<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 11, Houston vs Dallas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
tharock220 wrote:
If the offense is bad with Yao, then imagine what would happen without Yao. I mean seriously, who wants Stromile Swift posting up? It's almost as bad as him shooting a three. If you're down you have to give yourself the chance to make it close. He should have called a timeout before he sent Yao back out.

Yeah.... I know. Stromile Swift sux in his low post game offensively, and Mutombo could do nothing sh!t offensively. And defensive wise, Mutombo showed his age and was always 1 or 2 steps late, and Stromile Swift is so far clueless in defense within the paint other than committing fouls.

I just wonder why JVG had not tried Lonny Baxter for a change ??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:44 pm
It isn't Yao's fault, he's tired. When he's not tired they don't give him the ball, when he's tired they give him the ball...So let's fire all others except Yao. No joking, just do it!

Without passion, energy and responsiblility, that's exactly what we need from Super Star Yao. And you will see how Yao can carry the team to the ghosttown pretty soon...
:lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:44 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
pryuen wrote:
tharock220 wrote:
If the offense is bad with Yao, then imagine what would happen without Yao. I mean seriously, who wants Stromile Swift posting up? It's almost as bad as him shooting a three. If you're down you have to give yourself the chance to make it close. He should have called a timeout before he sent Yao back out.

Yeah.... I know. Stromile Swift sux in his low post game offensively, and Mutombo could do nothing sh!t offensively. And defensive wise, Mutombo showed his age and was always 1 or 2 steps late, and Stromile Swift is so far clueless in defense within the paint other than committing fouls.

SS is improving slowly. rox hv invested far more in him than baxter. they won't give him up so quickly

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:47 pm
Posts: 1319Location: New YorkJoined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:52 pm
stro and yao have no chemistry. to be honest, i don't think stro even likes yao. i think stro shooting that 3 was a call for help. i have a feeling stro's gonna blow anytime now. from his reactions on the bench, he's not a happy camper.

pryuen wrote:
tharock220 wrote:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:49 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
SS was probably thinking the clock was running out. I don't know.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:50 pm
Posts: 1589Location: HoustonJoined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:06 am
the rockets as a team didn't play any better tonight. what was kinda illusional was the performance by head, the only bright spot. other than that, we still see a team that plays fairly good defense, but extremely poor and predictable offense, with no effective 4's (which is fatal particularly in the west).

another possible bright spot was that we saw some guard penetrations leading to some baskets. but dallas is a weak team defensively. so that is yet to be confirmed in the next few games.

yao disappeared in the 2nd half (again). he scored 15 with 5 reb's in the first and ended up with only 20 and 7. there are many factors that made this happen, but regardless, when t-mac is out and the team badly needed a win, he did not step up. and man, the missed layup and rebounds in the 4th make him look so bad.

as a big big yao-fan, i have to admit for the first time ever that i am very disappointed at yao tonight. he has to understand in the current situation, he is the one who has to step up every game and make a name for himself. so far i haven't seen him doing anything close to that.

that being said, i haven't lost confidence in yao - yet. i think he still deserves a chance to prove himself. i still hold the position that t-mac needs to sit out a few more games before he is totally ok to play. but the window for yao isn't getting any wider. he needs to do something.

i can imagine a few more losses will stir a lot of turbulence for yao personally and for this team.

doesn't look good right now.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:51 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
seiya wrote:

SS is improving slowly. rox hv invested far more in him than baxter. they won't give him up so quickly

I'm NOT saying giving up on Stromile Swift. :roll:

I'm saying when Yao Ming showed sign of fatigue and exhaustion, WHY NOT put Lonny Baxter on either as centre or power forward (i.e. shift Stromile Swift to centre) to squeeze out a 2 minute breather for Yao ??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:52 pm
Posts: 1589Location: HoustonJoined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:06 am
dodonose wrote:
they did it 3 times. twice by moochie and once by barry. i think it definitely hurt the team. i think diop got all his rebounds and blocks after that. you can say, he'll probably get those rebounds anyway but from watching the game, diop definitely played harder after that call by jvg. i think it's a case of jvg over analyzing/coaching.

agree 100%.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:54 pm
pryuen wrote:
seiya wrote:

I'm NOT saying giving up on Stromile Swift. :roll:

I'm saying when Yao Ming showed sign of fatigue and exhaustion, WHY NOT put Lonny Baxter on either as centre or power forward (i.e. shift Stromile Swift to centre) to squeeze out a 2 minute breather for Yao ??

that was in 4Q. u can't really afford putting ur best player on the bench, esp when u were losing. CCTV5 commentators were dumb to say they shouldn't pass to yao when he was tired. u always look for ur best player when the game is on the line even if he was tired.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:56 pm
Yao_05_06 wrote:
You know what, Yao does suck. Trade him to the Lakers to play under Phil Jackson PLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!! :D :D :lol:

yeah, trade yao to la la land.
get kwame Brown and Andrew Byum for Yao.
I want to see that happen 2.

T-Mac and JVG dont need Yao to win championship.

JVG is HOF coach.

Trade Yao please!

Last edited by win2007 on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile