<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 65 Rockets vs. Mavericks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:57 pm
JVG wont get sacked. He has 1 more season at least. He knows how to lick T-Mac's azz since day 1. If he get sacked at the end of this season, I will treat myself a big celebration.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:05 pm
How do you blame a player who has average over 30 points and 10 rebounds in the last 5 games?

Fire JVG now!!! I believe that Yao could have broken out earlier had a coach with offensive talents been in place. Yao's growth has slowed because of him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:06 pm
And remember that Yao make very few attempts at the basket given his high scores.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:08 pm
victorhe wrote:
jacksurf wrote:
superjohn wrote:
Yao for Mihm or Yao for Igaukus?

Won't happen unless both CD and JVG is brain dead. Right now JVG is brain dead ( critising Yao for scoring 36 points proved it) CD has not.
So we are at the 50% right now.

I hope to see Yao in Lakers uniform next year! I believe he will do fine with Kobe.

JVG simply sucks from day 1. I remember rockets could have hired Dunleyvy Sr. He's turning clippers around but JVG is turning rockets down.

Hey man, you are absolutely right. Dunleay is a slightly better guy. However, his team has better talents than all the rox scrubs though right.

So who signed these scrubs?? GM and head coach! Also the thing about TALENT. It is really tricky at NBA level. A good coach and a star like Nash can make talents. See Boris Diaw and those "scrub" players from the suns. They will be real scrub players if they play for JVG.
Ship Swift to the Suns, I think he will average 15/8 easily.
Every NBA player has good talent, not always super star talent but good talent. They just need the right coach/teammates/system to shine.

I think the best coach for Yao is PAT RILEY! Yao will average 30/15 in his PRIME if he plays under Riley. JVG studied under him but the Master is the master. JVG learned some PiMao, but 画虎不成反象狗.
(translation: If riley is a tiger, jvg is a dog) hahaha

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 2237Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:42 am
True man, I never hated JVG until his negative comments for Yao.

I support all those JVG haters. Let's get rid of JVG before we construct anything else. He is the main obstacle that slowed down Yao and the Rox.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:15 pm
victorhe wrote:
I second it.

If JVG really complained about Yao's defense instead of complaining about all the other player. JVG can go...

Yao is already pushed to the extreme.. too much pressure on Yao will do him no good.
Trust me he did complain about Yao's defense I saw the report and it pissed me off. I agree with you that Yao is being pushed to the extreme. Yao puts enough pressure on himsef already, JVG does not have to say that ****** on TV. to motivate him. :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: I hate JVG. :x

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:28 pm
User avatarPosts: 438Location: The worldJoined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:46 pm
The players on the Rockets' roster are not exactly horrible but it's the system that JVG employs that limits these player's talents. JVG's offensive gameplan is basically:

1.Pass inside to a post player.
2.Hope that someone on the perimeter gets open.
3.Hope that he makes the shot even if it going to be contested.

A man-to-man defense can easily stop this because no one will be able to get open because no one will have moved and there is no pass to make.

A zone defense can stop this easily because once the post player is covered up the perimeter players have no clue what to do next.

The offensive gameplan is much too rigid for the Rockets to win. Even if they hold opponents to 90 or less points, the team won't be able to get over 90 either so there is no win.

My keys to a win.
- The Rockets should try to get a few more easy fast break points instead of always setting up half court and being predictable.
- More driving to the hoop. (either dishing out or finishing while doing so) This will screw up their defense and will usually result in free throws to get points while the clock is stopped.
- Sit players that are not doing so well.
- Pass to Yao more. (best option, so why not?)
- Let Swift and Chuck play much more. (Why do the Rockets never pass to Stro? Sometimes I see him wide open and a player may be looking directly at him and then decides to pass to someone else.)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:34 pm
Posts: 8232Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
i agree under jvg, yao's development has been slow down. take a look at his rookie season with his over the head passes to slashing guards. take a look ( where ?) under jvg. u dont see those no more cuz jvg dont allow him to do that. plus yao cant shoot his 20 footer no more cuz of jvg. thats y hes voted the 3rd worst by players cuz most players played under him dont like his vulture *****. i bet charlie ward didnt like him too but sucked his balls so he can get a contract from the rox. i hope he gets sacked and get rudy back cuz rudy gots more trust in yao's abilities than jvg.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:39 pm
Posts: 8232Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
"I'm not tired of playing, not tired of scoring," Yao said. "I'll do anything the team wants me to do."
and jvg blamed him for being lost offensively in the 3rd. f8ck you jvg.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:41 pm
Posts: 890Location: Pasadena, USAJoined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:54 pm
Yao should stop passing when doubled and just bulldoze his way to the basket and get fouled.

The scrubs can't make an open jumper. Be more selfish, take more shots, even if it lowers his percentage, it will increase his ppg.

Offline Profile WWW