. don't take my words for it.
    Malorkayel wrote:
    Don't posting this garbage. Lakers is not a team that has a lot of cap room to offer anything the Knicks can't match.

NYPost is a sh1tty news paper too, they said Linsanity was RIP. Also, I don't care about dumb Chinese fvcker Yu Jia.
    temuchin wrote:
    LA has too many other needs and too many insecurities to have offered Lin,
even superJean gets it
    superjohn wrote:
    Yu Jai is just another ignorant reporter. Some ignorant people like pryuen still read from these reporters who have not done any research.
anybody who knows about the Lakers---automatically eliminating that baffon Yu Jia---knows that they must trade Gasol, and that Rox covet him. Also that the Rox have a disgruntled PG in K Lowry.

Facts point to a Gasol + fillers / Lowry + fillers swap, or a possible 3-team swap

Lets i forget, PRY had previously parroted the exact words from other so-called famous sports-writers / analysts and presented them as being gospel; insofar as
  • Plateaued Sun being the Chinese Magic
  • Plateaued Sun out-shooting everyone in Laker practices :lol: :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:36 am
User avatarPosts: 15493Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
It was a snap reaction because Yu Jia made it sound like he had inside information from Lin. But, for people that follow the NBA, it's like a "slap in the face", because trades and free agency rarely works out like that.

It's too early, the draft lottery is this Wednesday and 1 month before official Free Agency and Rookie Draft.

How can the Lakers genuinely make an offer to Lin when they have to take all these steps first?

At least when people talk about the Raptors, everyone knows that they have huge space without making any moves.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:40 am
User avatarPosts: 12415Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
How can the Lakers genuinely make an offer to Lin when they have to take all these steps first?
    to the so-called basketball analysts / writers,
      think before you opine.
    to the parrots,
      think before you parrot,
        be mindful that snap reaction does not make for the gospel truth :!: :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:05 am
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
lol not these chinese reporters again. I guess after wang meng/BIG YAO fiasco, pryuen needs to find another reporter close w/dragonball lin who has credible sources :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:42 pm
User avatarPosts: 1121Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:48 pm
lol isnt this why pryuen was banned from clutchfans, translating made up stories from chinese newspapers

Offline Profile