<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Game 11, Houston vs Dallas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:24 pm
tharock220 wrote:
YOU MEAN LIKE THIS? IT WOULD BE LIKE ME REALLY LOUDLY SAYING YOU DONT KNOW JACK ABOUT BASKETBALL AND IM NOT GOING TO REPLY TO YOUR POSTS ANYMORE. HAVE FUN IN YOUR SANDBOX PENIS PUMP.

woo hoo!!! great come back, cmon biitch don't go home! stay around!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Herb wrote:
Also, the blame on Yao is overblown. DAL was clearly the better team with a better GAME PLAN. They just cruised through the first 3 quarters, like the last 4 teams did, while the Rockets were playing in 5th gear all through 3 quarters. In the 4th, they had no more gears to shift while DAL just shifted to 2nd gear and owned the Rockets. This game would not have even been close if it wasn't for Head. Yao could have made a couple more shots to give the Rockets a chance, but he failed.

I think you're right on spot with your observation.

When the Mavericks took over towards the end of 3Q, they started to rest Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry.

They were therefore all refreshed at the start of 4Q to start a quick 4 ~ 0 run to take a 7 point lead...which they never relinguished afterwards.

But no such appropriate breathers for Yao Ming and Luther Head. Yao Ming after playing the entire 3Q, was immediately sent back on court with a less than 2 minutes break.

And right after those points scored between Yao Ming and Luther Head to get back to 83 ~ 82, and after missing his next 3 consecutive point blank shots that used to be automatic for him....
that should be a signal for JVG to rest him again, to reserve his energy towards the end. At that time, it was still 91 ~ 89, and the game was still not lost, with more than 2 minutes to go. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:28 pm
Posts: 89Location: St. LouisJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:14 am
Yao's performance in the 4th quarter was embarrassing. However, I cannot blame it too much on JVG' management of Yao' time. When Yao rests the opponents tend to break away. Mutombe has been having absolutely no impact. I just don't see JVG having any choices. So pick your poison, lose the game by half time or by 4th quarter.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:28 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
pryuen wrote:
Herb wrote:
Also, the blame on Yao is overblown. DAL was clearly the better team with a better GAME PLAN. They just cruised through the first 3 quarters, like the last 4 teams did, while the Rockets were playing in 5th gear all through 3 quarters. In the 4th, they had no more gears to shift while DAL just shifted to 2nd gear and owned the Rockets. This game would not have even been close if it wasn't for Head. Yao could have made a couple more shots to give the Rockets a chance, but he failed.

I think you're right on spot with your observation.

When the Mavericks took over towards the end of 3Q, they started to rest Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry.

They were therefore all refreshed at the start of 4Q to start a quick 4 ~ 0 run to take a 7 point lead...which they never relinguished afterwards.

But no such appropriate breathers for Yao Ming and Luther Head. Yao Ming after playing the entire 3Q, was immediately sent back on court with a less than 2 minutes break.

And right after those points scored between Yao Ming and Luther Head to get back to 83 ~ 82, and after missing his next 3 consecutive point blank shots that used to be automatic for him....
that should be a signal for JVG to rest him again, to reserve his energy towards the end. At that time, it was still 91 ~ 89, and the game was still not lost, with more than 2 minutes to go. :roll:

If the offense is bad with Yao, then imagine what would happen without Yao. I mean seriously, who wants Stromile Swift posting up? It's almost as bad as him shooting a three. If you're down you have to give yourself the chance to make it close. He should have called a timeout before he sent Yao back out.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:31 pm
You know what, Yao does suck. Trade him to the Lakers to play under Phil Jackson PLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!! :D :D :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
yao was tired in the 4Q. he should be blamed for the layup and a couple of rebounds.

he will blame himself 2nite so both haters and fans pls stfu, oh, and those self-claimed objective intelligent ppl too.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:34 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
seiya wrote:
and those self-claimed objective intelligent ppl too.

I wonder who you're talking about.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 6559Location: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a championJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:15 am
tharock220 wrote:
seiya wrote:
and those self-claimed objective intelligent ppl too.

I wonder who you're talking about.

myself :lol: :lol:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:37 pm
Posts: 1319Location: New YorkJoined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:52 pm
they did it 3 times. twice by moochie and once by barry. i think it definitely hurt the team. i think diop got all his rebounds and blocks after that. you can say, he'll probably get those rebounds anyway but from watching the game, diop definitely played harder after that call by jvg. i think it's a case of jvg over analyzing/coaching.

tharock220 wrote:
dodonose wrote:
for one, intentionally wasting fouls to bring diop to the free throw line. that was stupid. aside from the fact that diop hit most of his free throws, it fired him up. before jvg make that call, diop was a non-factor.

tharock220 wrote:
dodonose wrote:
i see a lot of posts saying it's yao's fault. do you have a selective reading filter on?

tharock220 wrote:
calyp wrote:
tharock220 wrote:
calyp wrote:
yes it is mainly jeff's fault. the midget has no offensive plan, no plan for life w/o tmac. every coach plays the crds they are dealt. the mavs have injured players too and yet they been fine.

yao sucks big time but he would be better if the coach knew what he is doing

So it's Jeff's fault that Yao missed a point blank layup and lost rebounds to Diop and 6-8 JOSH FREAKING HOWARD down the stretch. Both offensive rebounds resulted in Dallas baskets. That's a 7 point swing right there.

yao bears responsibility for not objecting to doing everything that is demanded by jvg - he can't do it and still remain productive. however, if jvg did not run him down as much yao could have more productive 4Q instead of the collapses we've seen

Why is everybody avoiding the question? Did Jeff miss that layup? Did he wait for the ball to come down to him instead of boxing out and jumping for the rebound? In Indiana and Miami it was the role players' fault the Rockets lost. Why is it so hard for anybody to say Yao was largely responsible for the Rockets' loss?

No, I'm just wondering what Jeff did wrong this time that's all.

Well that's a risk you take. I know he went 1-2 the two times I saw them foul him on purpose. He made both when Swift tried to block his shot. I wasn't sure why he did it either, but I don't think it hurt them. All of his points came from the stripe. How many times did they foul him intentionally.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:39 pm
keep quoting

dodonose wrote:
they did it 3 times. twice by moochie and once by barry. i think it definitely hurt the team. i think diop got all his rebounds and blocks after that. you can say, he'll probably get those rebounds anyway but from watching the game, diop definitely played harder after that call by jvg. i think it's a case of jvg over analyzing/coaching.

tharock220 wrote:
dodonose wrote:
for one, intentionally wasting fouls to bring diop to the free throw line. that was stupid. aside from the fact that diop hit most of his free throws, it fired him up. before jvg make that call, diop was a non-factor.

tharock220 wrote:
dodonose wrote:
i see a lot of posts saying it's yao's fault. do you have a selective reading filter on?

tharock220 wrote:
calyp wrote:
tharock220 wrote:
calyp wrote:
yes it is mainly jeff's fault. the midget has no offensive plan, no plan for life w/o tmac. every coach plays the crds they are dealt. the mavs have injured players too and yet they been fine.

yao sucks big time but he would be better if the coach knew what he is doing

So it's Jeff's fault that Yao missed a point blank layup and lost rebounds to Diop and 6-8 JOSH FREAKING HOWARD down the stretch. Both offensive rebounds resulted in Dallas baskets. That's a 7 point swing right there.

yao bears responsibility for not objecting to doing everything that is demanded by jvg - he can't do it and still remain productive. however, if jvg did not run him down as much yao could have more productive 4Q instead of the collapses we've seen

Why is everybody avoiding the question? Did Jeff miss that layup? Did he wait for the ball to come down to him instead of boxing out and jumping for the rebound? In Indiana and Miami it was the role players' fault the Rockets lost. Why is it so hard for anybody to say Yao was largely responsible for the Rockets' loss?

No, I'm just wondering what Jeff did wrong this time that's all.

Well that's a risk you take. I know he went 1-2 the two times I saw them foul him on purpose. He made both when Swift tried to block his shot. I wasn't sure why he did it either, but I don't think it hurt them. All of his points came from the stripe. How many times did they foul him intentionally.

Offline Profile WWW