<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 65 Rockets vs. Mavericks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:35 pm
TorontoObserver wrote:
Judge wrote:
Who said the Rocket is not tanking the season? We are playing all the NBDL players at crunch time. :D

Maybe JVG is preparing to coach in NBDL next year?

i think so.......

Offline Profile
Posts: 259Location: CanberraJoined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:51 pm
Bogans had 45 mins??? and swift with only 4? wasnt his natural position SF? y not try him? man i bet all the scrubs want to goto Houston now, cos no matter how ****** u r u'll still get minutes

Offline Profile
User avatarPosts: 1537Location: AZJoined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:54 am
STRO IS RACKING UP EASY MONEY.
FOR A 30 MILLION DOLLAR INVESTMENT, HE'S ONLY PLAYED A FEW MINUTES EACH GAME.

I BET HE'S MAKING 15,000$ FOR EACH MINUTE HE PLAYS.
NOT TOO SHABBY.

tintin wrote:
what happen to Stro? in jvg's dog house?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:37 pm
I agree.

When you look at the starters and the bench players that the Rox has, I really don't know what more JVG can do. One could make a case for SS for more minutes but besides him, this whole team is so weakly assembled.

seiya wrote:
jvg's thinking was fine. he tried to rest yao more in the 3Q by going more outside shots. but he should've made it more balanced. the rockets went fr 1 dimensional offense (post) in the 1H to the complete opposite (perimeter) in the 3Q. also the execution in the 3Q was too stiff. yao virtually gave up looking for his own shots even he's single coveraged.

the 4Q was better but it was too late.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:38 pm
User avatarPosts: 6563Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
JoD wrote:
Bogans had 45 mins??? and swift with only 4? wasnt his natural position SF? y not try him? man i bet all the scrubs want to goto Houston now, cos no matter how ****** u r u'll still get minutes

think about it, SS can't even keep up w/ dirk the PF. he has no chance against SF.

ppl should know why jvg not playing SS, it's too easy for dirk to get past him or draw foul as shown in his limited time in the game.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:40 pm
TorontoObserver wrote:
I agree.

When you look at the starters and the bench players that the Rox has, I really don't know what more JVG can do. One could make a case for SS for more minutes but besides him, this whole team is so weakly assembled.

seiya wrote:
jvg's thinking was fine. he tried to rest yao more in the 3Q by going more outside shots. but he should've made it more balanced. the rockets went fr 1 dimensional offense (post) in the 1H to the complete opposite (perimeter) in the 3Q. also the execution in the 3Q was too stiff. yao virtually gave up looking for his own shots even he's single coveraged.

the 4Q was better but it was too late.

go to yao.... if yao had made another 27 pts.... they would have won this game............

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:40 pm
Posts: 217Location: CA/ShanghaiJoined: Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:45 pm
seiya wrote:
JoD wrote:

think about it, SS can't even keep up w/ dirk the PF. he has no chance against SF.

ppl should know why jvg not playing SS, it's too easy for dirk to get past him or draw foul as shown in his limited time in the game.

100% agree. ss looks really pathetic on the court.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:41 pm
thetennisyao wrote:
we need a new sg, younger PF, and new bench.

I agree with all of them. rox's bench was deep last season, and it was the reason for their hot streak in the 2nd half. Next season, even if Tmac remains healthy, and Sura comes back, rox still need more fire from its bench. Who'll be the instant offense/spark next season? Bogans, Head, or Hayes? None of them has proven anything. Please, I don't want to see Bowen return, and DW is just too short and old to do anything. I'll be surprised to SS back in rox uni too. rox has some chance to trade SS for an experienced shooter or a true blue collar PF and put JH on the bench.

Offline Profile
seiya wrote:
JoD wrote:

Why sign SS in the first place? What a dumb move?

Offline Profile
Posts: 890Location: Pasadena, USAJoined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:54 pm
Let's get Francis back, he's playing only 20 minutes a game.

Man, we had a lot better team with Francis, Mobley and Cato. With the way Yao is playing, we would be kicking ***** with that lineup. Francis and Mobley are way better perimeter defenders than the scrubs we have.

Offline Profile WWW