<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  Smart People Choke Under Pressure

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:46 pm
bblock12000 wrote:
way to be on the fence :roll:
from.this.pryuen wrote:
Well.... as loyal and die-hard fan of Yao Ming, I hate to admit that he is playing the worst game of this series so far. as Bblock said too afraid to scr@w up !!!.

to.this.pryuen wrote:
EXACTLY. Just too eager to win and too tight and nervous. But somehow this is maliciously linked and equivalent to show of cowardice !!!
can you say pryuen speaks w forked tongue :!:

please stop your Yao-bashing tactics

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
maldini
    you should stick to reading the Basic Law :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:52 pm
bblock12000 wrote:
maldini
    you should stick to reading the Basic Law :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll:

bblock still thinks Wang is with the Magic instead of with the Heat

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:54 pm
Can we all agree that bblock is a moronic little kid? kk ty :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:57 pm
daernoth is the idiot savant :!:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:00 pm
AND he is prejudiced against the handycapped! :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
bblock12000 wrote:
way to be on the fence :!:
from.this.pryuen wrote:
Well.... as loyal and die-hard fan of Yao Ming, I hate to admit that he is playing the worst game of this series so far. as Bblock said too afraid to scr@w up !!!.

to.this.pryuen wrote:
EXACTLY. Just too eager to win and too tight and nervous. But somehow this is maliciously linked and equivalent to show of cowardice !!!
can you say pryuen speaks w forked tongue :roll: :oops:

BBlock

You're becoming very annoying, you know, borderlining to a troll, to have to take my previous post totally out of context. :shock: :evil: :x :twisted:

When had my position changed??
:shock:

I've said Yao Ming played the worst game in this series, and he is yet to be mentally strong enough to have the will and determination to win, probably too eager to win, too tight and nervous and too afraid to make mistakes.

But I did not think this has anything to do with cowardice.

Well.... as loyal and die-hard fan of Yao Ming, I hate to admit that he is playing the worst game of this series so far. Probably too tightup, too eager to win or as Bblock said too afraid to scr@w up !!!

After reading the Yang Yi article as I just translated and posted, I'm afraid we have to admit Yao Ming is yet not mentally tough enough in such dead-or-alive, make-or-break situations. Maybe it's all due to his character and personality. 性格决定一切.

He's yet not strong enough mentally with the will and determination to win, and folds under pressure which is disappointing.

But I guess I won't step over the line to say (as BBlock12000 did) that it is cowardice. That mentality is just not there.....but that is different to cowardice.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:12 pm
bblock12000 wrote:
michael jordan, Bill Russell, Magic & Larry Bird are very smart; they also thrived under pressure---despite the fact that they're nervous & tight.

I wouldn't say Magic is very smart. Have you seen him on TNT? Or his ill-fated late night talk show?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:18 pm
Iconoclastic wrote:
I wouldn't say Magic is very smart. Have you seen him on TNT? Or his ill-fated late night talk show?
he is smart enough to build business, from the ground, to market value >$100 million

he owns beer distributorships, movie houses, TGIF, Starbucks, FamilyFitnesss, 5% of the Lakers

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:54 pm
Posts: 647Location: downtown chicagoJoined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:48 pm
I don't think someone can run offenses and distribute the ball the way Magic did without being smart. Maybe it's not conventional, academic, book smarts. But we all know there are different types of intelligence. And for sure Magic has the capacity to process rapidly changing situations on the fly, in real-time, and make good decisions.

Besides, we don't even really know the true nature of Yao's intelligence.

And regardless, it's irrelevant. Who cares if he's smart but folds under pressure? Who cares if there's an explanation, with some study backing it up? This is just making excuses again. That's all I ever seem to read on this forum.

I don't want anybody making excuses for Yao. I want him to succeed, to dominate, to produce when it counts, and to not perpetuate stereotypes of meek, weak-willed Asian men. Without criticism, he can't improve.

Offline Profile