<  Jeremy Lin  ~  Jeremy Lin after Harvard (2010) going to the Warriors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:55 am
Posts: 8245Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
NYC Yao Fan in UMich wrote:
TechieTwo wrote:
Very low risk move by Warriors. Unless he really sucks in training camp, he should be there for the year.

That contract would get paid for with the additional Warrior gear and tickets they would sell.

isn't 500k a really low salary for an NBA player? I looked on NBA salaries, and I didn't see any lower than 800k.

that aint low. top wnba players get 80k :lol: better than being an engineer. :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:28 am
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
but engineers can work at least 15 years before getting laid off. :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:32 am
but engineers can work at least 15 years before getting laid off. :D

u dont need to work in nba. as long ur contracted, ur set for life unless ur antoine walker type :lol: lin gonna be set for life just for playing bball.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:17 am
Great news and congrats to Jeremy Lin! :D :D Finally, we have an Asian BB player in the NBA that plays the game with aggression and fearlessness. This is possibly the most exciting time to be an Asian BB fan. It's absolutely refreshing to see him attack the basket every time there's an opening to the hole. That's the way to play!

Very proud of this young man, he's just a good kid with a good head on his shoulders. There's no question that he will succeed based on his track record. Because to go thru what he has gone thru, the racist taunts and all, and beats the odds to get to the top, only proves that he has the resiliency and the determination to succeed in a big way.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:00 am
Aside from working on his game he should consider seeing a dermatologist . He's ok looks wise , the skin (pimples..) can be worked on its not major problem. That way he would be more photogenic and if he does goes to show he can play well at the NBA level consistently there would be more opportunities and interest for endorsement deals. Work on his fashion sence would help too.

Play well, Look well (physical + Fashion ), act well (on and off the coart ) help increase fan and media interest which leads to more endorsement offers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:42 pm
albert57d wrote:
Aside from working on his game he should consider seeing a dermatologist . He's ok looks wise , the skin (pimples..) can be worked on its not major problem. That way he would be more photogenic and if he does goes to show he can play well at the NBA level consistently there would be more opportunities and interest for endorsement deals. Work on his fashion sence would help too.

Play well, Look well (physical + Fashion ), act well (on and off the coart ) help increase fan and media interest which leads to more endorsement offers.

i bet he's gonna get laid like crazy tho, let's think about this, bay area...only american born asian player in the last 20 years... I had friends at Harvard who told me he was like big man on campus at Harvard gettin all sorts of lovin, if ya catch my drift.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:34 pm
Posts: 4802Location: NJ/NY Metro AreaJoined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:07 pm
albert57d wrote:

i bet he's gonna get laid like crazy tho, let's think about this, bay area...only american born asian player in the last 20 years... I had friends at Harvard who told me he was like big man on campus at Harvard gettin all sorts of lovin, if ya catch my drift.

But didn't he say that if he wasn't pursuing a basketball career that he would be looking to become a minister?

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:01 pm
User avatarPosts: 12457Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
PhilNYC wrote:
[quote="NYC Yao Fan in UMich i bet he's gonna get laid like crazy tho,........, if ya catch my drift.
But didn't he say that if he wasn't pursuing a basketball career that he would be looking to become a minister?[/quote] only all the time.

JLin will probably become the Asian American version of AC Green

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:32 pm
Dr. No wrote:
PhilNYC wrote:
[quote="NYC Yao Fan in UMich i bet he's gonna get laid like crazy tho,........, if ya catch my drift.
But didn't he say that if he wasn't pursuing a basketball career that he would be looking to become a minister?
only all the time.

JLin will probably become the Asian American version of AC Green[/quote]

hahaha. the two are not mutually exclusive.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:18 pm
will he become like michael chang? :lol:

Offline Profile