<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 65 Rockets vs. Mavericks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:06 pm
User avatarPosts: 439Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:02 am
rickevin wrote:
I didn't get to watch the game. But just caught a snippet on NBA TV where JVG is criticising Yao for not playing good defense. Did Yao play badly on the defensive end tonight?

i can't believe this crap ... how the **** can the lost be Yao's problem? Yao was the only one who's effective in the game.

Mavs didn't win in the paint, they won by the outside shooting! JVG's perimeter defense is a joke and the rotation is always one step behind, that allowed Mavs to shoot their lights out on the outside; on the other hand, rox guards can't buy a basket. If it wasn't for Yao, rox shooting would be around 30%.

plus the tournovers and blocks, rox was doomed. yes, Mavs had 8 blocks on JH and Bogans alike, they forgot they weren't exactly shaq-like under the basket but they loved to play like one when surrounded by 2 mavs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
shokenchi wrote:
hoopfan wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
rickevin wrote:
I didn't get to watch the game. But just caught a snippet on NBA TV where JVG is criticising Yao for not playing good defense. Did Yao play badly on the defensive end tonight?

jvg always blame yao cuz da scrubs cant do sh-t
JVG said is upset that Yao only got one Rebound in the second half and he also stated that Yao Ming's defense has been poor the last three games. He did however say he has been great on the offensive end.

defense is a team effort. yao did his job by shutting down mavs centers. da scrubs couldnt do ****** defensively

3 very obvious mistakes i can remember yao made in the game

1. one bad passing
2. not coming out to defend a mav yielding an easy jumper by that mav
3. missed a rebound he should've got in the 4Q.

he's done a good job on his counterpart, but did make a few mistakes here and there.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:09 pm
Posts: 8232Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
seiya wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
hoopfan wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
rickevin wrote:

jvg always blame yao cuz da scrubs cant do sh-t
JVG said is upset that Yao only got one Rebound in the second half and he also stated that Yao Ming's defense has been poor the last three games. He did however say he has been great on the offensive end.

defense is a team effort. yao did his job by shutting down mavs centers. da scrubs couldnt do ****** defensively

3 very obvious mistakes i can remember yao made in the game

1. one bad passing
2. not coming out to defend a mav yielding an easy jumper by that mav
3. missed a rebound he should've got in the 4Q.

he's done a good job on his counterpart, but did make a few mistakes here and there.

yao should be able to block every shot and get every rebound. da whole f-king team players has more mistakes than yao but i dont see them getting the blame.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:12 pm
User avatarPosts: 2237Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:42 am
So

1. Changing JVG can't be really done
2. replace all the scrubs can't be easily done
3. T-Mac's back can't be healed easily

Conclusion:

1. Yao really needs to get out ROx as soon as he can, and find a team like LA or cleveland.
(demand a trade like T-MAc did)

2. Get a new GM and fire JVG and ship all the scrub players to NBDL, and trade some more useful players instead of some old new yorkers.

Man, wasting time like this in the Rox is totally not worth it.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:17 pm
TorontoObserver wrote:
I agree.

When you look at the starters and the bench players that the Rox has, I really don't know what more JVG can do. One could make a case for SS for more minutes but besides him, this whole team is so weakly assembled.

seiya wrote:
jvg's thinking was fine. he tried to rest yao more in the 3Q by going more outside shots. but he should've made it more balanced. the rockets went fr 1 dimensional offense (post) in the 1H to the complete opposite (perimeter) in the 3Q. also the execution in the 3Q was too stiff. yao virtually gave up looking for his own shots even he's single coveraged.

the 4Q was better but it was too late.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE!

Number one thing is he can ask Juan Howard stop touching the ball unless Yao passes to him from the post, then he can shoot his mid range jumpers. Why is J Howard has the most consistent shot attempts on this team? It's always between 11 and 15, he doesn't try more, he doesn't try less.

Have you noticed how horrible their offensive scheme is? It's either Yao posts up or J Howard posts up (as for why they'd pick J Howard over Yao, I have NO IDEA), then the three others stand outside to shoot jumpers. There's ZERO movement without the ball. Have you guys ever, EVER seen a behind the back pass from these Rockets players? Do you know why? It's because they had NO CLUE where everyone was unless they see them! That is ridiculous! If all you ever do is post up and pass outside for jumpers, then what do you need a coach for???? TO RUN DRILLS? You don't get paid millions of dollars to run drills for players, I CAN DO THAT!

I was watching the Suns game when the Rockets were killed, the Suns players even in half courts was running around trying to create space (in one quarter they had seven behind the back passes, not just from Nash, because they all knew what they were trying to do), even if Yao can't run, how about Luther Head, who's as young as any player in the league? How about Rafer Alston? How about Boggens? How about them run around a bit to confuse the defenders somewhat? Do any of you actually think JVG tells them to run without the ball, but they just refuse to??? Of course not! They don't run because they have no idea what to do, they have no idea because their coach has NO IDEA!

My god, if JVG can find fault with anyone, it's time for him to look at himself and do a bit soul searching. He resigned in NY because he thought he'd look bad as the team goes downhill, now it's a much better time for him to resign. Who does the Grizzlies have (don't even tell me Paul Gasol is anywhere near Yao)? Who does the HORNETS have????? Is our team that much worse than the Hornets??? No, but the Hornets has Bryan Scott... oh, who does the Jazz have?? Even the Jazz is higher than the Rockets! The Jazz's roster is like the Rockets without both T-mac and Yao! So don't tell me about the injuries.

Grrr... just on a finishing note, I'm just very upset with how things are going with the team, I don't want to offend anyone, so if you think my tone was not friendly, just know it wasn't directed at anyone other than JVG.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:18 pm
Yao has done more than his share at both ends of the court. His teammates have done the opposite. They can't shoot or defend. I wonder if any reporters have called Van Gundy out for criticizing Yao when it is his teammates that are not contributing.

Those fans should change the sign to say "Feed Yao, let the scrubs go hungry!"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:22 pm
Ree wrote:
TorontoObserver wrote:
I agree.

When you look at the starters and the bench players that the Rox has, I really don't know what more JVG can do. One could make a case for SS for more minutes but besides him, this whole team is so weakly assembled.

seiya wrote:
jvg's thinking was fine. he tried to rest yao more in the 3Q by going more outside shots. but he should've made it more balanced. the rockets went fr 1 dimensional offense (post) in the 1H to the complete opposite (perimeter) in the 3Q. also the execution in the 3Q was too stiff. yao virtually gave up looking for his own shots even he's single coveraged.

the 4Q was better but it was too late.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE!

Number one thing is he can ask Juan Howard stop touching the ball unless Yao passes to him from the post, then he can shoot his mid range jumpers. Why is J Howard has the most consistent shot attempts on this team? It's always between 11 and 15, he doesn't try more, he doesn't try less.

Have you noticed how horrible their offensive scheme is? It's either Yao posts up or J Howard posts up (as for why they'd pick J Howard over Yao, I have NO IDEA), then the three others stand outside to shoot jumpers. There's ZERO movement without the ball. Have you guys ever, EVER seen a behind the back pass from these Rockets players? Do you know why? It's because they had NO CLUE where everyone was unless they see them! That is ridiculous! If all you ever do is post up and pass outside for jumpers, then what do you need a coach for???? TO RUN DRILLS? You don't get paid millions of dollars to run drills for players, I CAN DO THAT!

I was watching the Suns game when the Rockets were killed, the Suns players even in half courts was running around trying to create space (in one quarter they had seven behind the back passes, not just from Nash, because they all knew what they were trying to do), even if Yao can't run, how about Luther Head, who's as young as any player in the league? How about Rafer Alston? How about Boggens? How about them run around a bit to confuse the defenders somewhat? Do any of you actually think JVG tells them to run without the ball, but they just refuse to??? Of course not! They don't run because they have no idea what to do, they have no idea because their coach has NO IDEA!

My god, if JVG can find fault with anyone, it's time for him to look at himself and do a bit soul searching. He resigned in NY because he thought he'd look bad as the team goes downhill, now it's a much better time for him to resign. Who does the Grizzlies have (don't even tell me Paul Gasol is anywhere near Yao)? Who does the HORNETS have????? Is our team that much worse than the Hornets??? No, but the Hornets has Bryan Scott... oh, who does the Jazz have?? Even the Jazz is higher than the Rockets! The Jazz's roster is like the Rockets without both T-mac and Yao! So don't tell me about the injuries.

Grrr... just on a finishing note, I'm just very upset with how things are going with the team, I don't want to offend anyone, so if you think my tone was not friendly, just know it wasn't directed at anyone other than JVG.

Very nice post.

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:29 pm
I couldn't watch this game, and I just checked the box score at NBA.com. As usual, Yao was dominant but he couldn't carry his uber-scrub teammates. :roll:

Can anyone think of ANY reason to justify JVG's decision to only play Swift 5 minutes this game? Especially when Howard went 3/11 and Bogans went 2/12? God, it's like Van Gundy caught Swift sleeping with his wife or something. :evil:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:37 pm
seiya wrote:
paopao wrote:
TorontoObserver wrote:
paopao wrote:
go to yao.... if yao had made another 27 pts.... they would have won this game............

Very good point.

A better suggestion would be if Yao gets 96 points in this game, I guarantee the Rox would win.

not you guaranteee.... yao guarantees ...........

pao pao r u a girl? (3rd time asking) :lol: :lol:

Why are you asking so many times, hahaha?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:39 pm
victorhe wrote:
So

1. Changing JVG can't be really done
2. replace all the scrubs can't be easily done
3. T-Mac's back can't be healed easily

Conclusion:

1. Yao really needs to get out ROx as soon as he can, and find a team like LA or cleveland.
(demand a trade like T-MAc did)

2. Get a new GM and fire JVG and ship all the scrub players to NBDL, and trade some more useful players instead of some old new yorkers.

Man, wasting time like this in the Rox is totally not worth it.

Yao for Mihm or Yao for Igaukus?

Offline Profile