PF: Yi Jianlian
C: Andrew Bogut

Charlotte Bobcats
PG: Raymond Felton
SG: Jason Richardson
SF: Gerald Wallace
PF: Emeka Okafor
C: Primoz Brezec

My thoughts: Emeka Okafor is a very tough defender for Yi to face in just his second game, let's hope he plays to his strengths and uses his superior quickness and shooting ability to score. I predict 10+ points and around 5 rebounds.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:35 am
User avatarPosts: 7735Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 10:06 pm
I think Yi will cover Primoz Brezec on defense and Bogut will take Okafer. Anyway if Okafer does defend Yi, he'll have to use his quickness to try and get by him. Otherwise let's hope Yi's jumper is on tonight.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:42 am
User avatarPosts: 2997Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:34 am
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/10446069
[quote]ORLANDO, Fla. -- Yi one-upped Yao in his debut.

At least he scored. China's latest offering to professional basketball, 6-foot-11 forward Yi Jianlian, didn't have the most memorable debut imaginable. He started and finished with nine points for his Milwaukee Bucks, who were handled, 102-83 by Orlando, in a game that was broadcast in his native land on Chinese Central Television (CCTV), through multiple satellite feeds.

Yi Jianlian goes 4-for-5 with nine points in his debut; Yao was scoreless in his. (AP)
The first time he touched the ball, looking to finish a 3-on-1 fast break on a pass from point guard Mo Williams, he took three steps and awkwardly turned the ball over.

CCTV, which is Mainland China's largest television broadcaster, features an array of soap operas as part of its programming schedule, including the American hit, Lost. Early on, you could joke that Yi was guest-starring in the NBA edition. It wasn't pretty.

Perhaps everything we need to know about whether Yi will be successful in this endeavor came through in the next sequence, when he shook off the embarrassing miscue to swat Orlando's Hedo Turkoglu on a layup attempt. Yi then rushed down to the other end and stepped right into a long jumper from just inside the right arc, scoring his first points of what promises to be a long career.

"I'll tell Yi, I'm gonna get him next time. He blocked me good," said Turkoglu, who wound up defending him for much of the contest. "He's still young. He's 20 years old and I'll tell you, he's going to be good. A guy 7-feet tall who plays inside/outside. This is an exciting time for him to come in and learn in the NBA. Once he gets his confidence, he's going to be a good one."

That's the general consensus on Yi, whether he's currently 20 years old or as some speculate, closer to 25. Regardless of the discrepancy, he's still the latest hoops hope of a country that looms as the NBA's focal point for forthcoming international expansion, more so than even Spain or England. It's unfair for people to compare him with Houston's Yao Ming, but at the same time, it's inevitable.

Media attention promises to follow him throughout his rookie season, similar to what happened to Yao after coming over as the No. 1 pick in the 2002 draft. It was visible as soon as you walked into Milwaukee's locker room on Wednesday night, with a throng of Chinese media waiting on him to emerge from the Bucks training room. Standing among them, I got the first few questions in, and through another reporter who graciously interpreted his answers to my questions, Yi politely replied that he'd be able to play through the nerves. He also stated that it was important for him to be a starter for that reason alone, allowing him to get into the flow immediately. Then, through the same interpreter, he deflected the mandatory Yao comparisons.

"He says he's different from Yao. Different roles. He's just going to focus on his game."

Clich

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:30 am
Wow, Yi is 25 now? He's aging fast. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:17 am
Thats pretty funny, during the draft Yi was 19 at that time and rumored to be as old as "22" since haters say the CBA shaved 3 years off. Suddenly, its not even half a year, he has aged 3 more years on top of the "22". So, by the all-star game, he will be around 27.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:56 am
User avatarPosts: 962Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:22 pm
Quote:
...Yi started among the Bucks' first five, which was rumored to have been promised way back in August, when Milwaukee officials visited China in a recruitment effort to bring their prized draft pick in. The Bucks took him fifth this past summer, ahead of American standouts Joakim Noah and Corey Brewer.....

As I recall the bucks had the 6th pick right?

Obviously numbers confuse this supposed expert because he can't even count to six let alone 26.

I guess this guy must really know his stuff huh?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:00 am
Posts: 8225Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
yi is lucky cuz he gets to play a lot of good/great power forwards. its good for his development.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:00 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:02 pm
Can you fix that link please, it's not complete! TIA

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:06 pm
marza wrote:
Can you fix that link please, it's not complete! TIA

It works fine for me.

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia-live/nb...051201.asx

Last edited by Tang Man on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile