<  The Olympics  ~  Chinese Women's Gymnast: Age Discrepancy Like Yi Jianlian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:18 pm
Malorkayel wrote:
Qualifications are more laxed for Pirates... ever considered that field?

I dont have a parrot. If i can find one then yes I'll consider it

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:35 pm
bobliu wrote:
I do not want to argue these gymnasts' ages. But may I ask why it is "obvious"?

it's obvious because Xinhua, state sanctioned news agency has conceded that He Kexin age is under the age limit of 16 this year.

also incriminating is the fact that they took measures to excise that reference. if it was a simple factual error they would have easily remedied that by issuing a correction and providing evidence if requested of her correct age

Quote:
I agree with that article that you have to complain before you lose. After you failed, you do not have the right to complain any more. That is how "sourgrapes" were defined ...

history would seem to support your opinion. recall in 2004, the Korean rightfully won but the fact that he hadn't appealed the decision before the final scores the medal went to paul hamm.

considering the Chinese were favored to win, the US could have expressed their objections and made a stink before the competition. although to be honest they probably didn't have hard evidence about the girls' ages to lodge the protest at the time.

you make good points. but chinese still should not have used those girls (and may not have even needed to?)... LOl @ people defending cheating

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:33 pm
Sore Losers / Sour Graping List
1. Temuchin
2. tha rock 2000whatever
3. nig1

I enjoyed their sour graping but I guess it's time for real entertainment bye.

I'll be looking at the medal standings
Gold Silver Bronze Total
1. China 22 8 5 35
2. United States 10 9 15 34
3. Germany 7 2 3 12
Any more excuses?
Btw I still maintain 1 Gold is worth more than a hundred bronze
if we are talking supremacy
I hope this shuts up the sour grape's for awhile.
Sour Graping just make you look like a sore loser.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:03 pm
I had a chance to follow up the story today.

That little girl's birthday was just good enough for the eligibility - one day past it.

So my gutt feeling is that they don't care. If Americans can create facts, so can they. Kind of daring. Arrogance is what used to describe this kind of situation.

But then, when I told my blonde blue eyed friend that the men's all around gold medalist was about to marry right after the games, she rolled her eyes in disbelief - she probably was thinking that he, too, was underaged. As like, only underaged from China can win in this sport, which, in her opionion, only the most autheticate blondes can compete, as the superb American team represents.

At least, this piece of news got at least 82% of the Americans' attention for Olympics. So that is the positive part of it. These 82% of Americans are more crayzy about "American Idols" than Olympics.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 2422Location: H-TownJoined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:37 am
china got better team, that american girl fell off beam no one push her then she and that other girl couldnt stay in bounds and she fell on her jlo booty. china girls look like preteens tho. that american sacramento girl that fell all the time look hot when mad at herself. for small girl she got jlo booty.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:36 pm
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
This guy saw the same documentary as I did... he said the similar thing as I posted, just in a little more detailed ...

http://news.wenxuecity.com/messages/200 ... 77520.html

Sorry it is in Chinese ...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:49 pm
USA are just a bunch of sore losers. Making a big deal out of nothing.

USA athletes are known to abuse steroids. Marion Jones, anyone?! And if they wanna complain we're using underage athletes, well shame on them! Even our kids can whoop their teens. Wow, USA is dumb!

GO CHINA!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:54 pm
NADman wrote:
USA are just a bunch of sore losers. Making a big deal out of nothing.

USA athletes are known to abuse steroids. Marion Jones, anyone?! And if they wanna complain we're using underage athletes, well shame on them! Even our kids can whoop their teens. Wow, USA is dumb!

GO CHINA!

Marion Jones didnt get caught in competition. Interesting right?

More strict doping testings, most US women swimmers disappear.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8236Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
usa finished 1 and 2 in womens all around. it was a tight race until the end. congrats to nastia liukin for beating her rival shawn johnson. china got third, which is best result for chinese women, being only 3rd chinese women to medal in the olympics.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:24 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
shokenchi wrote:
usa finished 1 and 2 in womens all around. it was a tight race until the end. congrats to nastia liukin for beating her rival shawn johnson. china got third, which is best result for chinese women, being only 3rd chinese women to medal in the olympics.

I think you meant only the 3rd Chinese women to medal in the All Round discipline of gymnastics in the Olympics..... :roll:

Offline Profile