<  Yi Jianlian and other Asian NBA players  ~  Yuta Watanabe in the summer league

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:39 am
pryunen what happened to Zhou Qi's and Ding guy's contracts? They are way better than this Yuta. Zhou Qi basically trounced Yuta in a game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:51 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
superjohn wrote:
pryunen what happened to Zhou Qi's and Ding guy's contracts? They are way better than this Yuta. Zhou Qi basically trounced Yuta in a game.

LOL !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

WTF
contracts you're talking about, YOU FVCKING CLUELESS IDIOOOOOOOT ??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Zhou Qi was playing for Houston Rockets in the Summer League as a 2nd year rookie. He was not fighting for his contract in the Summer League; he is STILL ON CONTRACT with Houston Rockets ! If I'm not mistaken, Zhou Qi signd a 4-year contract with Houston last year, with the first year a guaranteed one, and the next 3 years NON GUARANTEED/TEAM OPTION, meaning he's subject to waive AT ANY TIME SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE.

As for Ding Yanyuhang, he was offered a 2-way contract by Brooklyn Nets WITHOUT having to play in the Summer League. But just like last summer (he also got a 2-way contract offer from Dallas Mavericks), he did not accept the offer, cos he does not want limited play minutes/action in NBA, waste his time in G League, and monetarily wise, the US$ 270K 2-way contract is not acceptable to him.

It was reported that Brooklyn Nets then offered Yuta Watanabe a 2-way contract after Ding Yanyuhang turned it down. But insteads of taking Brooklyn Nets' offer, Yuta Watanabe accepted Memphis Grizzlies' offer.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:26 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
supraman wrote:
Great news, hope he gets meaningful play time

YEAH.... I wish him well in his future with Memphis Grizzlies.

Having said that I just felt TERRIBLY SORRY about Wang Zhelin who I've rooted for in the past years.

He got picked by Memphis Grizzlies 2 years ago as a second rounder, but up till now, there is NO NEWS and ACTUALLY NO HOPE that Memphis Grizzlies will sign him up.

I remembered it was 6 years ago when Wang Zhelin was playing head-to-head with Yuta Wanatable in the 2012 FIBA U18 Asian Championship. China U18 thrashed Japan U18 138 ~ 73, and during that match
Wang Zhelin just DEVOURED Yuta Watanabe; Wang scored a BIG DOUBLE-DOUBLE of 36 points/17 rebounds/2 block shots in just 20 minutes of action, and Yuta Watanabe just scored 7 points/4 rebounds.

6 years gone, and now Yuta Watanabe is going to play in NBA (albeit just a 2-way contract player),
but Wang Zhelin had already gone DOWNHILL..... That 4-year NCAA tenure with George Washington University must have changed Yuta Watanabe COMPLETELY, while Wang Zhelin had WASTED his talents/time playing in CBA with Fujian SBS Xunxing Sturgeons all these years !!! :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:05 am
User avatarPosts: 3042Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:34 am
pryuen wrote:
supraman wrote:

Having said that I just felt TERRIBLY SORRY about Wang Zhelin who I've rooted for in the past years.

He got picked by Memphis Grizzlies 2 years ago as a second rounder, but up till now, there is NO NEWS and ACTUALLY NO HOPE that Memphis Grizzlies will sign him up.

I remembered it was 6 years ago when Wang Zhelin was playing head-to-head with Yuta Wanatable in the 2012 FIBA U18 Asian Championship. China U18 thrashed Japan U18 138 ~ 73, and during that match
Wang Zhelin just DEVOURED Yuta Watanabe; Wang scored a BIG DOUBLE-DOUBLE of 36 points/17 rebounds/2 block shots in just 20 minutes of action, and Yuta Watanabe just scored 7 points/4 rebounds.

6 years gone, and now Yuta Watanabe is going to play in NBA (albeit just a 2-way contract player),
but Wang Zhelin had already gone DOWNHILL..... That 4-year NCAA tenure with George Washington University must have changed Yuta Watanabe COMPLETELY, while Wang Zhelin had WASTED his talents/time playing in CBA with Fujian SBS Xunxing Sturgeons all these years !!! :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

It goes to show how poor and backward's China's sports system is in comparison to other countries. So many players had wasted their talents in the CBA without being developed, they just stay as a one dimensional player. I'm actually glad Zhou Qi left CBA sooner despite dissapproval from his club saying his not ready, he actually wasn't getting better in Xinjiang and now his improve significantly.

It's not that CBA has poor competition, it's actually decent, but the focus on development is poor. A lot of teams that i've watched of the CBA is basically just let the foreign player take 50 shots.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:04 am
supraman wrote:

It goes to show how poor and backward's China's sports system is in comparison to other countries. So many players had wasted their talents in the CBA without being developed, they just stay as a one dimensional player. I'm actually glad Zhou Qi left CBA sooner despite dissapproval from his club saying his not ready, he actually wasn't getting better in Xinjiang and now his improve significantly.

It's not that CBA has poor competition, it's actually decent, but the focus on development is poor. A lot of teams that i've watched of the CBA is basically just let the foreign player take 50 shots.

ABSOLUTELY !!!

For the case of Wang Zhelin, he was DIFFERENT
in that his team Fujian SBS Xunxing Sturgeons was not a rich and ambitious club as Xinjiang, Liaoning, Shandong, and they could not splash $$$$$$ on good and productive expats. They sort of used Wang Zhelin as the SPEARHEAD/GO-TO-GUY in offense, and OVERUSED him by playing HEAVY minutes.

As a result, Wang Zhelin became injury-prone (PARTICULARLY on his waist and legs regularly), but did not get proper recuperation/rehabilitation.

He finally recovered recently, but he trimmed down some 15 kilograms and thereby lost some of his upper body strength/power, and had been playing poorly in recent international tournaments/exhibition friendlies, and is NO LONGER the dominant 20/10 low post player he was when he first started to play senior CBA basketball.

Another thing I suspect is Wang Zhelin might be getting a little bit COMPLACENT (as he bought in shares of Fujian SBS Xunxing Sturgeons 3 ~ 4 years ago and had become a minority shareholder/owner of the team), happy about his current state, had not developed new weaponry on court (like 3-pointers) or improve on his defense and had not undergone proper training/rehabilitation during his injury time. He just had not got the SAME DESIRE/DRIVE as Ding Yanyuhang who wishes to keep improving himself to play in the NBA.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:46 am
supraman wrote:
pryuen wrote:
supraman wrote:

wahahahaha, pryuen a Yao Ming fanatic, even claims that YM was doing a favor to Zhou Qi by allowing him to play in the NBA. Yao Ming was just doing the right thing, if YM wants to keeps his CBA job.

Yao Ming should reform the CBA system in a big way.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:47 am
pryuen wrote:
superjohn wrote:

WTF
contracts you're talking about, YOU FVCKING CLUELESS IDIOOOOOOOT ??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Zhou Qi was playing for Houston Rockets in the Summer League as a 2nd year rookie. He was not fighting for his contract in the Summer League; he is STILL ON CONTRACT with Houston Rockets ! If I'm not mistaken, Zhou Qi signd a 4-year contract with Houston last year, with the first year a guaranteed one, and the next 3 years NON GUARANTEED/TEAM OPTION, meaning he's subject to waive AT ANY TIME SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE.

As for Ding Yanyuhang, he was offered a 2-way contract by Brooklyn Nets WITHOUT having to play in the Summer League. But just like last summer (he also got a 2-way contract offer from Dallas Mavericks), he did not accept the offer, cos he does not want limited play minutes/action in NBA, waste his time in G League, and monetarily wise, the US$ 270K 2-way contract is not acceptable to him.

It was reported that Brooklyn Nets then offered Yuta Watanabe a 2-way contract after Ding Yanyuhang turned it down. But insteads of taking Brooklyn Nets' offer, Yuta Watanabe accepted Memphis Grizzlies' offer.

WTF are you saying Ding guy will not play in the NBA next year, because he thinks he will make more in the CBA?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:36 pm
superjohn wrote:

WTF are you saying Ding guy will not play in the NBA next year, because he thinks he will make more in the CBA?

FVCKING CLUELESS IDIOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ding Yanyuhang with his 2 CBA MVP, his popularity/reputation among the Chinese basketball fans, and his numerous commercial endorsements had been making MUCH MUCH MORE $$$$$$$ than a MERE US$ 270K 2-way contract.

THAT WAS BASICALLY ONE OF THE MAJOR REASONS WHY Ding Yanyuhang had rejected the offer LAST YEAR AND THIS YEAR TOO to become a 2-way contract player,
cos he is afraid that he would waste alot of time playing in the G-League and could only play in NBA up to 45 days.

Ding Yanyuhang is SELF-CONFIDENT that he is GOOD ENOUGH to be offered a GUARANTEED NBA contract as a free agent and therefore he did not want to become a 2-way contract player.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:08 pm
pryuen wrote:
superjohn wrote:

FVCKING CLUELESS IDIOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ding Yanyuhang with his 2 CBA MVP, his popularity/reputation among the Chinese basketball fans, and his numerous commercial endorsements had been making MUCH MUCH MORE $$$$$$$ than a MERE US$ 270K 2-way contract.

THAT WAS BASICALLY ONE OF THE MAJOR REASONS WHY Ding Yanyuhang had rejected the offer LAST YEAR AND THIS YEAR TOO to become a 2-way contract player,
cos he is afraid that he would waste alot of time playing in the G-League and could only play in NBA up to 45 days.

Ding Yanyuhang is SELF-CONFIDENT that he is GOOD ENOUGH to be offered a GUARANTEED NBA contract as a free agent and therefore he did not want to become a 2-way contract player.

wahahahaha, pryuen which team will offer him a max contract, as we all believe he deserves? Even the Mavs is giving him pre-season contract.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:11 am
superjohn wrote:

wahahahaha, pryuen which team will offer him a max contract, as we all believe he deserves? Even the Mavs is giving him pre-season contract.

WHY YOU IDIOOOOOOOOOOOT ALWAYS TROLLING HERE ??? :evil: :twisted: :evil:

WHO said Ding Yanyuhang deserves a MAX contract ???
:roll: :roll: :roll:

He has yet to earn himself a genuine NBA contract. The current contract is just for the training camp/preseasons, and he could be immediately waived afterwards.

But what he had done so far DESERVES OUR RESPECT.....He's just following his DREAM to become a NBA player. The current opportunity is a MAJOR STEP FORWARD, and he needs to PERFORM AND PROVE HIMSELF to be able to stay !!!

Offline Profile