<  Yi Jianlian and other Asian NBA players  ~  Can Marbury become the head coach of CNT?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:29 am
I think it's possible. Beijing Ducks now intend to let he be the coach after he retires, which is probably gonna happening around 2014. He's a pretty good candidate coach for CNT 2016 of Brazil Olympics.

Marbury himself also shows the interest of teaching CNT.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:46 am
User avatarPosts: 15698Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm
Are you not Duckcoachnephew?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:52 am
I'm not an acquaintance of Marbury.

Malorkayel wrote:
Are you not Duckcoachnephew?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:27 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
directshoot wrote:
I think it's possible. Beijing Ducks now intend to let he be the coach after he retires, which is probably gonna happening around 2014. He's a pretty good candidate coach for CNT 2016 of Brazil Olympics.

Marbury himself also shows the interest of teaching CNT.

Well, to be very popular in China as a basketball star, and to be interested in mentoring young players DO NOT NECESSARILY MEAN CBA will consider hiring Stephon Marbury to be the head coach for CNT. :roll:

Stephon Marbury has NO CREDENTIALS AND LICENCE as a basketball coach. :roll: :roll: :roll:

At the moment there are a couple of candidates waiting in line to be the next head coach of CNT, dependent on what those nutheads at the top of CBA think, i.e. whether they will look for a local coach or an expat one.

Let's look at the local candidates first:

• When Bob Donewald Jr. left, he recommended his assistant Li Nan to be the next head coach for CNT.
  • Fan Bin is currently the head coach for the 2016 Olympics team.
For expats, there are at least 2 coaches had expressed their interests:

• Brian Goorjian, ex head coach of the Australian national team, and currently the head coach of the Dongguan New Century Leopards. Brian Goorjian was originally the hot favorite to take over from Guo Shiqiang after CBA axed Guo for Bob Donewald Jr. back in 2009. Brian Goorjian had worked in China for 4 to 5 years now, and he had expressed earlier that the opportunity to return to the international stage with China will be too good to pass up.
  • Tab Baldwin, former Head Coach of national team of New Zealand, Lebanon and Jordan, who is now Special Consultant for Fujian SBS Xunxin had also expressed that he is interested in the job.
Both Brian Goorjian and Tab Baldwin are MORE QUALIFIED candidates than Stephon Marbury.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:43 am
We can forget Li Nan and Fan Bin. They are too young and can't compete with the latter two.
I think the officials of Chinese Basketball Association still want a famous coach of worldwide to take this role b/c they can't afford the current situation of CNT anymore.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:46 am
And for Marbury, if he's serious, he needs to start from Beijing Ducks first. If he can guide them to be in the CBA finals every year, he has something to say.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:07 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
directshoot wrote:
We can forget Li Nan and Fan Bin. They are too young and can't compete with the latter two.

I think the officials of Chinese Basketball Association still want a famous coach of worldwide to take this role b/c they can't afford the current situation of CNT anymore.

YEAH so they can have the expat coach to be the scapegoat to take all the blame. :roll:

They wasted the window for rebuilding the national team after 2008 by keeping most of those veterans for the 2012 Olympics. They should have deployed a few more of those up and coming young talents (e.g. Wang Zhelin, Zhai Xioachuan etc.) so as for them to gain exposure and experience in the Olympics.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:27 am
That's already blamed by Chinese medias. As long as Xin Lancheng is the president of CBA, China basketball is still awful.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:21 pm
We all know CBA is pretty badly managed. I'm almost certain that Marbury from his experience in the NBA already has more credentials than a lot of the Chinese coaches. I dont even know what to think, at this point Chinese basketball seems to be a vicious cycle of the oldschool generation poisoning the new generation.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:27 am
User avatarPosts: 12452Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
Momak wrote:
We all know CBA is pretty badly managed.
    I'm almost certain that Marbury from his experience in the NBA already has more credentials than a lot of the Chinese coaches
. I dont even know what to think, at this point Chinese basketball seems to be a vicious cycle of the oldschool generation poisoning the new generation.
except for the part about Marbury, agree with your assessment.

X's and O's aren't Marbury's strong suit.

while Marbury was a bordline NBA star, he definitely is a big star in the CBA. invariably, star players do not make for a good coach.
    because BB came so easy for star ballers, they don't have the patience
    to deal with players who are not as gifted / skilled

Offline Profile