<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 65 Rockets vs. Mavericks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:45 pm
Posts: 1589Location: HoustonJoined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:06 am
GoodFellow wrote:
Guys, read what Erick Dampier said about his performance versus Yao's performance, although what he said is logical but I got the feeling that he is trying to cover his own performance against Yao by not admitting Yao had a great game.

"Do you want 36 points and an L, or 10 [points] and 10 [rebounds] and a win?" Mavs center Erick Dampier said of Yao's play. "Which one do you want?"

if his quote is not taken out context, this guy needs to go see a shrink, lol. his comments are so typically sour that my teeth fell off.

and what the hell was jvg thinking when he critisized yao in a PRESS CONF.?! :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 2491Location: "Nothing is good nor bad; The thought is what makes it so."Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:17 pm
Chuck wrote:
and what the hell was jvg thinking when he critisized yao in a PRESS CONF.?! :roll:

Well IMHO opinion, I think JVG is just being a normal coach. Hes not really saying "Yao you are good and are dominant and the best center right now" because he thinks Yao might get comfortable and not continue his progress. I think ppl make too much of a big deal about these press conferences and Yao getting praise. Also JVG is not really in the best mood wiht all these losses and probable doesnt feel like saying something happy about Yao. Dm deppresing with all these losses.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:18 pm
Yao Ming scored 36 points Wednesday, while Dallas

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:29 pm
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
MingDynasty11 wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Well IMHO opinion, I think JVG is just being a normal coach. Hes not really saying "Yao you are good and are dominant and the best center right now" because he thinks Yao might get comfortable and not continue his progress. I think ppl make too much of a big deal about these press conferences and Yao getting praise. Also JVG is not really in the best mood wiht all these losses and probable doesnt feel like saying something happy about Yao. Dm deppresing with all these losses.

Will a normal coach say something like that? Pls give me an example.
I understand he's only a human being. In a bad mood, anyone might say something stupid.

Last edited by OOLONG48 on Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:26 pm
OOLONG48 wrote:
Guys, let's look at the bright side. We are improving!

Last game, only Yao played well. Today, we have Yao and Alston. :P

Yeah, and Bogans improved from a 1-12 performance against the Nets to 2-12 against the Mavericks, doubling his FG percentage! What an incredible improvement!

Seriously, whether Bogans stays with the Rockets or plays somewhere else he needs to shoot 1,000 shots a day this off-season. An NBA player has to make most of his layups and at least an occasional jump shot when he's open.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:47 am
Rockza wrote:
Badgerfan wrote:
Yao2008 wrote:
jaisrh wrote:
JVG needs to learn to use both the carrot and the stick in regards to his own players. Right now his philosophy is to criticize his players without praising them much. Most of his praise goes to opposing players. If I was Yao I would be sick of the little shrimp and his negativity.

Out of all his players, Bowen is the only one that he never criticizes and always praises. I wonder why?

Because Bowen is a hustle player. Guys like Bowen don't have a lot of physical talent or skills. They survive by working their asses off, something which coaches love.

That's even more of an issue with a team like the Rockets. A lot of times Bowen probably gets thrown into the game because JVG wants someone to light a fire under the asses of a team that's locked in cruise control.

oh my god, this is really getting lame about Bowen's hustle. I mean hustling is fine if you can put on a semi decent performance!?! He doesnt do jack, I can also run around like a headless chicken if rox gives me a chance to play, but does that constitute hustle if I dont contribute anything???

Bowen wouldn't be necessary if the Rockets could consistently play like they cared. As for his stats there's no doubt that Bowen's going through a bad patch. But even stars aren't immune to bad patches--T-Mac and Yao have both had slumps in their careers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:09 am
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
jaisrh wrote:
Seriously, whether Bogans stays with the Rockets or plays somewhere else he needs to shoot 1,000 shots a day this off-season. An NBA player has to make most of his layups and at least an occasional jump shot when he's open.

Bogans played really bad the last two games but he's not the one I want to blame. He's a bench player. I think JVG plays him too much.

Who should we blame? Head? I don't think so. He's only a rookie. Alston? A little bit but he played better in the Mav game. Now you know who I want to blame. Yes, it's Juwan Howard. He played fine when both Tmac and Yao were both injured. I was hoping that he'd step up. Well, he's a big disappointment!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 4321Location: Harvard MedJoined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:48 pm
Yao was a freaking beast...but he can't do it alone obviously. Major bummer....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:55 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
Once again the effort was wasted due to a bad arsenal of role players. The GM need to make adjustments fast. :evil:

Offline Profile