<  The Olympics  ~  China vs Germany

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:49 am
User avatarPosts: 15531Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
There was help from the refs, but Yao and Yi did what they were suppose to do and got the win. I also like how Sun Yue played, he's gotten better this year for sure.

Wang SP is terrible.

Offline Profile
User avatarPosts: 923Location: Asturias, Spain.Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:09 am
Man, Yao is DEAD... I'm so proud of him...

GO CHINA GO!

Offline Profile
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
robWu wrote:

and get chen out of the doghouse.......dont know what kind of crap offense liu wei was running down the stretch, but force feeding yao every time down or jacking up long 3's cause the shot clock's gone is not smart.

Chen Jianghua was responsible for China losing its 10-point lead quickly within 2 minutes in 2Q for play bad bad defense on Germany's point guard. 2 consecutive 3-pointers let the German cut the deficit to only 4 points.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:50 am
NADman wrote:
SvenMan wrote:
zfuture wrote:
China got lucky...

complete collapse in 4th quarter.

yea...they were a bit lucky...the refs gave China 2 calls in the last couple of minutes that could have gone either way. The 1st was the traveling call on Dirk (Which struck me as questionable, Dirk was just doing his usual move, backing down a smaller guy to the FT line and turning to shoot. Instant replay plz) and the second one is the charge Yao took, that one seems right but it definitely was a judgment call.

Oh please! Don't give me that "referee should've, could've" crap! China won, stop making excuses!

CHINA! CHINA! CHINA! GO CHINA!!!!!!!!!!

Not making an excuse, I'm glad China won; I mean I damn nearly knock over my laptop when Dirk's 3 went in...then rolled out. But that doesn't mean we have to stick our heads in the sand and ignore what went wrong. Refs are certainly part of the game...and favorable calls can go the other way next time round. Let's hope that won't happen.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:51 am
what do you mean the refs gave us a break? the Germans had some breaks from the refs..China played hard and good defense.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:52 am
Yao was just tired on the court. You can see he was just just walking, could not score a bucket or grab rebounds.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:53 am
User avatarPosts: 15531Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
robWu wrote:
thank god they werent shooting ft's in a 1 possession game........nice game by Yi, nice D on dirk at the end to force the final turnover.......outside of leaving dirk wide open when he got crossed on the last 3 that almost tied it, he played a pretty clean game.........

and get chen out of the doghouse.......dont know what kind of crap offense liu wei was running down the stretch, but force feeding yao every time down or jacking up long 3's cause the shot clock's gone is not smart.

I also didn't like when Yao went to the bench to rest, Liu Wei drove 1 on 5 and took a bad pull up with a lot of clock left. It sends a bad message that Yao is #1 and he is #2.

Liu Wei needs to assist to the other players besides Yao when he's not busy turning the ball over.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:54 am
Yea, Yao was definitely gassed. Hope his stamina would improve as the games progressed. Advancing to the next round is still very much possible. Go Yao!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:56 am
Malorkayel wrote:
robWu wrote:
thank god they werent shooting ft's in a 1 possession game........nice game by Yi, nice D on dirk at the end to force the final turnover.......outside of leaving dirk wide open when he got crossed on the last 3 that almost tied it, he played a pretty clean game.........

I also didn't like when Yao went to the bench to rest, Liu Wei drove 1 on 5 and took a bad pull up with a lot of clock left. It sends a bad message that Yao is #1 and he is #2.

Liu Wei needs to assist to the other players besides Yao when he's not busy turning the ball over.
i agree man,Liu Wei reminds me Me Williams sometimes..IMO the biggest flaw for the CNT is the point spot, both defense and offense. im goin back to slyp..By the way who do they play next? does anone knows?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:58 am
puffer_dogface wrote:
Malorkayel wrote:
robWu wrote:

i agree man,Liu Wei reminds me Me Williams sometimes..IMO the biggest plaw for the CNT is the point spot, both defense and offense. im goin back to slyp..By the way who do they play next? does anone knows?

who is Me Williams?

Offline Profile