<  Yi Jianlian and other Asian NBA players  ~  Chinese national team beats Hornets summer league team

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:45 am
pryuen wrote:
yaominginfohere wrote:

I don't think China will win any games in the upcoming FIBA Cup.

Well personally hope the CNT can AT LEAST qualify from their preliminary group comprising of China, Ivory Coast, Poland, Venezuela for the Final 16.

OR ELSE it will be DISASTROUS,
cos the World Cup also serves as the qualification for the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics, which will take the top two teams from each of the Americas and Europe, and the top team from each of Africa, Asia and Oceania, alongside hosts Japan.

The other 5 Asian countries Japan, South Korea, Iran, Jordan and Philippines had all drawn into pretty tough groups. Japan is grouped together with USA, Turkey and Czech Republic, South Korea is grouped together Russia, Argentina and Nigeria, with Iran is grouped with Spain, Puerto Rico and Tunisia, Jordan is grouped with Dominican Republic, France and Germany, and Philippines is grouped with Angola, Italy and Serbia.

So AT LEAST China has to make it to the second round, in order to be able to compete for the LONE SPOT for Asia.

ACTUALLY it was PRETTY UNFAIR
for Australia and New Zealand to be included into Asia Group in qualifying for the World Cup, but considered as Oceania Group to compete for 1 slot i.e. 50% chance for qualifying for the Olympics, while 6 teams have to compete for 1 slot for Asia (although as host country, Japan had automatically qualified)

pryuen, how come Yao Ming has done very little to improve the skills of the guards like Guo Ailun and that PG Zhou chiwei guy?

We all thought Yao Ming is smart enough to hire some basic skills coaches.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:02 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
superjohn wrote:

pryuen, how come Yao Ming has done very little to improve the skills of the guards like Guo Ailun and that PG Zhou chiwei guy?

YOU'RE trying to TROLL here, RIGHT, MORON ??? :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Yao Ming is a centre, and NOT a point guard !!!

Besides, he is the not the coach responsible for training or passing on skills for the guards. Li Nan himself was also not a point guard in his players' days.

I'm not sure whether there are other coaches in the CNT responsible for other aspects of the game like shooting coach, but
as far as the players are concerned, they are ALREADY in their mid-20s, and there is a LIMIT FOR EXTRA ROOM of improvement.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:24 am
pryuen wrote:
superjohn wrote:

YOU'RE trying to TROLL here, RIGHT, MORON ??? :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Yao Ming is a centre, and NOT a point guard !!!

Besides, he is the not the coach responsible for training or passing on skills for the guards. Li Nan himself was also not a point guard in his players' days.

I'm not sure whether there are other coaches in the CNT responsible for other aspects of the game like shooting coach, but
as far as the players are concerned, they are ALREADY in their mid-20s, and there is a LIMIT FOR EXTRA ROOM of improvement.

You moron, I was just asking why didn't Yao Ming hire some PG coaches.
We all know Yao Ming is too lazy and incapable of functioning as a coach. It is alright that he is slacking off. But why not spend some of CBA's money for hiring some capable coaches?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:26 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
superjohn wrote:
But why not spend some of CBA's money for hiring some capable coaches?

CNT has 3 American coaches on the team, Ben Voogd for point guard/shooting guard, Scott Roth for forwards, and Dimitrios Jimmy Vidas, strength and conditioning.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:49 am
pryuen wrote:
superjohn wrote:
But why not spend some of CBA's money for hiring some capable coaches?

CNT has 3 American coaches on the team, Ben Voogd for point guard/shooting guard, Scott Roth for forwards, and Dimitrios Jimmy Vidas, strength and conditioning.

It looks like these are subpar coaches. Who are the coaches for centers?

Is this the CNT Team A, or just Team C for testing purposes?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:15 pm
User avatarPosts: 113Location: Bordeaux (FRANCE)Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:47 am
So we have what seems to be a nice starting five :
Guo Ailun PG
Abudurexiti ? SG
Ding SF
Yi PF
Joe C

Wang Zhelin 6th man

What about the other players ?
What do you think?

A little bit nostalgic of the yao era with Wang Zhizhi, Zhu Fangyu , Sun , Chen Jianghua, Liu Wei ...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:35 pm
cadburykiller wrote:
So we have what seems to be a nice starting five :
Guo Ailun PG
Abudurexiti ? SG
Ding SF
Yi PF
Joe C

Wang Zhelin 6th man

What about the other players ?
What do you think?

A little bit nostalgic of the yao era with Wang Zhizhi, Zhu Fangyu , Sun , Chen Jianghua, Liu Wei ...

ATM, Wang Zhelin fares BETTER than Zhou Qi. My guess is Wang Zhelin will be the starting centre, with Zhou Qi swinging between centre and power forward as back up for Wang Zhelin and Yi Jianlian.

NOT TOO SURE Abudurexiti could be the starting shooting guard. He usually swings between position 3 and 4.

Also Guo Ailun would probably be playing shooting guard better than point guard. Zhou Jiwei would probably get the starting spot.

There are currently 17 players left in the squad (with 5 more to be dropped for the Final 12), , with 6 of them guards (Zhou Jiwei, Fang Shuo, Wu Qian, Guo Ailun, Sun Minghui, and Zhao Rui), 9 of them forwards (Ding Yanyuhang, Zhai Xiaochuan , Zhou Peng, Abudushalamu Abudurexiti, Chen Linjian, Kelanbaike Makan, Zhou Qi, Yi Jianlian, Shen Jiejie), 2 centre (Wang Zhelin, Hu Jinqiu)

Personally think the Final 12 could be

Point Guard: Zhou Jiwei, Fang Shuo
Shooting Guard: Guo Ailun, Wu Qian, Zhao Rui
Small Forward: Ding Yanyuhang, Zhai Xiaochuan, Zhou Peng
Power Forward: Yi Jianlian, Zhou Qi, Abudushalamu Abudurexiti,
Centre: Wang Zhelin

But personally hope Chen Linjian of Fujian Sturgeons could make it to team. He had improved vastly in the past 2 years, could play both position 3 and 4 well, and is a bull-eye 3-pointer shooter with over 40% 3-pointer%.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:39 pm
superjohn wrote:

Is this the CNT Team A, or just Team C for testing purposes?

This is TEAM A san Yi Jianlian, as Yi is still rehabilitating from his injury trying to get back into competitive shape and form and therefore had not traveled with CNT for the Summer League.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:36 am
User avatarPosts: 113Location: Bordeaux (FRANCE)Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:47 am
Thanks for your answer
Yeah i saw Abudurexiti more as a SF but i thought that he would be more able to take the SG spot (maybe more mobile on lateral moves to defend the opponent than Ding, maybe i'm wrong)
SG position seems once again a real problem with Chinese squad . I do some quick searches about Zhao Rui and Wu Qian both seem ok but they have a real lack of size and no real atleticism qualities.
I wonder how the Chinese federation manage to still fu*k up their selections (from the youth teams, scouting...) in 2019.
Such a huge country with basketball interest in the population and not one credible SG on international level. Seems crazy to me and really concerning.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:14 am
Ding Jinhui is even better than Leonard.

pryune do you even realize who Leonard is?

Offline Profile