<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Yao Ming Got D@ssed and Bashed on Washington Times

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:53 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am

Man...... this reporter needs to get his FACTS straight BEFORE he d@ssed and bashed Yao Ming. :twisted:

This will be his FOURTH time for All Stars and NOT the THIRD, and he did not get his votings purely from China over the Internet.

And
WHEN has the Houston Rockets PERPETUALLY trolled the bottom of the Western Conference, since Yao Ming joining the team, except for this season when his team was plagued with bad luck and injuries/illnesses to 5 to 6 of the starting/back-up players of the team roster ?? :twisted:

As to Gilbert Arenas' comments.....well,
GRAPES ARE SOUR !!
Quote:

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/2006013 ... -2966r.htm

All-Star voting can be unkind
By John N. Mitchell
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
January 31, 2006

The final fan votes are in, and the imperfection of the process became clear: The leading vote-getter for next month's NBA All-Star Game missed more than a month with an injury.

Houston center Yao Ming, who had toe surgery Dec. 19, missed 21 games before returning last night. But that didn't prevent a huge block of voters -- most believed to be from China -- from endorsing him. When fan voting ended Jan. 22, the 7-foot-6 center led all players with 1,990,303 votes, guaranteeing he will start for the Western Conference in the 55th edition of the game Feb. 19.

Yao will make the team for the third time, even though his numbers (19.9 points, 9.0 rebounds) are substantially less than what his supporters promised when the giant was drafted and even though his team has perpetually trolled the bottom of the Western Conference.

Meanwhile, the Washington Wizards' Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison must hope they have impressed Eastern Conference coaches enough to be voted onto the team Feb. 9.

"I won't be picked by the fans because I'm not getting exposed like those guys," Arenas said of the players ahead of him, many of whom are in commercials and play often on national television. "So I need to actually do work. Every year I'm going to have to come in and do my work. I'm not ever going to be one of those players who get voted onto the All-Star team after missing most of the season."

Despite having another monstrous season -- one that could end with him posting the second-highest scoring average in franchise history -- Arenas firmly believes fans are basically coerced into voting for certain players through the power of television.

"If you really look at it, it's like the fans are brainwashed to vote for certain guys," he said. "They see a guy enough on TV so that when they look at the ballot they just vote for the guy."

At last count, Arenas was eighth on the list in the guard-heavy Eastern Conference with 326,325 votes. He is fourth in the league in scoring (28.1), and he joins Philadelphia's Allen Iverson, Miami's Dwyane Wade and Cleveland's LeBron James as the only four players in the league ranked in the top 20 in scoring and assists.

Perhaps no player reveled more in his selection to the team last year than Jamison. Though he isn't even listed among the top vote-receiving forwards this season, Jamison believes he still has a chance if the Wizards (20-22), who have won seven of their last 10 games, can get their record to .500 by the time the coaches vote.

Despite being almost a foot shorter than Yao, Jamison's numbers (19.0 points, 9.8 rebounds) are almost identical.

"I want to make it," Jamison said. "Don't get me wrong; my loyalties are with this team and doing everything I can do to make this team better. But I'd be lying to you if I said I didn't want to make it. I'm staying positive about the whole situation. My job is to get as many wins as possible, and hopefully that will help out in the process."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 2491Location: "Nothing is good nor bad; The thought is what makes it so."Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:17 pm
Man his stupidity is so funny :lol: Thanks for the good laugh Pryuen.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:16 pm
Posts: 2750Location: HoustonJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:51 pm
Hey Pruyen,

How bout giving us this writers email so we can flame him directly!!! :D :P :twisted:

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:42 pm
seiya wrote:

That's not for replying to the author. It's for spreading that article to other people you know. Someone needs to find this "John N. Mitchell's" E-mail so that we can tell him what we think of his writing. :twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:23 pm
This is INJUSTICE. Yao missed 21 games. How the F is he making it to the all-star?

How would you like it if Shaq was out for 21 days because of a toe injury, and Yao was playing his game, but instead, Shaq gets to start in the All Star because more nerdy black people get to vote online?

I believe this is unfair. Chris Kayman has better number then Yao.
Shlt, Shawn Bradly has better numbers then Yao. And guess what, his teams is DOING WAY BETTER THEN THE SORRY ROCKETS.

Thats what they get to getting rid of Steve Franchise and Cat Mobley. It's not the same w/o them.

Now its just a 2 man game, Yao and T-Mac.

I use to hate the Lakers because it was a 2 man team. Shaq and Kobe.

Now I hate the rockets because of it. F the rockets. They suck.

look the Phoeniz and Dallas, they play a team game.

And thats why they are doing better then the sorry 2-man team rockets. Who has a sorry ***** center, who is always facing the wong way and looking lost or 4 minutes behind time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:20 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
argetni wrote:
This is INJUSTICE. Yao missed 21 games. How the F is he making it to the all-star?

This is INJUSTICE for Yaorule to allow/leave a loser like you here on this forum.
:roll:

WHY should you come back and keep trolling this forum, which is predominantly a forum for Yao Ming fans and then for Rockets fans after banned TWICE if you hate/dislike Yao Ming and the Rockets so much ??
:twisted:

Have you got BETTER things to do in life rather than to troll here as an unpopular poster and be rebuked by everyone else ??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:55 am
pryuen wrote:
argetni wrote:

This is INJUSTICE for Yaorule to allow/leave a loser like you here on this forum.
:roll:

WHY should you come back and keep trolling this forum, which is predominantly a forum for Yao Ming fans and then for Rockets fans after banned TWICE if you hate/dislike Yao Ming and the Rockets so much ??
:twisted:

Have you got BETTER things to do in life rather than to troll here as an unpopular poster and be rebuked by everyone else ??

pry:
argetni aka cnaman is having time of his life when u jump on him. That's why he picks his spot on your post. He knows your weakness. You will tirelessly defend Yao. And yes, he gets no life, and this maybe his only way to find some happiness in his life. So may you have mercy on him. :D :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:22 am
seiya wrote:

Have you emailed the stupid writer telling him that Yao won by having a lot of paper ballots in the US?

Yao's voters "most believed to be from China"? WTF, this sentence did not provide any evidence at all. Is there any real numbers from the NBA? He is not even referring to any real numbers from any source. He just pulled this conclusion from his own sh*t.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:27 am
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
superjohn wrote:
seiya wrote:

Have you emailed the stupid writer telling him that Yao won by having a lot of paper ballots in the US?

Yao's voters "most believed to be from China"? WTF, this sentence did not provide any evidence at all. Is there any real numbers from the NBA? He is not even referring to any real numbers from any source. He just pulled this conclusion from his own sh*t.

it was wrong link. thx JimRaynor55 for pointing out

Offline Profile WWW