<  Yi Jianlian and other Asian NBA players  ~  Dedicated Thread: CBA 2012/13 Season and Shanghai Sharks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:34 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
directshoot wrote:
But Bateer is still better than most of the young centers similar like him, like Su Wei and Tang Zhengdong. In his time, he's already pretty athletic, better than Ji Minshang or Yu Leping.

LOL !!! :P

For a douchebag like Dr. Moranus who has NO FVCKING CLUE, INTEREST AND KNOWLEDGE about Chinese basketball or CBA, you expect him to know WTF were Ji Minshang or Yu Leping??? :roll:

That's what I called 对牛弹琴, i.e. you have the WRONG audience.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:11 pm
Dr. No wrote:
Momak wrote:
He's still not as explosive as he could be but he sure knows how to use his body and size.

That's something that's rare in a young big man. Definitely not Bateer-esque like someone else mentioned though.
not really.

players play to their advantage.

BIGs developed later in life than small players. many high school BIGs are not as coordinated / skilled as the small players; thus they use their size to their advantage.

Bateer is unathletic, slow-footed, but strong as an ox. and he plays to his advantage

Not sure what you're disputing. Players play to their advantage. Agree, that's just common sense.

Bigs developed later in life, agree. Hence my point about how impressive it is that he knows how to use his body to play the post game at such an early age.

Bateer is unathletic, slow footed but strong and plays to his advantage. Agree.

What are you trying to dispute? My final point was simply that Zhelin's game is not Bateer-esque. Their styles are clearly different if you watch them.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:40 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Momak wrote:

What are you trying to dispute? My final point was simply that Zhelin's game is not Bateer-esque. Their styles are clearly different if you watch them.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHERE our Dr. Moranus had NO FVCKING CLUE.

He had not EVEN watched how Wang Zhelin played.
:roll:

Yet, just based on a still game photo in which Wang Zhelin was double-teamed and trapped, then our basketball expert Dr. Moranus immediately jumped to his conclusion that Wang Zhelin is slow footed, with zero vertical leap and plays with his feet nailed to the floor, and labelled Wang Zhelin as Bateer 2.0 !!!

Dr. No wrote:
pryuen wrote:
So China has a NEW basketball hero in Wang Zhelin !!!

if this slow-footed, with below-average athleticism, center is the new hero, it reflects poorly on the state of basketball in China.

what a come down :!:
    from Yao Ming
      to this younger version of Bateer, a center that plays with feet nailed to the floor

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:42 pm
User avatarPosts: 4764Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
directshoot wrote:
Check sports.sohu.com

My problem is, I don't know how to read Chinese. I have no clue where to click to get to the videos.

Btw, has anyone noticed Guo Ailun lately? Since he's been the starting point guard the past 10 games or so, he's averaging 20+ points and 4+ assists.
But is his NBA potential already over?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:24 am
pryuen wrote:
directshoot wrote:
But Bateer is still better than most of the young centers similar like him, like Su Wei and Tang Zhengdong. In his time, he's already pretty athletic, better than Ji Minshang or Yu Leping.

LOL !!! :P

For a douchebag like Dr. Moranus who has NO FVCKING CLUE, INTEREST AND KNOWLEDGE about Chinese basketball or CBA, you expect him to know WTF were Ji Minshang or Yu Leping??? :roll:

That's what I called 对牛弹琴, i.e. you have the WRONG audience.

His uncle is a coach in the CBA?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:25 am
pryuen wrote:

What is Wang zhelin's vertical?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:24 am
Posts: 2628Location: Hillsborough, CAJoined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:34 am
pryuen wrote:
Momak wrote:

THAT'S EXACTLY WHERE our Dr. Moranus had NO FVCKING CLUE.

:roll:

Yet, just based on a still game photo in which Wang Zhelin was double-teamed and trapped, then our basketball expert Dr. Moranus immediately jumped to his conclusion that Wang Zhelin is slow footed, with zero vertical leap and plays with his feet nailed to the floor, and labelled Wang Zhelin as Bateer 2.0 !!!

Dr. No wrote:
pryuen wrote:
So China has a NEW basketball hero in Wang Zhelin !!!

if this slow-footed, with below-average athleticism, center is the new hero, it reflects poorly on the state of basketball in China.

what a come down :!:
    from Yao Ming
      to this younger version of Bateer, a center that plays with feet nailed to the floor

I want to see this guy reaffirm his stands on Wang Zhelin. I don't think any "sloe-footed, with zero vertical, and play with his feet nailed on the floor" player can average 13 rebounds a game in the CBA, or any other league for that matter.

If he backs off he would be a big troll that tell lies over this board. If he insist that Wang Zhelin is "slow-footed, with zero vertical, and play with his feet nailed on the floor", he would a total fool...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:33 am
Chrome has translation function.

yaominginfohere wrote:
directshoot wrote:
Check sports.sohu.com

My problem is, I don't know how to read Chinese. I have no clue where to click to get to the videos.

Btw, has anyone noticed Guo Ailun lately? Since he's been the starting point guard the past 10 games or so, he's averaging 20+ points and 4+ assists.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:13 pm
bobliu wrote:

I want to see this guy reaffirm his stands on Wang Zhelin. I don't think any "sloe-footed, with zero vertical, and play with his feet nailed on the floor" player can average 13 rebounds a game in the CBA, or any other league for that matter.

If he backs off he would be a big troll that tell lies over this board. If he insist that Wang Zhelin is "slow-footed, with zero vertical, and play with his feet nailed on the floor", he would a total fool...

Dont hold your breath. To date he's never admitted wrong even though it was blatantly obvious. Rather he prefer to change the focus on the other person by bringing up something irrelevant that person said years ago.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:14 pm
directshoot wrote:
Chrome has translation function.

yaominginfohere wrote:
directshoot wrote:
Check sports.sohu.com

Are translation functions really that good? I tried them in the past and finally realized why we have so much hilarious "Engrish".

Offline Profile