<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 65 Rockets vs. Mavericks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:51 am
User avatarPosts: 1008Location: "As far as myself and Yao, we play well together," McGrady said.Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 2:16 am
Guys, read what Erick Dampier said about his performance versus Yao's performance, although what he said is logical but I got the feeling that he is trying to cover his own performance against Yao by not admitting Yao had a great game.

"Do you want 36 points and an L, or 10 [points] and 10 [rebounds] and a win?" Mavs center Erick Dampier said of Yao's play. "Which one do you want?"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:10 am
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
GoodFellow wrote:
Guys, read what Erick Dampier said about his performance versus Yao's performance, although what he said is logical but I got the feeling that he is trying to cover his own performance against Yao by not admitting Yao had a great game.

"Do you want 36 points and an L, or 10 [points] and 10 [rebounds] and a win?" Mavs center Erick Dampier said of Yao's play. "Which one do you want?"

LOL, he's sour. very funny comments

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:14 am
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
seiya wrote:
GoodFellow wrote:

holy crap, i thought he did get 10/10 in this game, then i went to check the boxscore only to find he got a pathetic 5 pts and 7 rbds :shock: :shock: :shock:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:25 am
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
Guys, let's look at the bright side. We are improving!

Last game, only Yao played well. Today, we have Yao and Alston. :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:26 am
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
seiya wrote:
holy crap, i thought he did get 10/10 in this game, then i went to check the boxscore only to find he got a pathetic 5 pts and 7 rbds :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:28 am
User avatarPosts: 1008Location: "As far as myself and Yao, we play well together," McGrady said.Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 2:16 am
seiya wrote:
seiya wrote:
GoodFellow wrote:

Does that make him a liar? Or, someone who is too proud to tell the truth (regarding his performance). :?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:42 am
GoodFellow wrote:
Does that make him a liar? Or, someone who is too proud to tell the truth (regarding his performance). :?

maybe he's just trying to entertain us. i really feel his commets are amusing. :lol:

why didn't he just say "i don't care how many pts u scored but a W is more important" or sth like that? but stupidly added the 10/10 part? the guy only avg 10/10 once in his contract yr w/ warriors, which finished that season as one of the worst teams :roll:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:50 am
Badgerfan wrote:
Yao2008 wrote:
jaisrh wrote:
JVG needs to learn to use both the carrot and the stick in regards to his own players. Right now his philosophy is to criticize his players without praising them much. Most of his praise goes to opposing players. If I was Yao I would be sick of the little shrimp and his negativity.

Out of all his players, Bowen is the only one that he never criticizes and always praises. I wonder why?

Because Bowen is a hustle player. Guys like Bowen don't have a lot of physical talent or skills. They survive by working their asses off, something which coaches love.

That's even more of an issue with a team like the Rockets. A lot of times Bowen probably gets thrown into the game because JVG wants someone to light a fire under the asses of a team that's locked in cruise control.

oh my god, this is really getting lame about Bowen's hustle. I mean hustling is fine if you can put on a semi decent performance!?! He doesnt do jack, I can also run around like a headless chicken if rox gives me a chance to play, but does that constitute hustle if I dont contribute anything???

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:18 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
shokenchi wrote:
whether rox makes or misses playoffs, it aint the end. i expect rox to be contender next year if tmac stays healthy and we get new coach.

My concern is BOTH will NOT happen...... :cry: :roll: :oops: :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:33 am
User avatarPosts: 235Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:36 am
Let's just cheer for Yao Ming, not the Rockets and we will all be happy!
Hip, Hip...

Offline Profile