Author Message

<  The Olympics  ~  Chinese Women's Gymnast: Age Discrepancy Like Yi Jianlian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:47 pm
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
bamboodragon wrote:
haha. UR the one crying about it here with your 20 page essay. STFU you 4ft ninja.


I'm 185+ cm. and I tried SEVERAL TIMES to be a ninja but the ninja academy rejected me for not being japanese

thanks for bringing up the sore subject


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:48 pm
Posts: 8236Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
this is getting hilarious. first yi is older than his age. now the chinese gymnasts are younger than their age. maybe yao ming is of korean decent claimed by korean nationalists :lol: its only accusations and relying on online sources arent credible evidence. you know how websites can be easily manipulated. were not talking about amazon or dell websites that makes profits here. xinhua just trying to screw around to show how sour grapes american media is :lol: getting beat by little kids is more shameful, dont u think? :lol:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:52 pm
Posts: 4472Location: LAJoined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:40 pm
Yang won the all around gold and he's 28 - who says the younger the better for gymnists???

Why would Chinese government controlled state media report these girls to be underage if it's a Chinese conspiracy? Makes no sense.

Sore losers...


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 10073Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm
bayern wrote:
Now let's not kid ourselves. The U.S doesn't have anyone in that age range who can compete with the Chinese at that level. Even if the rule allows that, they won't because they simply can't. Shawn Johnson, Nastia Liukin and so on are the best gymnasts the Americans could offer.


true. the american girls did have a shot at beating the chinese until the collapse but they did NOT lose because the US didn't bring underaged girls. the americans might have incentive to retain this rule since it mainly benefits china. although I think I remember Karoly state on TV the rule should be changed.. but that could well have been a straw man about the american position to make him seem less like a whiner

Quote:
The Americans are just bitter and especially for Martha and Bela Karolyis, they probably will lose some of their income because of the defeat. In the end, they simply can't handle the truth, the truth of defeat.


well he can probably handle the defeat, he just wants to taint the chinese victory at the same time

Quote:
Why would Chinese government controlled state media report these girls to be underage if it's a Chinese conspiracy? Makes no sense.


that one just slipped through the cracks, they're probably fixing the error as we speak


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 15670Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
temuchin wrote:
bamboodragon wrote:
haha. UR the one crying about it here with your 20 page essay. STFU you 4ft ninja.


I'm 185+ cm. and I tried SEVERAL TIMES to be a ninja but the ninja academy rejected me for not being japanese

thanks for bringing up the sore subject


Qualifications are more laxed for Pirates... ever considered that field?


China has a huge pool of quality gymnasts they can draw from. On both the men and women competition. If they change the age limit, this wouldn't help the Americans at all. It would make the Chinese even stronger.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:57 pm
Posts: 1930Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:32 pm
close this thread. The Chinese didn't win because they were underage.. You can't blame the Chinese for the mistakes the american made. Being "underage" had nothing to do with it.. It's just an excuse.

Just like blaming the loss on the long waiting time for that one girl.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:00 pm
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
nig1 wrote:
it's obvious the Chinese gymnasts are underage. Cheating is a culture in sports, just like 'roids in baseball, doping in Tour de France. The Chinese can lie about their age knowing the IOC will turn a blind eye. Is it fair? No, but then again the IOC doesn't wanna offend the commies.


I do not want to argue these gymnasts' ages. But may I ask why it is "obvious"?

I have been in the US for 20 years and there are still a lot of people thinking I am ten years younger than I really is. I look young does not mean I am young. The same applies to these 16 year olds. They were selected because they have the body type that suits gymnastics. Would you select those who look older than they really is to be on your team in a sport like this? Those pretty 20 year old models won't make a good gymnast!

I saw this documentary a couple of weeks ago. It is about the development of these Olympic gymnasts in China. The search for the 2008 Olympics started in 2002. The coaches in a few key local sport schools and training facilities were identified. The kids they looked for were amongst 10-13 year olds who had the tools and who participated at some level in gymnastics competition. The camera followed them for 6 years. They grew but not by much in the 6 years in my eyes.

You have the right to doubt. That is OK. I just hope that what is obvious to you may not be the truth.

Well, maybe you are the one that would be jumping up and down with happiness if the Chinese use Zheng Haixia as their representative in gymnastics ... :lol:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 12439Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
bobliu wrote:
nig1 wrote:
it's obvious the Chinese gymnasts are underage. ....
I do not want to argue these gymnasts' ages. But may I ask why it is "obvious"?....:lol:
what is obvious is the the media making the claim without any evidence, other than saying that they look underage.

peabrains like nig1 can only regurgitate what the media prints---that is
    O B V I O U S !


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:13 pm
Posts: 1930Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:32 pm
Dr. No wrote:
bobliu wrote:
nig1 wrote:
it's obvious the Chinese gymnasts are underage. ....
I do not want to argue these gymnasts' ages. But may I ask why it is "obvious"?....:lol:
what is obvious is the the media making the claim without any evidence, other than saying that they look underage.

peabrains like nig1 can only regurgitate what the media prints---that is
    O B V I O U S !


Most Asians look young period. Did you see the special they had the other night? Some "Specialist" was looking at pictures to determined their age. And according to the lady, based on the size of the Chinese gymnast "chin", the girls are underage. hahahah

If the US are crying about it that much, why not protest and kindly go back home.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:17 pm
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
I agree with that article that you have to complain before you lose. After you failed, you do not have the right to complain any more. That is how "sourgrapes" were defined ...


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 3 of 7
65 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron