<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 11, Houston vs Dallas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:40 pm
HarmLess wrote:
Man look at all this Yao hating and Yao bashing. You guys are fighting amongst yourselves too see who can bash Yao more.

Jeez, with the way the team is playing lately, did any of you guys REALLY expect to win this game? When you have only ONE offensive threat, how do you expect the opposing defenses to react? A lot of you guys hate on Yao because he supposedly "can't carry his team". If you've got 5 opposing players with their eye on you, I don't think anyone could do any better than Yao did. With the freaking schedule given to us, I bet if TMac was playing and Yao was injured, we wouldn't have won any of these games either.

Basically everybody was expecting the Pistons, Spurs, and Mavs to BLOW US OUT of the building. That we were even ABLE to stay with them until the 4Q (even without TMac, Skip and Sura) shows that we are better than the stats would indicate.

In fact I expect us to LOSE a lot more games if TMac doesn't come back soon. But it doesn't matter coz in the end, we ARE MAKING THE PLAYOFFS. You can count on that.

I didn't expect the Rox to be tied with the mavs tonight w/ 5 mins left for sure, but I also didn't expect a monster game from our rookie. Head kept us in the game, and Yao as the supposed leader should of at least finished those easy baskets, rebounds, and stops rather than be an absolute liability joining the likes of swift.

We all should have higher standard for Yao and the Rox when your rookie gives you a oppourtunity by leading the way. Hell Head had more rebounds than the rest of team!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:42 pm
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
tharock220 wrote:
HarmLess wrote:
Man look at all this Yao hating and Yao bashing. You guys are fighting amongst yourselves too see who can bash Yao more.

Jeez, with the way the team is playing lately, did any of you guys REALLY expect to win this game? When you have only ONE offensive threat, how do you expect the opposing defenses to react? A lot of you guys hate on Yao because he supposedly "can't carry his team". If you've got 5 opposing players with their eye on you, I don't think anyone could do any better than Yao did. With the freaking schedule given to us, I bet if TMac was playing and Yao was injured, we wouldn't have won any of these games either.

Basically everybody was expecting the Pistons, Spurs, and Mavs to BLOW US OUT of the building. That we were even ABLE to stay with them until the 4Q (even without TMac, Skip and Sura) shows that we are better than the stats would indicate.

In fact I expect us to LOSE a lot more games if TMac doesn't come back soon. But it doesn't matter coz in the end, we ARE MAKING THE PLAYOFFS. You can count on that.

We should make the playoffs, but do you want to limp in at #8 and play the Spurs?

What I'm saying is, we'll be hot and ready to give an a$$kicking to whoever our opponent might be come the playoffs.

Give it time. TMac and Skip will be back. Our chemistry will improve, just like last year. Yao won't have to carry the load for the ENTIRE game. And we'll definitely contend for the Championship!

Keep your chins up fellow Rox fans! Our time will come! :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:47 pm
iclaraton wrote:
I didn't expect the Rox to be tied with the mavs tonight w/ 5 mins left for sure, but I also didn't expect a monster game from our rookie. Head kept us in the game, and Yao as the supposed leader should of at least finished those easy baskets, rebounds, and stops rather than be an absolute liability joining the likes of swift.

We all should have higher standard for Yao and the Rox when your rookie gives you a oppourtunity by leading the way. Hell Head had more rebounds than the rest of team!

Dude, the standards are HIGH ENOUGH ALREADY. He's expected to do do 30/15/5 because he's 7'6".

Frankly, I wasn't that surprised by Head's performance. He has shown flashes of brilliance in the limited minutes that JVG has given him in the past games. He is fearless and always ready to attack the basket, or pull up for a three. I knew he would score big someday, just not this soon.

I hope he turns out to be a HUGE STEAL for the Rox. He should definitely start at SG now that Skip and Sura are out. Even if TMac comes back, I think Head should still start at SG.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:12 am
no I don't expect Yao to get 30/15...I expect Yao to do better than to stink like Stro in the 4th and have Yao apologists saying JVG shouldn't have play him 37 minutes, cuz he'll be tired and ineffective. C'mon, a max player is a franchise player, and franchise player cannot consistently dissappear in the 2nd half, even if the opposing team doubles him.

Last edited by iclaraton on Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:17 am
iclaraton wrote:
no I don't expect Yao to get 30/15...I expect Yao to not do better than to stink like Stro in the 4th and have Yao apologists saying JVG shouldn't have play him 37 minutes, cuz he'll be tired and ineffective. C'mon, a max player is a franchise player, and franchise player cannot consistently dissappear in the 2nd half, even if the opposing team doubles him.

If I am Yao, i will pull off a Carlos Boozer to get a long rest with the guarantee contract. but that's me, not Yao

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:57 am
iclaraton wrote:
no I don't expect Yao to get 30/15...I expect Yao to do better than to stink like Stro in the 4th and have Yao apologists saying JVG shouldn't have play him 37 minutes, cuz he'll be tired and ineffective. C'mon, a max player is a franchise player, and franchise player cannot consistently dissappear in the 2nd half, even if the opposing team doubles him.

I dunno why you guys keep bringing up the max player argument. Do you guys think Yao is not giving it his ALL every game? He is the MOST hardworking player I have ever seen. Most other players will slack off when given a huge contract (Dampier, anyone?), but Yao actually goes to the gym for shooting practice, weight training and conditioning, AFTER every game!

A lot of you keep harping about how he "can't carry his team" when his main partner on offense is out, and he's surrounded by "shooters" who can't hit the side of a barn, an apparently old and washed up Deke, a jumpshooting flower forward in JH, and a peabrained athletic dunker in SS.

If Yao is destined to be just a good player with 19/9/2 stats, I'm still happy, and I'll still root for him, if only because I like him as a person just as much as I like him as a player. He gives his all every game, every time, and I don't think any of you can disagree with that.

BTW, if you guys are gonna keep bringing up the max contract thing, you'd better realize that Yao is a max contract player NEXT YEAR, not this year. He is still on his rookie contract. So does that excuse him from "playing like a max player"?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:15 am
1China wrote:
It isn't Yao's fault, he's tired. When he's not tired they don't give him the ball, when he's tired they give him the ball...So let's fire all others except Yao. No joking, just do it!

Without passion, energy and responsiblility, that's exactly what we need from Super Star Yao. And you will see how Yao can carry the team to the ghosttown pretty soon...
:lol:

LOL you have no life

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:03 am
User avatarPosts: 63Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:23 am
Guys! I don't really care about whether Rockets making the playoff this year or not. I just want Yao to improve. I don't give a damn about Rockets really. Let's see why. Cuz I dun even live in Houstan. I just care about Yao. If he goes to the Lakers, most of us will be Lakers fans immediately.

I only look at the benefit of yao. If some Yao haters want him traded, go ahead. I dun give a beep.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:19 am
Chuck wrote:
the rockets as a team didn't play any better tonight. what was kinda illusional was the performance by head, the only bright spot. other than that, we still see a team that plays fairly good defense, but extremely poor and predictable offense, with no effective 4's (which is fatal particularly in the west).

another possible bright spot was that we saw some guard penetrations leading to some baskets. but dallas is a weak team defensively. so that is yet to be confirmed in the next few games.

yao disappeared in the 2nd half (again). he scored 15 with 5 reb's in the first and ended up with only 20 and 7. there are many factors that made this happen, but regardless, when t-mac is out and the team badly needed a win, he did not step up. and man, the missed layup and rebounds in the 4th make him look so bad.

as a big big yao-fan, i have to admit for the first time ever that i am very disappointed at yao tonight. he has to understand in the current situation, he is the one who has to step up every game and make a name for himself. so far i haven't seen him doing anything close to that.
that being said, i haven't lost confidence in yao - yet. i think he still deserves a chance to prove himself. i still hold the position that t-mac needs to sit out a few more games before he is totally ok to play. but the window for yao isn't getting any wider. he needs to do something.

i can imagine a few more losses will stir a lot of turbulence for yao personally and for this team.

doesn't look good right now.

I agree with you 100% on the red highlight.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:33 am
Posts: 2750Location: HoustonJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:51 pm
Again with the Yao hating. It's back to Van Gundy. Why do you think Yao is tired in the 2nd half and particularly the 4th quarter? Why? Cause Van Gundy's player rotation's suck.

It is well known around the league that Van Gundy uses a 7-8 player rotation while other teams go 10-11 deep. Why is Yao tired? Cause Van Gundy won't substitute him when he's tired. Sheesh what an idiot.

Offline Profile YIM