<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  JVG - not the coach to get rockets to next level

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:29 am
I've read alot about what failed the rockets in the playoffs; from t-mac to yao, the bench, supporting cast. What about JVG. He is the one who set his post season squad at 8. There was no one else he could bring in because he was limited. Steve Kerr wrote that Mcgrady needs a slasher type player or better perimeter. I couldn't agree more, but has JVG shown that he can develop the young talent? I agree Luther Head is ok and he made Chuck Hayes into something, but they were nothing in the final game. Look at JVG track record. He didn't think Nachbar could play and sent him to jersey. Look who's in the 2nd round? also, I am tired of seeing alston missing the 3 pointer. Where is novack? if Kerr is talking about slasher type player, where was spanoulis or snyder in the playoffs. juwan howard is too small to defend. bottom line, utah beat the crap out of the rockets. we were not physical enough and lost. why didn't JVG put in Dikembe or that other 7 footer to foul boozer? mcgrady got 29 and so did yao, that's 58 points out of 99; boozer got 35 and williams got 20 for 55/103. So the top 2 scorers of each team, the rocket duo won that, but the supporting cast got whipped by utah's; rest of the rockets scored 41, rest of utah players scored 48; oh utah shot over 50% for the entire game away from home. the rockets were in the low 40' %; pathetic for a home team playing game 7.
also, mcgrady did step up and carry the team. the rockets came all the way back in the 4th quarter to take a 6 point lead at one point. in the end, utah made their 3's, houston bricked theirs.
wait til next year.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 3614Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:48 pm
Jeff is a very defensive minded coach. I'll give him all the credit for his tough defense. But offensively, I don't think he has a lot of ideas. Plus, I don't think he knows how to utilize all his players.

Offline Profile