<  The Olympics  ~  Video prove the Chinese gymnast's age might be correct!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:25 pm
Jiang Yu Yuan might indeed be 17 like her passport said. Jiang is mentioned as the 3rd girl who might have had altered her age according to many articles.

Here's a documentary that was filmed around 2003, leading up to the Olympics. They were recruiting young gymnasts to be the perfect age for 2008. Jiang and Deng LIngling were feature in this documentary.

In it Jiang said she was 12. Which was 5 years ago, thus making her 17 or 18 today. Remember 2003 is 4 years before 2007, 2007 is the year which the AP alleged a different birth year was put into a Sporting Website.

Does it make sense that the gov't would alter her age, and then reverse it to her original age knowing the Olympics was coming up? Or did that Sporting Website messed up the birth year, thus leading Xinghua using that wrong year, and ultimately AP using the Xinghua article?

This is along documentary, its based on the build up to the Olympics, just skip to around 9min:15 secs. You can see a young Jiang YuYuan talking about her age.

I already send a letter with the link to the docu to Dan Weitzel the sports writer for Yahoo. He seems to be open minded. I know if I send it to one of the bias reporters they would ignore it. Hopefully he wont.

You guys can check out the video at:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzc5Mjc2MTI=.html

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:33 pm
ArcticMonkey2 wrote:
Jiang Yu Yuan might indeed be 17 like her passport said. Jiang is mentioned as the 3rd girl who might have had altered her age according to many articles.

Here's a documentary that was filmed around 2003, leading up to the Olympics. They were recruiting young gymnasts to be the perfect age for 2008. Jiang and Deng LIngling were feature in this documentary.

In it Jiang said she was 12. Which was 5 years ago, thus making her 17 or 18 today. Remember 2003 is 4 years before 2007, 2007 is the year which the AP alleged a different birth year was put into a Sporting Website.

Does it make sense that the gov't would alter her age, and then reverse it to her original age knowing the Olympics was coming up? Or did that Sporting Website messed up the birth year, thus leading Xinghua using that wrong year, and ultimately AP using the Xinghua article?

This is along documentary, its based on the build up to the Olympics, just skip to around 9min:15 secs. You can see a young Jiang YuYuan talking about her age.

I already send a letter with the link to the docu to Dan Weitzel the sports writer for Yahoo. He seems to be open minded. I know if I send it to one of the bias reporters they would ignore it. Hopefully he wont.

was the 16 year age minimum in place back then? i know it hasnt always been the rule.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:48 pm
ArcticMonkey2 wrote:

haha, so are you going to tell all the western basher media to take a look at this clip?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
c'mon, China would never lie. If the Chinese say they are 16, they are 16. Just like Yi Jianlian is 19. The articles being pulled from Chinese websites are just a glitch in the matrix.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:00 pm
nig1 wrote:
c'mon, China would never lie. If the Chinese say they are 16, they are 16. Just like Yi Jianlian is 19. The articles being pulled from Chinese websites are just a glitch in the matrix.

How does the website admin know the age of those girls?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:11 pm
superjohn wrote:
ArcticMonkey2 wrote:

haha, so are you going to tell all the western basher media to take a look at this clip?

The bashers wont even read or watch the clip since I'm defending the "opressive" gov't, so its useless to send to them. I'm trying to find some open minded journalist. I IDed Weitzer as one of them. Still trying to find more writers. Hopefully, out of the 10 I send, if 1 writer looks into this, it could be a success in getting info out to the public.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:17 pm
nig1 wrote:

u r right. Chinese neve lies. American athletes never take steriods.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:38 pm
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
ArcticMonkey2 wrote:

The bashers wont even read or watch the clip since I'm defending the "opressive" gov't, so its useless to send to them. I'm trying to find some open minded journalist. I IDed Weitzer as one of them. Still trying to find more writers. Hopefully, out of the 10 I send, if 1 writer looks into this, it could be a success in getting info out to the public.

Good one. Keep trying.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:54 pm
User avatarPosts: 15670Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
I give you credit for actually finding evidence. Much more productive than throwing insults. Good job.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:08 pm
ArcticMonkey2 wrote:

Good idea sending the documentary around. Just because a girl looks young doesn't mean she is. When I was younger I was fifteen and went to a theme park with a friend and they at first thought I was thirteen and was going to charge me as that. People are always surprised to find out I'm twenty-six and not like twenty-two or so. So I can relate to the girls being questioned.

Offline Profile