<  The Olympics  ~  CNT Versus Australian All Stars (July 4 & 6)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:29 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

China National Team will have another series of practice/exhibition games in the coming week. This time, it will be against Australian All Stars, not exactly the real Australian national team, but All Stars from the Australian league with a few of retired national team members. On paper, this team deems much stronger than Memphis University, and the 2 "national" teams of Croatia and Lithuania they had played so far this summer.

They will play 2 games against the Australian.

July 4 in Wuxi and
July 6 in Ningbo

Yao Ming will not play in these 2 exhibition games,
and will stay in Beijing to continue his rehabilitation with the assistant coaches/trainers that the Rockets sent to China.

Anthony Falsone, who Yao Ming had extended his contract recently, Jack Sikma (Rockets assistant coach) and Keith Garnett (Rockets assistant trainer) had all arrived Beijing to help Yao Ming to expedite his rehabilitation to get back to top competititve form and condition with
only less than 40 days before the Olympics commences.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:37 pm
Posts: 890Location: Pasadena, USAJoined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:54 pm
I wonder who's on this team, cos the real Australian National Team is competing against New Zealand right now, and then will leave for Europe to compete against European teams.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:39 am
karamazov wrote:
I wonder who's on this team, cos the real Australian National Team is competing against New Zealand right now, and then will leave for Europe to compete against European teams.

Read the first post. :roll:

Quote:
...it will be against Australian All Stars, not exactly the real Australian national team, but All Stars from the Australian league with a few of retired national team members.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 890Location: Pasadena, USAJoined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:54 pm
When I said "who", I meant who exactly!

Since I am from Australia and I know the basketball players there. Don't jump to conclusions so soon.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:20 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
karamazov wrote:
When I said "who", I meant who exactly!

Since I am from Australia and I know the basketball players there. Don't jump to conclusions so soon.

Karamazov

See how many of these players you know.........

Matthew Burston; 2.10M, Forward
Greg Vanderjage; 2.13M, Centre
Peter Crawford; 1.93M, Guard
Darren Ng; 1.89M, Guard
Matt Knight; 2.07M, Forward
Cameron Tragardh; 2.09M, Forward
Rhys Carter; 1.90M, Guard
Alexander Loughton; 2.06M, Forward
Oscar Ceglar Forman; 2.05M, Forward
Cameron Heath Tovey; 1.99M, Forward

The only one I know from this Australian team is their head coach: the legendary 5-time Olympian, Andrew Gaze, one of the greatest Australian basketball players ever graced the court.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:58 am
Start of the 2nd quarter, China leading 25-22. Wzz playing like he never played defense before. Aussie's one Asian player Darren Ng just made a long range 3, very long. Other wise, pretty crappy game by China.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:24 am
37 ~ 36, the Australian came from 6 points behind after 1Q (25 ~ 19 China) to be leading by 1 point by half time.

Very scrappy 2Q for China. The guards including Chen Jianghua seemed still not knowing how to break those half-court one-on-one hard press, and lost a few of the possessions and points with the Australian making easy shots down in the paint.

The guards were also making too many unforced errors/turnovers (at least 4 of them), and could not effectively turn 3 to 4 of those fast breaks into points.

They had less than 1 month to make sure they correct those weaknesses.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:10 am

62 ~ 55 China lead after 3Q.

Now 3 minutes to go in 4Q. China led 80 ~ 71 as both Yi Jianlian and Wang Zhizhi exploded in offense in 4Q.

Sun Yue
just scored a 3-pointer to stretch the lead to 83 ~ 71.

Looks like another win in the pocket for this China team san Yao Ming.

Last edited by pryuen on Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:17 am
2 consecutive block shots from Sun Yue in the last minute, and a 3-pointer buzzer-beater from Wang Lei gave China a 89 ~ 73 win over this Australian All Stars team.

A winning streak of 9 for China now !! :shock:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:19 am
User avatarPosts: 923Location: Asturias, Spain.Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:09 am
Awesome, but they need to win powerful countries haha

Offline Profile