<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 65 Rockets vs. Mavericks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:00 pm
shokenchi wrote:
rickevin wrote:
I didn't get to watch the game. But just caught a snippet on NBA TV where JVG is criticising Yao for not playing good defense. Did Yao play badly on the defensive end tonight?

jvg always blame yao cuz da scrubs cant do sh-t
JVG said is upset that Yao only got one Rebound in the second half and he also stated that Yao Ming's defense has been poor the last three games. He did however say he has been great on the offensive end.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:01 pm
Swift is definitely better than Bogan and Hayes, and probably than JH. But give me a break, Swift played 4 min with 1 for 2 while Bogan played 40" min with 2 for 12 and JH 3 for 11. This is a worst version Bowen at the beginning of the season.

It must JVG's training for Yao to prepare for the next season.

:D

jaisrh wrote:
Just let Swift start the rest of the way and let him show the team if he should be traded or not. He can't do any worse than Howard has lately so let's see how he plays with major minutes.

Bogans followed up his 1-12 performance against the Nets with a 2-12 performance. Definitely bench player material and with Wesley old and undersized, we need to find a decent SG next year. Tough decision on McGrady. I'd like to give him another year and see if he can play 70+ games next season. It would be great if he can put his back problems behind. Unfortunately, if he has another season like this one then his value would really drop and Yao could be stuck with a crappy team for several years.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:01 pm
I hate to say this, but Yao needs to DEMAND A COACH CHANGE!

Usually I'm not for a player to push out coaches, but Jordan did it, O'neil and Kobe did it, let's face it, this is a player's league and I hope Yao understands loyalty should not be freely given, IT HAS TO BE EARNED!

JVG is like an abusive lover, he knows Yao was unfamiliar with the NBA and thought all coaches were the same and a player should always listen to the coach, so JVG just lays one guilt trap after another. I really hope Yao wakes up one day and say "enough is enough, win or lose, at least let me enjoy my NBA time". Or better, he wakes up and say "you know what, I know I'm a great player, so somebody has to be wrong here, if it's not me, then it has to be the coach!"

The day Yao realizes that, it'll be end of the tunnel for all us suffering Yao fans!

Who do you think the management and ownership will decide to keep, if it comes to pushes and shoves between Yao and JVG? JVG??? IN HIS DREAMS!

I'm so sick and tired of him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 8232Location: GuangxiJoined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:14 pm
hoopfan wrote:
shokenchi wrote:
rickevin wrote:
I didn't get to watch the game. But just caught a snippet on NBA TV where JVG is criticising Yao for not playing good defense. Did Yao play badly on the defensive end tonight?

jvg always blame yao cuz da scrubs cant do sh-t
JVG said is upset that Yao only got one Rebound in the second half and he also stated that Yao Ming's defense has been poor the last three games. He did however say he has been great on the offensive end.

defense is a team effort. yao did his job by shutting down mavs centers. da scrubs couldnt do ****** defensively

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:02 pm
If Yao were to focus more on defense in the second half, he'd risk fouling out. Not a good option considering that he seems to be the Rox only offensive threat (Alston did get a little better in the end).

As for Yao's quiet second half, Mavs collapsed on him because they realized that no other Rox posed a threat.

Just look at the shooting percentage. 12-17 FG, 15-18 FT, 12 R, 36 points. Look at the others'. How can you blame Yao with an output like that? What is there to blame?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:03 pm
User avatarPosts: 2237Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:42 am
I second it.

If JVG really complained about Yao's defense instead of complaining about all the other player. JVG can go...

Yao is already pushed to the extreme.. too much pressure on Yao will do him no good.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:04 pm
defense is a team effort. yao did his job by shutting down mavs centers. da scrubs couldnt do ****** defensively[/quote]

That's right! Yao got Mav's center on the brink of fouling out by the end of the second quarter.

Offline Profile
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
paopao wrote:

go to yao.... if yao had made another 27 pts.... they would have won this game............

Man......look at these unrealistic expectations and burden these extreme YOFs are placing onto the shoulder of Yao Ming.

OH Yao Ming should make 60/30 and we can win this game.

OH how can he miss 3 free throws and another 4 FGAs ?? If not he would have broken his career high score of 41 !!!

Offline Profile
JVG is a YOH! :D

Yao_05_06 wrote:
If Yao were to focus more on defense in the second half, he'd risk fouling out. Not a good option considering that he seems to be the Rox only offensive threat (Alston did get a little better in the end).

As for Yao's quiet second half, Mavs collapsed on him because they realized that no other Rox posed a threat.

Just look at the shooting percentage. 12-17 FG, 15-18 FT, 12 R, 36 points. Look at the others'. How can you blame Yao with an output like that? What is there to blame?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:05 pm
tintin wrote:
JVG at least has 50% responsibilities for this NBDL supporting cast.

If that is the case, then the GM should really be fired.

If the GM relies on its coach for architecting the team, this GM does not deserved to be a GM.

Offline Profile