<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 65 Rockets vs. Mavericks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:49 pm
What happened second half? They stopped dishing it to Yao?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:10 am
Posts: 890Location: Pasadena, USAJoined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:54 pm
If Yao plays like this for the entirety of next year, i.e. average 28 and 13, then he will be a lock for MVP as long as the Rockets make the playoffs.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:15 am
Quote:
(Jerry Stackhouse)

This is the best I have ever seen him play. He's the best center in the NBA right now on one end (offensive) of the court. Every team has to focus on him more than any other center in the NBA, even Shaq (O'Neal).

Postgame quotes

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Post_Ga ... 3-822.html

Yao is not only the best offensive center but I think he is probably top 3 or top 5 defensively as well. His block averages aren't that high but he probably alters more shots than anyone else. So overall that makes him the best center.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:00 am
User avatarPosts: 4156Location: Welcome to Ca|i Ca|i!!!!!!!Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:22 pm
yao is getting alot of praises from other players but not from JVG. :x

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:18 am
JVG needs to learn to use both the carrot and the stick in regards to his own players. Right now his philosophy is to criticize his players without praising them much. Most of his praise goes to opposing players. If I was Yao I would be sick of the little shrimp and his negativity.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:35 am
tintin wrote:
JVG wont get sacked. He has 1 more season at least. He knows how to lick T-Mac's azz since day 1. If he get sacked at the end of this season, I will treat myself a big celebration.

You can't fire JVG for a season in which T-Mac and Yao have played together for only 20 odd games.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:38 am
JVG does suck. Doesn't show any support for Yao and doesn't motivate Yao at all.

I watched The Year of Yao and Yao's old coatch Rudy T. was very supportive and very influential to Yao Ming. Even Steve Francis was always there for Yao. Giving Yao the heads up and bumping chest all the time.

You really dont see any of that now. Tmac think the Rockets is his team and wants to be the star. Steve Francis was willing to share the light.

Rudy was more of a leader then JVG is. Rudy knows how to treat his player and knows how to treat Yao Ming.

Just watching Rudy say Happy Thanksgiving Yao at the dinner when Yao was feeling a bit lonley proves this. Rudy is a better coach and a better people person.

JVG doesnt give credit when credit is due. Sooner or later, its gonna take a big effect. Yao is doing a good job, but isn't getting any credit or notice from JVG. This is bad coaching.

Oh yeah, this game also proves my point I have been making for a while. Dirk Norwitzki is the best 7 footer....... The BEST.

Last edited by biada on Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:39 am
User avatarPosts: 640Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:54 pm
jaisrh wrote:
JVG needs to learn to use both the carrot and the stick in regards to his own players. Right now his philosophy is to criticize his players without praising them much. Most of his praise goes to opposing players. If I was Yao I would be sick of the little shrimp and his negativity.

Out of all his players, Bowen is the only one that he never criticizes and always praises. I wonder why?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:50 am
biada wrote:

Oh yeah, this game also proves my point I have been making for a while. Dirk Norwitzki is the best 7 footer....... The BEST.

The only knock on Nowitzki is that he has a lot of trouble against some of the smaller quick and athletic defenders. If he can overcome that then he would be a more serious MVP candidate and the Mavericks would be even tougher to beat.

I would'nt mind if Tomjanovich decided to give another go at coaching and replaced JVG, assuming that his health is no longer an issue and he could handle the stress again. With Yao reaching a new level and if McGrady leaves his back problems behind next season all we would need is to get a few solid role players to approximate what Tomjanovich had during Houston's two championship years.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:04 am
Yao2008 wrote:
jaisrh wrote:

Out of all his players, Bowen is the only one that he never criticizes and always praises. I wonder why?

Because Bowen is a hustle player. Guys like Bowen don't have a lot of physical talent or skills. They survive by working their asses off, something which coaches love.

That's even more of an issue with a team like the Rockets. A lot of times Bowen probably gets thrown into the game because JVG wants someone to light a fire under the asses of a team that's locked in cruise control.

Offline Profile