<  Yi Jianlian and other Asian NBA players  ~  Hightlight Video of Wang Zhelin in the 2013 ~ 14 CBA Season

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:19 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
A diehard WZL fan produced the following video capturing the highlight reels of Wang Zhelin in his 2nd CBA season in hupu.com, China's most influential sports/basketball forum.

The video over 10 minutes long is specially edited to capture most of Wang Zhelin's dazzling offensive moves: his layups, his hook shots, his low post footwork, his dunks, his assists, his block shots, his jumpers, his coast-to-coast fast breaks.....and MORE !!!

http://www.tudou.com/v/m3T9JXp8oQQ/&res ... 2_99/v.swf

Youtube version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HgufGDn1Io

Compared to his rookie season, personally think he had IMPROVED A GREAT DEAL !!!

http://www.tudou.com/v/mO-CMXTLaKU/&res ... true/v.swf

Like his rookie season (averaging 20.3 ppg/12.0 rpg), Wang Zhelin also averaged a double-double: 22.8 ppg and 11.4 rpg. Not only he raised his FG% from 53% to 59%, his FT% from 62% to 73%, he had lesser turnovers, more block shots and steals in his 2nd season. He also refined his passing skills and developed more offensive weapons such as consistent jumpers out of the 3-second zone.

SO ENJOY !!!! :P :shock: :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:29 am
Posts: 8245Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
doctor baiting thread? :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:34 am
User avatarPosts: 15804Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
lol

this killed Psy's career.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:48 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Malorkayel wrote:
lol

WTF ????:shock: :shock: :shock:

You're SURE you're posting in the RIGHT thread???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:53 am
shokenchi wrote:

NAAAAAAAAAH, I could CARE LESS about ******** that douchebag would spew.

I just post this to share with all basketball-loving fans on this forum.

If ANYONE after watching this video STILL thinks Wang Zhelin plays like a young Mengke Bateer, i.e. very slow, unathletic with zero vertical, played with 2 feet nailed to the floor, only knows how to over-power his weaker opponents with his height and weight, then he must be EITHER BLIND or a BIASED NUTHEAD !!!
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:51 am
pryuen wrote:
Malorkayel wrote:
lol

WTF ????:shock: :shock: :shock:

You're SURE you're posting in the RIGHT thread???

No, it's my current filler comment.

There is nothing new to say about Wang ZL. You can pick a fight with Moranuses and fill it up to 11 pages though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:52 am
shokenchi wrote:

lol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:33 am
User avatarPosts: 351Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:29 pm
I'm going to start calling this guy the 'Pivot King'. WZL pivots and fakes like crazy in the post. I like it.
I also think WZL tweak something with his jumpshot. It looks more consistent, along with his free-throw form.
I've always loved the fact that he is constantly taking a lot of physical contact to make his shots.
I think he has a chance.

Thanks for the clip, pry.:)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:40 am
The problem with Wang ZL going to the post and pivot is that he holds the ball very low and can get stripped/fouled. In the NBA, they're not going to call that for a rookie Asian guy. He's going to get killed by refs with offensive fouls and TO.

Wang ZL seem to love Bball, so that's good. Improving his outside shot and dribbling + passing will be critical to his success too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:09 am
I'm not very positive about this guy. He can only play power forward in NBA. But he's neither as athletics as Yi, nor as agile as Zhizhi.

Yeah, he's Bateer 2.0.

Offline Profile