<  Yi Jianlian and other Asian NBA players  ~  Wang Zhelin: I'll Surpass Achievement of All My Predecessors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:51 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Dr. No wrote:

pry, why is it that no Chinese baller has been drafted by the NBA, nor invited to a training camp, since yi jillian, some 5 yrs ago. :?:

WHICH PART of WHAT I WROTE you don't FVCKING understand??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

You must have TOO MUCH FLG that you even messed up the name of Yi Jianlian !!!
:P :lol: :D

pryuen wrote:
Dr. No wrote:

the CBA, in terms of player development, has been trending in the wrong direction. no CBA player has been drafted, nor invited to training camp, since Yi in 2007.

WRONG AGAIN, IDIIIOOOOOOOOT !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just in the summer of 2008, AT LEAST 3 players were invited to play in NBA summer league and pre-season:

• Yi Li played for LA Lakers in the summer league.
  • Zhang Songtao played for New York Knicks in the summer league.
  • Zhang Kai invited for the preseason camp and games of Sacramento Kings.
And player development in China is heading towards healthy development as MORE AND MORE young Chinese players (like Max Zhang Zhaoxu, Chang Lin, Ji Xiang, Cai Chen, Chris Tang, Sun Siyao, Xu Tao, Meng Xiangyu and many others) were able to defect from the State System and went abroad to study high school/university and play in US High School League and NCAA basketball.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:57 pm
Dr. No wrote:
Momak wrote:
you're still saying WZL is Bateer through the 2.0. It's Sun Yue's 13% all over again.
i call them as i see them. and it's 11%, 1 for 9 from the outside.

what is stubborn has been PRY's unwillingness to admit that sun yue does not have nba-caliber skills

Why do you keep bringing Pryuen back into our discussions? Anyway the unfortunate part for you is that you're much more likely to be wrong about WZL being Bateer 2.0 than Pry was of Sun having NBA calibre skills. Btw Pry never said Sun will be a hit in the NBA, thus he technically wasnt "wrong" on that part. Basically the comparison between WZL and Bateer only started and stopped with you. Generally if nobody agrees with you in their game style (we're not even talking about success or accomplishment, just game style), chances are you're wrong. You might be right about WZL not making it to the NBA. But you're already off about his game being Bateer-esque. Maybe WZL will one day become Bateer-esque at the age of 50 if (ah there's an if again) he eats himself to that weight.

Dr. No wrote:
Momak wrote:
As for Yi, I dont really feel that him dictating which team would draft him played much of a factor in it. Teams still continued to have interest in him :shock: despite that process.
really, :shock: which nba teams ?

Past tense Dr. No. Words that end with "ed" tend to be past tense.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 12457Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
Momak wrote:
Dr. No wrote:
Momak wrote:
As for Yi, I dont really feel that him dictating which team would draft him played much of a factor in it. Teams still continued to have interest in him :shock: despite that process.

regardless of the tense, which nba teams :?:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:56 pm
Dr. No wrote:
Momak wrote:
Dr. No wrote:
Momak wrote:

regardless of the tense, which nba teams :?:

I'm not going to look this up for you because unlike you I dont obsess over what teams were interested in who, I only care about which teams they've played for. I'll let you figure it out. Interest in him declined around when he was traded to the Wizards. Dont be so shocked that teams were interested in him after he was drafted by the Bucks. I'm not going to draw this out for you.

And stop changing the topic, we're still debating about your WZL and Bateer comparison. This is your problem, you fixate and deviate from the point of focus. Honestly I hate debating with you because you dont stay on topic, but you say so many bland statements with no substance and push it like it was fact without justification. You mention Pryuen every few posts when we're not talking about him, and you keep shifting the spotlight to other people. Your most common argument is someone is wrong because you believe they were wrong about this and this and this. THAT is your apparently rebuttal to anything someone challenges you on. But you never get into the gritty details of the topic. This ENTIRE discussion we called you out on is to figure out WHY you think he's like Bateer. Let's talk actual basketball. Why?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:48 am
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am

It would not be too good if WZL had this ability.... unfortunately, it would be WZL that would be on the floor... his physicality is nowhere near Bateer's.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:14 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
bobliu wrote:

It would not be too good if WZL had this ability.... unfortunately, it would be WZL that would be on the floor... his physicality is nowhere near Bateer's.

EVERYONE that is not BLIND can see that. :roll:

It's just that NUTHEAD Dr. Moranus
kept saying Wang Zhelin played like a young Mengke Bateer who has no skills but just over-powers his weaker opponents by utilizing his sheer height and weight, CONVENIENTLY OVERLOOKING the major knock on Wang Zhelin by coaches and analysts/critics is that he is relatively weak in his upper limbs that he often got out-muscled and lost positions down in the low post by taller and muscular opponents.

His physicality is NOWEHRE near Mengke Bateer.

Actually the hot topic of debate now currently in most of China's basketball forums is whether Wang Zhelin should add weight and work on his upper limbs the way Yao Ming did in his 3rd or 4th year in NBA.

The fear is that if it is over-done, then it might impact his mobility and agility he currently shows. MORE OR LESS a double-blade issue to be considered by Wang Zhelin and his team.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:43 pm
He'll definitely need to increase his upper body strength if his goal is the NBA. Mobility's only going to get him so far if he gets pushed around in the post.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 12457Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
pryuen wrote:
[size=14][color=red][b]EVERYONE that is not BLIND can see that.
lol,
    this coming from someone who parrots that the still-rail thin plateaused had gain 12 kilos of muscles.
the moniker 2.0 fits him like a glove

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
Did you mean this types of gloves:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:17 pm
Dr. No wrote:
the moniker 2.0 fits him like a glove

Apparently only in your mind.

Offline Profile