<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  GAME 57: Bulls vs. Rockets ( 03/1/05 @ 7:30 PM)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:48 pm
Rockets will end the 3 game losing streak

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:06 am
Posts: 1187Location: Vancouver, BC, CanadaJoined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:46 pm
If you are lazy to include the b/g info for this game, don't start a game thread. There are other posters who'll do it.

If you are too busy to include the b/g info for this game, don't start a game thread. There are other posters who have the time to do it.

If you don't know how to include the b/g info for this game, don't start a game thread. There are other posters who know how to do it.

If you're dumb enough not knowing what I'm saying, start another game thread in the same manner. There'll be a lot of bashing coming to you......

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:39 am
User avatarPosts: 401Location: INAJoined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:31 pm
Despite the streak lost of three, Rockets had very good records over Chicago, winning all last four games with them.

Now Rockets hungry enough to explode and take winning habit back to them on this first games beginning of March, a tough schedule on this month, 10@road and 5@home. If Rockets can ended this month by balance result (7/8 or 8/7) its very big.

Rox has lost now time to win.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:45 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Sort of a match preview by Megan Manfull on this match.

Let's hope the Rockets are psyched enough by those painful 4Q collapses in the previous 3 losses after the All Stars break,
and start winning again to bring 5 to 6 chairs back from their road games !!! :oops:

[quote=" http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3062241 "]
March 1, 2005, 12:01AM

Rockets can't get a break these days
Challenging 7-game stretch begins at Chicago
By MEGAN MANFULL

[i]David Wesley set a goal for the Rockets during the All-Star break. He surveyed the difficult 10-game stretch immediately following the hiatus and deemed it reasonable to strive for a 7-3 record.

With the Rockets having lost their first three games since the break, Wesley realizes that if they can't rebound starting in Chicago tonight, even more goals might start slipping away.

"To me, we have to win our next seven," Wesley said. "That makes them all big."

Wesley's goal is still attainable if perhaps unrealistic. Six of the next seven games are on the road against teams that are a combined 193-137. And the game at Toyota Center is against a team (the 38-17 Mavericks) that has won seven of its last eight.

After starting their "big seven" with Chicago, the Rockets play at Washington on Wednesday. The Rockets defeated the Bulls and Wizards at Toyota Center just two weeks ago during the eight-game winning streak they took into the break.

The Rockets' 123-93 victory over the Wizards on Feb. 15 was their last win. The confidence the Rockets took into the break after that game has been replaced with concern.

"Well, any time you beat a team at home

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:07 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
The official game preview from Associated Press.

Surely don't want things happen the way Mike James put it....
i.e. the Rockets will continue to loss for another 2 games before they will win again !!! :roll:

NBA Mon, Feb 28, 2005
Preview: Rockets vs. Bulls
Associated Press

GAME: Houston Rockets (32-24) at Chicago Bulls (29-24).

TIME: Tuesday, 8:30 p.m. EST.

Dismal fourth quarters are a major reason for the Houston Rockets' problems since the All-Star break.

The Rockets try to end a three-game losing streak since the break when they meet the surging Chicago Bulls.

Houston, which won eight straight entering the break, was outscored by seven points in the pivotal fourth quarter of a 99-92 loss to Utah on Sunday. The Rockets have been outscored in the final period by an average of nine points during their skid.

``The fourth quarter is the quarter that we're not taking very seriously,'' Rockets forward Tracy McGrady said. ``We're not bringing out the energy that we should _ our intensity just isn't there.''

Houston yielded 17 offensive boards for the second time in three games. The Rockets had a season-low 31 rebounds on Sunday.

``We're getting pounded on the boards now,'' McGrady said. ``The things that we were doing right before the break to win ballgames we're not doing right now and that's why we're on a three-game losing streak.''

McGrady has been a part of the Rockets' problems on the glass. The forward is averaging only 4.3 rebounds during the losing streak _ nearly two below his season average.

A bright spot on Sunday was Mike James' debut with Houston. The point guard, acquired before the trade deadline from Milwaukee, had 19 points despite three assists and four turnovers.

James likes what he sees from the Rockets, comparing the situation to when he was acquired by Detroit along with Rasheed Wallace last season.

``I see a lot (of similarity) in this team as I did in Detroit,'' James said. ``Everybody counted us out last year, and I remember after the trade, we lost three straight before everyone got a feel for one another.

``I see that same talent and I see that same drive here. It's just a matter of us believing it and getting it all together.''

Chicago has won 11 of its last 12 games at home. The Bulls have won six of seven overall after a 94-90 win at Charlotte on Saturday.

The Bulls have relied on the outstanding clutch play from rookie Ben Gordon all season long. Gordon has posted 16 double-digit fourth quarters to lead the NBA and Chicago is 10-6 in those games.

Chicago continues to flourish on defense, limiting opponents to a league-low 41.9 percent from the field. The franchise record for opponents' field goal percentage of 43.1 was set in the 1997-98 championship season _ the last time the Bulls reached the playoffs.

The Bulls, who have won 12 of their last 16 games against Western Conference foes, have dropped four straight to the Rockets.

Oddsmakers have the Bulls as a 2-pt chalk and total set at 189 1/2.

STANDINGS (through Feb. 27): Rockets - 3rd place, 10{ GB, Southwest Division. Bulls - 3rd place, 5{ GB, Central Division.

PROBABLE STARTERS: Rockets - F McGrady, F Juwan Howard, C Yao Ming, G David Wesley, G James. Bulls - F Luol Deng, F Antonio Davis, C Eddy Curry, G Kirk Hinrich, G Chris Duhon.

TEAM LEADERS: Rockets - McGrady, 25.3 ppg and 6.0 apg; Yao, 8.3 rpg. Bulls - Hinrich, 15.8 ppg and 6.8 apg; Tyson Chandler, 9.3 rpg.

SEASON SERIES: Rockets, 1-0.

LAST MEETING: Feb. 9; Rockets, 105-92. At Houston, McGrady scored 24 points and Yao added 21 points and 10 rebounds as the Rockets shot 50 percent. Chandler had 12 points and 20 rebounds for the Bulls.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Rockets - 14-12 on the road; Bulls - 18-10 at home.

INJURIES: Rockets - G Bob Sura (back); G Andre Barrett (ankle); G Charlie Ward (knee). Bulls - C Jared Reiner (quadriceps); G Frank Williams (hamstring).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:47 am
Quote:
Houston yielded 17 offensive boards for the second time in three games. The Rockets had a season-low 31 rebounds on Sunday.

I have 2 words for you.
BOB SURA.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 261Location: New JerseyJoined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:56 pm
Rox is going to:

FOE,FOE,FOE.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:58 pm
Posts: 299Location: mineapolisJoined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:56 am
well this is a different Bulls team at home, they are still young so they feed of the crowd, let's just hope Yao doesn't give them anything to cheer about.
I think this is going to be a close one. 92- 88 Rox win.
Yao gets 23/9/1/3.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:02 pm
i dont care what the hell is goin on in the rox camp, but if they loose today- theyll never win the championship. not his year, not nxt, not in a thousand year with these bunch of players.

u hear them talk n its like everybody knows whats exactly wrong n nxt time they go on court, they do it all over again. im sick of them loosing to teams they should beat with Yao shooting the ball twice.

what the heck is going on? sura or not sura, they should be winning these games. james shot 50% but for gods sake, dont u try to be the nxt mobley. just be passing the balls n shoot when free. i aint even talking about mcgradys game. n Yao needs to rebound more. its getting lil bit embarrasin. it may be his role (positionin) hampers his reboundin but u got to find a way. theres way too much to loose if u keep on goin like this.

i really hope (n believe to some extent) that rox win. Yao will have a big night tonite. my guess is 28/12 with 3 blocks. i think a big rebounding night is due soon for him. fingers crossed.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:20 pm
jkckwong wrote:
If you are lazy to include the b/g info for this game, don't start a game thread. There are other posters who'll do it.

If you are too busy to include the b/g info for this game, don't start a game thread. There are other posters who have the time to do it.

If you don't know how to include the b/g info for this game, don't start a game thread. There are other posters who know how to do it.

If you're dumb enough not knowing what I'm saying, start another game thread in the same manner. There'll be a lot of bashing coming to you......

you need an attitude change. :roll:

Offline Profile