<  Yi Jianlian and other Asian NBA players  ~  Dedicated Thread: CBA 2012/13 Season and Shanghai Sharks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:00 pm
That's true. You know me pretty well, Pryuen.
Suggestion for you: Play REAL basketball games before posting on this board. Your views are mostly from what you read on Chinese media websites. It's so unprofessional. You may be a fan of Chinese players, but not a fan of this sport. There isn't a real hoop fan who never plays hoops.

pryuen wrote:
Momak wrote:
I think he meant "no way! That's awesome!" in that sense.

NAAAAAAAAH, he REALLY meant NO WAY that Fujian SBS Xunxin could beat Beijing Jinyu Capital Steel Ducks.

DirectShoot
is a devout fan for the Beijing Ducks cos he said his uncle is the GM of the Beijing Ducks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
directshoot wrote:

That's true. You know me pretty well, Pryuen.

Suggestion for you: Play REAL basketball games before posting on this board. Your views are mostly from what you read on Chinese media websites. It's so unprofessional. You may be a fan of Chinese players, but not a fan of this sport. There isn't a real hoop fan who never plays hoops.

WHICH PART of WHAT I wrote BELOW you have DIFFICULTY to understand??? :roll:

I didn't form my views on this game reading from the Chinese media/websites.

I WATCHED the game between Beijing Ducks and Fujian SBS Xunxin. YOU DIDN'T. :roll: :roll: :roll:

You formed your opinion i.e. NO WAY that Fujian SBS Xunxin can beat Beijing Ducks PURELY OUT OF FAVORTISM cos you're a devout fan of the Beijing Ducks; your opinion was BIASED and was formed NOT based on an OBJECTIVE analysis and assessment of the game, cos you DID NOT WATCH the game.
:roll:

pryuen wrote:

Did you EVEN watch this game like I did BEFORE you made that comment??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wang Zhelin was creating all sort of troubles for Beijing Ducks' weak interior in 1Q. He threw ALMOST EVERY OF Beijing Ducks interior players into foul trouble in 1Q: Han Chongkai (2 fouls), Zhu Yanxi (2 fouls), Chang Lin (3 fouls).

OR ELSE WHY do you think Coach Min Lulei had to send on Randolph Morris in the 5:30 minutes mark of 1Q??? The usual game plan was Randolph Morris would only play in 2Q, with Stephon Marbury playing the full 1Q.

But even for Randolph Morris, he was blocked once by Wang Zhelin and also got 2 fouls in 1Q.

Wang Zhelin had 10 points/9 rebounds at the end of 1Q, and 14 points/11 rebounds by half time.

But when both teams played 2 expats in 2H, those stupid Fujian guards kept ignoring Wang Zhelin even though he was in good positions within the paint demanding the rocks.

For the full second half, he only got 6 shot attempts, and most of them were from second offensive possessions he earned by fighting for offensive rebounds.

The Fujian guards Sunidata Gaines (5/16 FG% 0/5 3-pointer%) and Zhao Tailong (5/13 FG% 3/8 3-pointer%) just kept bricking their shots, and wasted Wang Zhelin's stamina and energy by having him to run back immediately to back court for defense.

That also explained WHY Wang Zhelin seemed running out of steam towards the end of 4Q, as he played for 43 minutes in this game, with only 5 minutes' breather.

If those stupid Fujian guards were NOT playing THAT SELFISH and be wiser in their shot selections, tried to find and pass to Wang Zhelin MORE, personally think Wang Zhelin and Will McDonald could have dominated Beijing Ducks' interior and would not have lost the game.

After all, both Zhu Yanxi and Randolph Morris were at the brink of fouling out with 5 fouls each at the end of 4Q, and Stephon Marbury was obviously tired and playing subpar. He bricked most of his 3-pointers and only scored 25 points (9/21 FG% 1/9 3-pointer% 6/7 FT%), 5 rebounds, 5 assists but with 5 turnovers too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:39 pm
User avatarPosts: 12430Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
directshoot wrote:
Suggestion for you: Play REAL basketball games before posting on this board.
:!: :!: :!:

directshoot wrote:
Your views are mostly from what you read on Chinese media websites.
    It's called selective parroting
You may be a fan of Chinese players, but not a fan of this sport
:!: :!:

Last edited by Dr. No on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 12430Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:27 pm
Momak wrote:
He's still not as explosive as he could be but he sure knows how to use his body and size.

That's something that's rare in a young big man. Definitely not Bateer-esque like someone else mentioned though.
not really.

players play to their advantage.

BIGs developed later in life than small players. many high school BIGs are not as coordinated / skilled as the small players; thus they use their size to their advantage.

Bateer is unathletic, slow-footed, but strong as an ox. and he plays to his advantage

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Dr. No wrote:
blah blah blah blah.....

That's called SELECTIVE STALKING OR TROLLING !!!

There is NO FVCKING BUSINESS of you here in this discussion between me and DirectShoot, the subject matter of which you have NO FVCKING CLUE OR INTEREST.

SO MYOFB !!! STFU !!! AND GTFO !!! :twisted: :x :evil:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:49 pm
But Bateer is still better than most of the young centers similar like him, like Su Wei and Tang Zhengdong. In his time, he's already pretty athletic, better than Ji Minshang or Yu Leping.

Dr. No wrote:
Momak wrote:
He's still not as explosive as he could be but he sure knows how to use his body and size.

That's something that's rare in a young big man. Definitely not Bateer-esque like someone else mentioned though.
not really.

players play to their advantage.

BIGs developed later in life than small players. many high school BIGs are not as coordinated / skilled as the small players; thus they use their size to their advantage.

Bateer is unathletic, slow-footed, but strong as an ox. and he plays to his advantage

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:50 pm
LOL. Calm down man.

pryuen wrote:
Dr. No wrote:
blah blah blah blah.....

That's called SELECTIVE STALKING OR TROLLING !!!

There is NO FVCKING BUSINESS of you here in this discussion between me and DirectShoot, the subject matter of which you have NO FVCKING CLUE OR INTEREST.

SO MYOFB !!! STFU !!! AND GTFO !!! :twisted: :x :evil:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 4758Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 am
As a "19" year old, Yi averaged 9.7 points and 5.9 rebounds a game in the CBA. Wang Zhelin has doubled those averages this year in the CBA.

Right now, Zhelin is mocked as a 2nd round pick in the 2014 NBA draft... but after these mock drafts see what he has done this season, he will be ranked higher. possibly lottery pick.

Is Beijing vs Fujian game highlights available online anywhere?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:13 pm
Check sports.sohu.com

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:27 pm
directshoot wrote:
LOL. Calm down man.

If you have been on this forum LONG ENOUGH, you'll know this douchebag Dr. Moranus is the MOST ANNOYING NUISANCE AND TROLL here. :twisted: :x :evil:

He has
BASICALLY NO FCVKING CLUE, INTEREST AND KNOWLEDGE on

• Chinese basketball and CBA
  • Beijing Jinyu Capital Steel Ducks
  • Wang Zhelin
So WHAT DO YOU EXPECT him to do other than trolling and stalking me around to take sniper shots at me???

Offline Profile