<  Yao on the court, and his most recent game  ~  GAME 47 - HOSUTON ROCKETS @ PHILIDELPHIA 76ERS FEBRUARY 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:09 pm
AllAroundYao wrote:
Just read the following from Houston Chronicle.
We need someone to shout at the guards too.

Quote:
Shaq says he's disappointed for Tomjanovich
By IRA WINDERMAN
Copyright 2005 South Florida Sun-Sentinel

DALLAS -- Shaquille O'Neal said he was disappointed to hear reports that Rudy Tomjanovich was on the verge of stepping down as Lakers coach.
ADVERTISEMENT

But the Heat center said he gave no thought to the potential for more turmoil on his former team.

"I'm not concerned with that organization," he said before tonight's game against the Mavericks.

O'Neal said he grew close to the coach after Tomjanovich's Rockets defeated O'Neal's Magic in the 1995 NBA Finals.

"I hope it's not health related, because he's a great guy," he said.

O'Neal said he respected how Tomjanovich insisted the Rockets get the ball to center Hakeem Olajuwon during that series, shouting at Houston's outside shooters to stop shooting.

"I was like, `I like him. I like that,'"' he said, having called Tomjanovich shortly after he was named Lakers coach.

That's easier said than done. In '94 and '95 no one was better than The Dream. When they gave the ball to Hakeem in the post he just toyed with Shaq (like he did with David Robinson in the Western Con. playoffs and Ewing the previous year) and got the ball in the hole. The Dream was the man, Yao at this stage isn't close to being that kind of player.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:12 pm
YaoMingLoyalist wrote:
thanks for all the articles. Rox should pocket this win easily.

Why? Because the Celtics are so inferior to the Sixers and the Rox won easily over the Celtics? Or is it because the Rox easily defeated the Sixers in the first matchup. Oh yeah they didn't win easily over the Celts and it took a T-Mac game winning shot to beat them the first time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:25 pm
When are we getting Rudy T back???

-Shanghai

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:37 pm
i don't know who i want to win philly is my home team but houston has yao... hmm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:38 pm
Yao should have a good number on this one, but the rockets probably loses this one. The sixers is performing well recently. The Rockets is struggling with injuries. Being a Rocket fun is very tough. just trying not to expect too much.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:12 pm
I hope Rocket can win and they should win so a) Rocket get back 5 games above .500 and b) Celtics (my home team) can get back on top of the worst devision in NBA history.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 7214Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
Shanghai wrote:
When are we getting Rudy T back???

-Shanghai

If he quit the Lakers halfway through the season he won't be coaching again for awhile.

There is no reason for the Rox to lose tonight(which is why I'm worried they will). They have size, better players, and they're a better team.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:39 pm
But they don't have chemistry as Philly has. Philly's coach Jim O'Brien is good at building team chemistry. I think this is not going be an easy one considering T-Mac and Sura's injuries.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:46 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
tharock220 wrote:
There is no reason for the Rox to lose tonight(which is why I'm worried they will). They have size, better players, and they're a better team.

YUP.... The Rockets had never lost to the Philidelphia 76ers since Yao Ming joined the team. If they lose, then it will be the first time that Yao Ming & Co lose to Allen Iverson & Co. :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:00 pm
User avatarPosts: 948Location: Washington, DCJoined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:52 pm
My money is on rox. but anything can happen... lets wait and see.

pryuen wrote:
tharock220 wrote:

YUP.... The Rockets had never lost to the Philidelphia 76ers since Yao Ming joined the team. If they lose, then it will be the first time that Yao Ming & Co lose to Allen Iverson & Co. :roll:

Offline Profile